Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43
yelselseivad

Default Duplex/townhouse in Boquer

Having outgrown the Flora and Oro Playa apartments we are now looking for a private unit for our hols this year. It is a couple of years since we were in Pollensa (about 4) and there will be 6 of us this time instead of 9. We have had private villas with pools in Florida,Spain and Portugal the last few years so are looking for something similar. I know that the area across from the Oro Playa, up from the Pine Walk was being developed and hoped that someone in the know could advise which units are which as I can't find any marked on maps. Are the ones at the top facing the new road going to be very noisy and overlooked? Also, if I remember correctly some of the pools looked like they should be for 1 unit and most on the websites I've looked at seem to be for 11-18 units and I'm concerned that we'll sort of take up the whole pool! Bellresguard/Sangrila always seemed a bit of a walk away from the Vormar supermarket etc. we used to stroll past in the evenings all right but maybe someone can advise what they are like to stay in. They look quite upmarket but are they nice? Any suggestions greatly received as the accomodation in PP is filling up fast. :rolleyes
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 18:18

HI THERE,
I HAVE LEFT A MESSAGE IN YOUR EZINBOX ABOUT PROPERTIES IN BOQUER.
:hat :hat
Old 07-11-2006, 19:02
Founder

There are 4 sets of new blocks in the area you mention. Those backing on to the new road are Las Adelfas & Puig de Muntanya. There there are 2 blocks which go down one side of Avenida Bochoris (avenue leading to Boquer valley) - the other side to the the Oro Playa - called, I think, Cami de Boquer & Montes de Formentor. Those at the back have no noise at all from the new road as it is virtually empty. The pools from these blocks rarely get busy & many are occupied by a mixture of both Mallorcan residents and 2nd home owners.

You can see an arial view of them here - Las Adelfas is to the left of Puig de Muntanya maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=39.912797,3.085964+(Puig+de+Muntanya)&ie=UT F8&z=17&ll=39.91204,3.085281&spn=0.003366,0.010729 &t=h&om=1

There are several apartments in these blocks to rent on our rentals pages
Pine Walk Area Rentals

Hope that helps!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53

We have stayed in Sangrilla and now Bellresguard for the past 13 years

Yes its a bit of a walk ...... but what a lovelly walk

And you are so close to the I'lla D'or for that great early morning coffee and that lovelly view over the bay whilst the sea is still so calm, not to mention the early evenin tipple and then the night cap

There is a small supermarket at Sangrilla and the Bonanca supermarket is also really useful

Sangrilla apartments are a bit small for 6 ( unless you have 2 small children who would be happy to sharea small room with bunk beds ......... also ( in my opinion ) the pool is now too small to hold all of the people who stay there in high season ( since you last came, they have doubled the number of apartments around the pool )

We have stayed in most of the Bellresguard blocks, all are nice and spacious, pools are a decent size and even in school hols we have often had them to ourselves.

They do have rules in some of the communities about not having inflatables in the pools, this has never bothered us but a family who were there at the same time as us last year were most put out that the owners hadn't told them about this before they booked

So, I would say, if you hae little kids with you who want a pool that will have lots of other little kids in it, consider Sangrilla , if not go for Bellresguard
Old 09-11-2006, 00:20
illador

We stayed in The Olimpo part of Bellresguard earlier this year. Very swish, very exclusive and practically no one around the pool whilst we were there. (late June). Not cheap but worth every penny. However it has very definite rules about inflatables etc in the pool. You get the impression that a lot of owners (english and wealthy) are there most of the time and they frown upon any over-excitement!!! Probably not recommended if you've got small kids but certainly a great place if you want something really special. Trouble is, it seems to get booked up really quickly every year.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:00

Quotation from post above
"However it has very definite rules about inflatables etc in the pool. You get the impression that a lot of owners (english and wealthy) are there most of the time and they frown upon any over-excitement!!!"

Perhaps the owners want to enjoy the pool as a swimming pool and offer their guests the same facility.

After all there are holiday camps if you want shouting and lilos.