Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 00:42
sleepybobby

Default VILLA WITH POOL PRICES

With being a villa with pool "virgin" i have come across a lovely villa i would like to book.The price for the villa,flights and car for two weeks comes in at £2769.00
The villa is situated 2km from Puerto Pollensa and is based on three sharing.The dates are the middle two weeks in June
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2007, 00:43
sleepybobby

Sorry i forgot to add the most important question......To anyone that has booked a villa is that a good price?????
Old 01-01-2007, 01:10
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

We have just booked today.Last week in May and 1st in June. The acc is a 3 bed 1st floor apt on the Pine Walk very near the Singala and Illa D'Or. The apt is very big with a fab terrace overlooking the sea. The total cost for flights, acc (for 14 nights for 4 people) and car is approx 3000 euros (real money!) which is about stg 2000 I think. Ok there is no pool but we have the best beach around (IMO) 20 metres from our front door.
We stayed in the same acc last year and it was even cheaper (flights from Dublin have gone up) and Open Holidays are gone out of business. I think that last year the total cost was around 2100 euros stg 1500 but this was for the 2nd and 3rd week in May.
I think that youve done well Sleepybobby. I'm sure the Villa is super. It all depends on what you want. We like to be a bit more central and with 2 kids the PW is great.
There is no doubt that the prices have increased since last year (from Ireland anyway) but its still good value compared with a package holiday.
Now I'm counting down the days....:lol
Hope that helps SB
K
Old 02-01-2007, 21:06

Killian

I agree with you regarding value compared with package

We are staying for last 2 weeks in July in 4bed really nice apartment with pool just near where you are

Total cost with flights and ridiculously priced car ( £540 because it has to be a 7 seater ) for 4 adults and 2 teenagers is about £3800 .......... we all have our own rooms, no one sleeps in the lounge, we have 2 or 3 bathrooms and although the pool is shared , it is never overcrowded

Contrast that with the same 2 weeks at a nearby "holiday apartment complex" £4150 with no car, the place would be teaming with people and the teenagers would be expected to sleep in the lounge and share our bathroom or pay a massive supplement ( I have never understood why joliday companies think it is ok for people to come on holiday but then put up with sleeping and living arrangements that would never be seen as reasonable at home ....... I thought holidays were supposed to be for rest and relaxation )

......... for me there really is no contest, especially when you are coming somewhere like PP where it is a known commodity
Old 07-01-2007, 00:37

Sleepy,K is right,shopping around is good advice,but dont be put off by not being in the centre of things.
Villas in the countryside can be a delight. Privacy,pool,seclusion and probably a finca/villa style property most of us couldnt buy,its a lovely dream for two weeks.
La Font is beautiful as is the countryside between Llenaire and the town.
I think the prices are well worth it and a change from a complex style hol with pool/kids/families/noise etc
But thats a personal opinion and weve all been there at some point in our life havent we?
Good luck in finding summer heaven!