Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-2008, 23:06

Default Anyone stayed at Villa Vidrier - route to beach?

Hi, we're flying out soon now for two weeks, and really looking forward to it, it will be our first time visiting PP or in fact Majorca!

We have booked villa Vidrier via villastogo.com and ideally don't want to hire a car, at least not to and from the airport.

It looks in a nice spot but I can't ascertain, either from the maps available or from the UK office, if there is a walking route to the beach/resort centre, without walking along the main MA220 road.

Has anyone been to this villa or nearby (google map attached on the "location" tab of this page) who could tell us if there's a cut through at all?

http://www.villastogo.com/villa/vidrier/SPO181F#

Thanks very much in advance for any help/suggestions,

Margaret

Last edited by margaret; 24-06-2008 at 23:08.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-06-2008, 08:16

Hi Margaret,

I think I am correct in saying that this villa is in the countryside, if so you will not have a pavement but would be walking on the road, you do not have to go to the main road, you would be able to cut across to the beach at Llenaire, although when you go in two weeks time I think you will find it will be very warm walking the 3km. I think a taxi out to the villa will be about 8-10 euro's.

Have a great time.

PP76

Last edited by PP76; 25-06-2008 at 08:21.
Old 25-06-2008, 09:37

Hi Margaret
Not sure exactly where the villa is, but it looks like in the country along the coast road that comes out from Pollenca, Personally I think you will find you will need a car, the road is very narrow and no where to walk safely, I think you may feel isolated without one as you will need one for shopping etc, it may work out expensive using taxis and as pp says 3 km in 30 degrees heat sounds too far to me.
Hope you have a great holiday, once you go there you will not want to go any where else
Old 25-06-2008, 11:15

Wink

Hi PP and sws

Thanks very much to both for your helpful info - we really want a chilled break with no car if at all possible, but it may be that we get one when we arrive, so your info is really helpful.

We're not too bothered about taxi fares if we can avoid a car, and if we can find a good English speaking (our Spanish is v limited) taxi firm to drop us off and hopefully pick us up from the villa!

Thanks again, really looking forward to it, just trying to decide what's best with the mix we'll have there - 3 adults, 3 teenagers and one 11 year old!

Margaret -x-
Old 25-06-2008, 11:22

Having stayed in villas around PP and the old town for the last 12 years, I would definitely recommend you hire a car. You will need, as sws says, to get shopping and walking 3km carrying heavy bags and water will not be fun in the heat!

Plus there's walking back late at night after you have had a meal in PP - no street lights and narrow roads.

The villa looks beautiful - hope you have a great time!