Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Hotel Paris (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/372-hotel-paris.html)

Tonsyl 13-07-2006 02:00

Hotel Paris

Has anyone stayed at the Paris recently and if so, good or bad?

Portofan 13-07-2006 06:02

Hi there !

Can't comment good or bad. Was in once for a drink a few years back and the owner? played a grand piano in the bar, if I remember.

In a quiet street and about a block away from O Lume. I will be corrected if wrong!!

Someone's got to know it!:eek

ChrisLox 13-07-2006 07:06

Hostel Paris

...its very cheap and cheerful and a good place to go for a low price drink! we had a good night there on christmas eve - the karaoke was top-notch!!!

sonyaaa 14-07-2006 03:58

Re: Hostel Paris

know the owner quite well The Paris has had a bit of a makeover! more so the bedrooms, always a friendly welcome and very reasonably priced,take a look at their website www.hostalparis.org

sonya

No, I'm not on commission!!!

graemereaper 18-07-2006 04:04

Re: Hostal Paris

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a week in Puerta Pollensa, staying at the Hostal Paris. While our holiday was great, the accommodation was probably the only thing we were disappointed with. We understood that the hostal was only a bed & breakfast and not some five-star hotel, but the rooms were extremely basic, with no air-conditioning (we had to pay 12 Euros to rent a basic fan), a tiny balcony and, in the heat of the summer, no way of keeping bottles of water cool (other than continually having to beg for ice from the bar). Also, because the hostal is in a very quiet side street with locals living directly opposite and the other hostal rooms so close, we couldn't sit out on our balcony, however small, of an evening for fear of being told to keep the noise down. I'm not talking about lager-lout style parties, just a quiet wind-down drink at the end of the night!

Another problem was that the maid called so early in the morning that if you were still there she wouldn't come back that day. We didn't have our room cleaned for two or three days!

Also, we were forced to vacate our room before 10am on our departure day, even though we weren't due to leave for the airport until 6pm. We had to pay 20 Euros for changing facilities and the storage of our suitcase, which wasn't mentioned until an hour before our departure!

All-in-all, I wouldn't recommend the Hostal Paris, unless you simply want somewhere to sleep and nothing more. Great holiday, shame about the accommodation!

Tonsyl 24-07-2006 15:51

Re: Hostal Paris

Thanks folks for the comments re the Paris, all info noted