Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2008, 13:35

Default Hotel Eolo

Due to our financial restrictions this year we have booked a one week budjet holiday to the Hotel Eolo.
The party includes myself wife and three year old daughter.We have booked a sea view room
Before booking i did realize where the hotel is situated and there would be noise from traffic etc but after reading some reviews on trip adviser i have a terrible feeling ive made a mistake!!!
I know the old story ....you get what you pay for and accept the hotel is a two key but is it really THAT bad!!!!!
So can anyone from the forum tell me if they have stayed there and what its really like
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2008, 14:55

Default eolo

We are staying in Eolo in August. Have done so for the past 4years. It is spotlessly clean, maid service everyday and lovely terrace. We have stayed in various apartments over the years but they are quite expensive for two adults. Eolo is in a busy spot but it is so convenient for all we need, bars, beach fishing church and meeting our son after a busy service time, helping him to unwind. Ok you do get what you pay for but the buffet breakfast is plentiful, pizza bar good for not so special meals or a lunchtime snack. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do, the staff are most helpful.
Old 26-05-2008, 16:20

Default Eolo

Hi sleepyboaby

I have just booked my daughter into the Eolo for a week. She stayed here last time she decided to join us 'last minute' and I was so anxious but the staff looked after her extremely well and couldn't have been nicer. Her room was small but spotlessly clean and although, as has been said, you do get what you pay for I think the Eolo is great value for money. Hope you have a good holiday.
Old 26-05-2008, 17:49

Default Eolo

My daughter and I stayed here for a week in October 2006 and throroughly enjoyed it

It was a really warm week for end of October and we did need to sleep with windows and shutters open due to there being no air conditioning

I will not say there was no noise, but there wasn;t anything to worry about ...... biggest issue was early morning ( from about 7.30 ) .......... but I guess with a 3 year old you won;t sleep in much later than that anyway

As previous posts have said, basic but clean and lovelly staff ..... buffet breakfasts pleantiful and they even let me "take away" my lazy daughters breakfast on the days she could not tear herself away from her bed ....... she was a tweenager then .and just starting to develope teanage behaviours

I am sure you will have a great time ........... and as for your 3 year old .,........... surely a childs dream come true to stay within sight of the Helados Hut !
Old 26-05-2008, 17:54

Default hotel eolo

we've stayed at the Eolo several times and can only agree with other posters - OK it is basic but very clean and the staff were friendly especially Carlos in reception. The breakfasts are quite adequate but with the same choices every day, if you like pizzas and burgers theirs are as good as anywhere. The best bit is the location - so convenient for everything, and the view from the rooms above the terrace is fab. There is a downside to the location however - some noise is only to be expected. Last time we stayed in a room above the terrace 2nd floor and I never had any trouble sleeping. I would go back anytime. By the way when we were booking this years hol. and talking to someone who rents their apartment through this site he told us that the Eolo had new ?managers/owners? this year but don't know if this is so or not.
Old 26-05-2008, 18:06

Thank you for all your replies as it has set my mind at ease.We have booked a seafront family room but are not sure if there is a balcony with the room .Again after reading posts on the trip adviser some people said that they ended up with windows instead of balconies.Has anyone booked a family room here and if so what floor would it be on and more importantly will i have a balcony!!!!Thanks again i really appreciate your feedback.
Old 28-05-2008, 12:12

We've stayed here too. Was a few years ago but had no problems. I would echo what others say - basic but very clean. Breakfast used to be served in your room in the days when we stayed.

Location is fine - great views.
Old 29-05-2008, 11:14

Dear Sleepyboaby,

If you send an email to the Eolo at reserves@hoteleolo.com, with your date of arrival/departure I will make sure that you have a nice room with a balcony overlooking the marina.

Kind regards,

Carlos
Hotel Eolo
Old 29-05-2008, 13:34

Default Hotel Eolo

How lovely! You can't ask for better service than that.
Old 29-05-2008, 18:23

Now that IS good service!!!!
I stayed at the Eolo before a few years ago - no problems, perfect location & great value for money. Enjoy!!!
Old 29-05-2008, 18:27

Thumbs up

Carlos
Thank you very much it is really appreciated.I shall forward my details to you shortly
Thanks again
Old 29-05-2008, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
Dear Sleepyboaby,

If you send an email to the Eolo at reserves@hoteleolo.com, with your date of arrival/departure I will make sure that you have a nice room with a balcony overlooking the marina.

Kind regards,

Carlos
Hotel Eolo
Carlos..your fantastic gesture has made you the King of Service for me..and I'm sure many will be equally impressed...

Old 29-05-2008, 20:42

My sentiments entirely shotokan.Little personal touches like that are few and far between these days and i cant thank Carlos enough.
Old 29-05-2008, 21:50

Default hotel eolo

I told you Carlos in reception was brill. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's asked you to email your details so he can sort a great room for you. He will do everything he can to make your stay as good as possible. Enjoy.