Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 16:46

Default Hotel Don Pedro CSV

I seem to remember saintstephen was going to be there in May. I've read his post re the rain!! Can I ask, if you did stay at the Don Pedro you can let me know if there have been any changes?
thanks
betty
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 09:25

Hi Betty, we got back just over a week ago and yes it did rain a lot and as a result there was plenty of mozzies about and lots of people did get bitten; I am still strugling with the bites I got and had to go to the doctors yesterday and she has put me on a weeks antibiotics to get rid of the swelling and burning that they have caused. So I would recommend taking a good repellant with you and get it applied as soon as you get there. There seemed to be plenty of mozzies in the Simar evening bar on the corner and we also got bitten in the Irish Bar (ex Trotters), even the bar man had bites on his lip

As I have said the weather was awful, but the hotel was great and you could still use your AI wristband in the Simar which was good and meant that if you didnt fancy the eevening entertainment in the DP, you could mosy(not mozzie) up to the Simar for theirs.

The food and drinks facilities at the DP were still as good as when we last went 2 years ago and a lot of the staff remained, so thats always a good sign. I emailed them a fortnight before we went, asking that we had stayed previously and gave them our room numbers that we had stayed in(overlooking the sea) and asked if a similar room could be available this time; to our surprise they put us in one of the rooms we had stayed in previously, so everything on that front was fine also

There is now a Pharmacy in CSV, down the steps and just further on than the tobacconist.

If you have any more questions fire away
Old 11-06-2008, 23:34

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstephen View Post
Hi Betty, we got back just over a week ago and yes it did rain a lot and as a result there was plenty of mozzies about and lots of people did get bitten; I am still strugling with the bites I got and had to go to the doctors yesterday and she has put me on a weeks antibiotics to get rid of the swelling and burning that they have caused. So I would recommend taking a good repellant with you and get it applied as soon as you get there. There seemed to be plenty of mozzies in the Simar evening bar on the corner and we also got bitten in the Irish Bar (ex Trotters), even the bar man had bites on his lip

As I have said the weather was awful, but the hotel was great and you could still use your AI wristband in the Simar which was good and meant that if you didn't fancy the eevening entertainment in the DP, you could mosy(not mozzie) up to the Simar for theirs.

The food and drinks facilities at the DP were still as good as when we last went 2 years ago and a lot of the staff remained, so thats always a good sign. I emailed them a fortnight before we went, asking that we had stayed previously and gave them our room numbers that we had stayed in(overlooking the sea) and asked if a similar room could be available this time; to our surprise they put us in one of the rooms we had stayed in previously, so everything on that front was fine also

There is now a Pharmacy in CSV, down the steps and just further on than the tobacconist.

If you have any more questions fire away
thanks for all the info. I don't think they have had weather like this for a long time!Glad to hear the DP is OK, you'll have to let me know what numbered rooms overlook the sea!When we were in CSV in2005 we stayed in the simar in the restaurant block. Room was fine, only problem was the lift, didn't work 10 days out of 14, so we had a lot of stairs to climb. We are really looking forward to going back there. We were in Cala Bona in may, another nice resort with plenty of good restaurants ( no mozzies!)

regards
betty
Old 12-06-2008, 09:26

Betty, Room 122 is above the restaurant on the 1st floor and overlooks the terrace and sea, Room 314 also overlooks the sea, but is more to the side nearest the swimming pool. Room 122 was our favourite
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00

thanks for that! I'll put those numbers with all the holiday stuff and perhaps phone them when the tickets have arrived, or might that be too late. Did you contact them by phone or email? Also, did you ask in english or spanish!!!
betty
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46

Two years ago I phoned them, but the other week I emailed them, always found the Recption staff at this hotel very helpful Think if you mention that you have stayed there before it helps too. I was amazed at the number of people at the hotel who had visited it previously.
Old 12-06-2008, 15:19

Thumbs up

thanks very much!!. We have booked through airtours, I've just phoned them, gave then the room number 122 and she has noted this and is sending me out an amended invoice.
regards
betty
Old 07-08-2010, 17:28

Default Hotel Don Pedro

The good news for CSV lovers is that the local authority have approved this monsterous carbuncle for demolition.

After nearly forty years this part of the town will hopefully be restored to its natural beauty.
Old 07-08-2010, 21:20
Under Moderation

What will be in place of it I wonder? No such thing as a free lunch comes to mind and be careful what you wish for!!
Old 07-08-2010, 23:23

Sadly I feel that with the current downturn in tourism and the building sector could well lead to anything and everything being allowed to spring up once again
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53

Nothing is due to replace it other than a public area. The hotel is in contravention of building laws, given its siting. The town hall says that today it couldn't be built because of application of laws in respect of public and coastal land. It's been condemned for years, and it could still be some time before it is knocked down - someone, presumably the town hall, has to expropriate the hotel, and who knows how much that will cost.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53

I have to admit that I dont find the Don Pedro intrusive, being built into the hillside as it is, and do feel for the local bars/restaurants and shops that depend on it for their livelihood.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:10
Super Moderator

Am i being a bit dim here , surely CSV like all other resorts needs as many tourists as they can get, these people will need somewhere to stay so where is the logic in demolishing a hotel and not replacing it with another. I am sorry to say this but it is another nail in the coffin .
Old 08-08-2010, 12:30

Default Hotel Don Pedro

The hotel is all inclusive, do many people venture out to support local businesses ?

It may not be ideal but perhaps some apartments could be built there, at least the visitors would bring the money in.
Old 08-08-2010, 13:52

I thought both the Don Pedro and the Simar were owned or managed by the same company so maybe they will just transfer the business across as the Simar was closed last year for the season. I don't know if they are open this season. We have spent many holidays in CSV and the reps would bring groups out of the Don Pedro into the bar that was Trotters (I think it is now an Irish bar) for the quiz night, we would also see many of the guests on the beach at Cala Mollins so they all didn't stay in all the time. There are some lovely modern apartments and villas that have gone up in the last few years around CSV but both those and the restaurants have still seemed empty when we have visited.