Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2006, 21:25
Steviec334567

Default Info on the Panorama Golden Beacg/ Don Miguel Apartments

Hi,

I am staying at the Don Miguel apartments in April next year.

As most people are i am very intertested to learn as much as i can about these apartments and their sister hotel.

I have booked the hotel direct so no added support of Tour operators but hey we all caught to take the plunge.

I have contacted the hotel directly via email and they seem quite professional.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what it is really like and any other info they may have about the immediate surrounding area.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2006, 03:39
smiddy

Default Panorama Beach Hotel

Stevie,

This was the first hotel i stayed in on our 1st visit to PP, many years ago, 1988 to be precise, therefore my view may not still be valid, back then i've got to say it wasn't up to much, good souroundings, near the beach etc, but not the sort of place i would wish to return to. Perhaps some of the more recent visitors may be able to give a more up-to date report, but back then? Sorry!

If it was me and you haven't paid them any money i would be looking elsewhere. Unless their standards have dramaticaly improvedi
Old 19-08-2006, 05:15
Debilicious

Default Re: Don Miguel

We also looked at this place, im sure this is the place compared to Fawlty towers...( sorry, if im incorrect) no hot water when needed etc....loose light fittings etc...cancel if not too late !! read very mediocre reports, so depends what you have paid I suppose, will look for the reviews i seen, and post if i find ! sorry to be bearer of bad news

deb
Old 19-08-2006, 14:09
Snowy

Stevie

Just found this report which is from someone who has stayed in apts

Board Basis: Self Catering
Date of Holiday: Jun 2006
Tour Operator: Med Hotels
Submitted By: Mr M Morley
Overall Rating: 9/10
Comments: We only paid £320pp for a week here and it was fantastic. Puerto Pollensa is very pretty and not too touristy, certainly no 18-30's to be found!

The restaurants shops and bars are all within walking distance and it was only a couple of minutes to the beautiful beach.

I have been to Majorca many times and now think that Puerto Pollensa is my favourite part. The apartments themselves were very clean, close enough to the local amenities and had a great pool for cooling off in the hot Balearic sun.

Fully recommended for those who want life but donít want to stay in the middle of a hectic resort. 9/10!

Another web site with photos
www.openholidays.co.uk/ac...Miguel.htm

Hope this helps.
Old 19-08-2006, 21:48
Debilicious

Just checked alpha rooms reviews, and 9-10 have enjoyed, and stated, good value for money, clean etc...

only 1 badish review, so it has obviously improved, so not to worry. here is the one bad, out of 6 good.

We arrived very early morning and was shown to the apartment and on entering there a strange smell which gave the impression that it had not been used much. The accommodation was clean but very basic and was in need of a good overhaul. We had problems with the water and found it difficult to get constant hot water to have a shower. The maid service was very patchy and the towels where change only after 3 days and when you have 2 showers a day this is not enough. The apartments where in a block on there own with no facilities to hand for food or drink round the pool area. There was one very big problem that I realise the Hotel could do nothing about that we were woken every morning at about 5.30 with the local @#%$ crowing and as the apartments where not air conditioned you had to leave the windows open, so guests be aware that if you require a good nights sleep you mat not. After 3 days we had had enough and moved to a better apartment somewhere else in Puerto Pollensa.

Deb
Old 21-08-2006, 23:12
smiddy

Default Hotel Panorama

Interesting post Snowy! Must admit, 9/10 does surprise me as looking at the photos nothing seems to have changed much, I.E: tiny rooms/reception just the same as i remember. For the £320 paid i'm sure there is far better accomodation to be had. It begs the question. What are the reviewers comparing it with? Indeed, this was the place known locally as "Fawlty Towers", with Mr Don himself in the starring role!

I remember when we were leaving i asked the rep. for a complaints form, in order that i could take the matter up with the tour company, it is not a exageration to say a orderly queue formed behind me also looking for forms.

I was trying to be kind in my previous post, but, hand on heart, if i'm honest, i wouldn't touch the place with a barge pole!

Stevie, I,ve no wish to offend, some people may go and be quite happy there, but i can assure you there's far,far better accomodation to be had in PP.
Old 22-08-2006, 15:22
cheniesbucks

Default Re: Hotel Panorama

Hi all,

This was the first place Simon and I went to (I'd been to PP quite a few times before at different places). Was interested to see Hotel Panorama come up here as we sometimes drive by the place and talk about our time there!!

It was about 1997 so it could well have changed but our stay wasn't the greatest I have to confess. The rooms were tiny and with no air conditioning it was very very hot at night and we hired a fan that we had to have right next to our heads to get some relief from the heat at night. (We were right on the corner and the bin lorries etc were very noisy at night to have the windows open.) The food was very "samey" and I admit to eating out quite a bit just to get away from the usual. (think I would have looked like a green bean salad had we stayed the whole time?) Our ONE BIG gripe was that every single night Simon had to go and ask the owner to put the lights back on our side of the balconies so we could read with a bottle (you know the thing... It was a bit Faulty towers in the sense that every single night the man claimed he didn't understand and then Simon would lean over the desk and flick the switch that gave us all light outside!!! The man just grunted and waved his arms in the air saying "electriciteeee!") The Rep claimed that this was everyones biggest moan but could not get the man to change his "routine" of lights out at 9pm kinda thing.

On a positive note, it was very convenient for the beach (the big beach end not the Pine Walk end) although like this holidday just gone, it rained on and off!!! (one day we'll resign ourselves that as we're up in the North we should expect this changable weather?!?!?!)

Still remains to be said that PP just is THE place to holiday though and I could never tire of it!! Loving it, Loving it, Loving it