Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 16:17

Default Villas in Pollenca area

We have just returned from a week in Pollenca and may return for a week in September. If not we will be going again next year as it is one of our favourite destinations.

For the past 6 years we have used Villa Select and hired a Villa with a pool within 2/3 miles of Pollenca and hired a car via them.

We were very disappointed with several aspects of our villa this year and whilst in Pollenca we saw the office of Villa Parade and picked up a brochure.
We noticed that they included a hire car.

Has anyone got any knowledge of Villa Parade( or any other Companies ) which hire Villas with pools in the Pollenca area.
We are usually a party of 4 or 6.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 17:09

We have used Villa Parade this year. The villa was fantastic so much so we have booked to go again in October!!
Old 02-08-2008, 20:27

Hi all

Have used both Villa Parade and Villa Select.

Just a word of caution if a name is mentioned re owner in the description of the villa you may find that they will be the "maids" looking after the villa. I don't have a problem with this as I think if it was my villa I would be the same - but - a bit but - we stayed at a villa in Pollensa Town and after a heavy night the lady (really nice person) just came down the stairs from their apartment upstairs saying they need to change bedding. Oh my god hangover etc.

Anyway, we try now to see if a name mentioned if so won't go there. Has happened on other villas both with Villa Parade and Villa Select.

Just my own opinion.

Went with Villa World first time 4 years ago no problem

regards

Sandra
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39

Hi Kezza,

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Villa Parade to you. Last year we booked with them and we were a wee bit disappointed with our villa - it was still nice but not of the standard I expected - not the cleanest and had a couple of broken appliances - but it was a very comfortable family home and we had a great hol. We didn't do anything at the time (you don't want to spend your holiday complaining do you?) but I wrote to VP when I returned. They helped us select a villa this year and gave us an incredible luxury hamper as apology. This year our villa was absolutely wonderful - spotless, very well maintained, in a perfect location. We will definitely return.

I think the measure of a company is how it responds to complaints and the service that I received from VP was excellent. They told me if I had contacted them last year when on holiday they would have had the villa cleaned for me and the washing machine and hi-fi repaired or replaced. I think they are still a relatively young company and want to build a good reputation. IMO they already have.

Lala

P.S I think Sandra may have a point. This year the cleaning and gardening were done by a factor I think - the gardener gave us armloads of lemons The grounds and house were immaculate. Last year was either a local woman or the owner. She had a peek in our fridge (left the door open) and had to send her daughter back as she forgot to turn a hose off - other than that and changing the towels there was no evidence of any sort of cleaning and when we arrived the house was infested with ants - even the bedroom! A large bottle of Zum soon put paid to that but it's not the point is it?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33

Mallorca Farmhouses are also very good .We had a villa with them last year which was immaculate. A little bit more expensive perhaps but the standard of both the villas and the reps are 1st class.
Old 03-08-2008, 13:58

Thanks Jepset,Sandradee and Lala - the info is very helpful

Cheers,

Kezza
Old 04-08-2008, 12:51

We've just booked a villa through Villa Parade for 2009, the fourth year in succession, and have nothing but praise for them as a company. Unfortunately last year we were burgled (hardly Villa Parade's fault) but their representative insisted upon accompanying me to the Guarda Civil and was very helpful.

Six of us go (all adults) and we take whatever car they are offering and then hire another larger one from Goldcar.

My brother rented a villa further out in the countryside last year with Villa Parade and experienced the owners doing the cleaning and, to be honest, being a bit intrusive and making a bit of a pain of themselves! Our experience has seen decent welcome packs on arrival, good standards of cleaning twice a week, and help if required. Two years ago the iron expired and a new one was delivered by hand the following day.

So Villa Parade gets my vote.
Old 04-08-2008, 15:10

We havnt used a company for accommodation anywhere in Europe for some years now. Invariably pick up a property using an internet listing site (like holiday-rentals.co.uk). Usually you're dealing direct with the owner - or a local agent acting for them. Never been disappointed and we feel it saves us a good few quid.
Old 04-08-2008, 15:21

Thanks Harters - will give that a try

Last edited by Kezza66; 04-08-2008 at 15:21. Reason: had not finished
Old 04-08-2008, 15:39
Founder

For villas advertised by their owners or agents, do try this site - see http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals
Old 04-08-2008, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza66 View Post
Thanks Harters - will give that a try
Some tips to suss the potentially reputable from the potentially not reputable:

- have they been advertising for a goodly period of time.

- do they have a "real" landline phone number or just a mobile (wouldnt touch the latter with the proverbial bargepole).

- do the photos show everything you need them to (to suss out how well furnished it is, etc). If not, ask them for more. If you don't get them, cross it off your shortlist.

- ask exactly where it is. If they give a vague reply, cross them off your list.

- ask a couple of other questions - just to see how well they actually know the property. "How deep is the pool" is one of my standard ones.

- Google the property name. You never know what might come up.

- never, ever, part with any money until you are absolutely satisfied with all the answers.

Them, sit back and look forward to your hols - knowing that unlike villa companies, someone renting out their own place isn't going to go bust. Hopefully!

John
-
Old 04-08-2008, 17:52

Thanks John - will do ,

Keith
Old 25-08-2008, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandradee View Post
Just a word of caution if a name is mentioned re owner in the description of the villa you may find that they will be the "maids" looking after the villa. I don't have a problem with this as I think if it was my villa I would be the same - but - a bit but - we stayed at a villa in Pollensa Town and after a heavy night the lady (really nice person) just came down the stairs from their apartment upstairs saying they need to change bedding. Oh my god hangover etc.
I can remember reading this before our holiday and feeling pleased that Villa Plus used maids to clean our villa rather than the owner. Last year we had a maid come a couple of times a week mid-morning...

This year however, I think it was the owners who looked after our villa and they would arrive at 8am to clean the pool, water the plants and change towels and bedding, etc...

Luckily hubby was awake early but they visited four times in our two weeks and I was not a happy bunny! One morning, after a storm in the night that had kept my daughter and I awake, hubby had to wake me as the maid was waiting to come upstairs and clean. Another morning we had planned to go out early and her cleaning times coincided with us needing showers!

At one point I was going to call Villa Plus and complain as it meant we were literally stuck in the living room of our villa, unsure as to how long they were going to stay and unable to change into swimsuits, have showers or make breakfast. I found it very intrusive and will let Villa Plus know when they send their questionnaire.

Other than that, Villa Plus and the villa itself were great! And this year, as well as the goats, we had various pet lizards!

Jane