Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2007, 06:54
WendyMelvin

Default Bellamar Apartments

Hi

hoping to holiday in Puerto Pollensa this year (July/August) for the first time. Have been looking around various sites and the Bellamar on Globespan seems very good value for money as well as being well located for the beach. Read a dodgy review on Holidays Uncovered about Bellamar but there seems to be 2 different apartment blocks - Globespan offer both, referring to one as just Bellamar and the other as Bellamar (Pollensa Park). As far as I can make out they are next to each other and can both use the Pollensa Park facilities. Has anyone stayed in these apartments recently and can shed any light on what they are like? Last write up on this site seems to be from 2003. Any info would be appreciated - also, is the road at the front of these apartments very busy? -I have 2 kids aged 9 and 6 and am thinking from a safety perspective.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 22-05-2007, 00:32
blaike

Hi

We stayed in the Bellamar apts last October for a week and believe me a week was long enough. Very rundown accomodation with an extremely busy road just outside (we knew about the road but were not prepared for the constant noise and the bus stop just outside - buses stopping every 10 minutes with the passengers staring into our apt!)
It appeared to be good value for money to us when we booked but having stayed in a lot of different apts in PP over the last 20 years I would rate this as the worst of the lot.
Old 22-05-2007, 03:05

Why not book a flight then pick apt/villa of this web site sure there must be one available good hunting
Old 24-05-2007, 14:13
ShelleyM3

Hi Wendy

We have stayed in both these apartments. We stayed in Bellamar in May 2005 and Bellamar Pollensa Park apartments in May 2006.

You are correct they are right beside each other and both can use facilities of PP hotel which is just behind both apartments.

I have to say we loved both. We had our now 4 year old son with both times.

The bellemar is the newer building and has a small pool which has a baby pool too but the main pool would be great for your boys. Grass and sunbeds around it so easy to watch them. The apts have balconies which look out on to this area and have table and chairs which is nice to have breakfast at. We requested a ground floor apt by telephone and Globespan managed to accomodate. The building is a '7' shape so some apartments look out to the road but you also get wonderful view of beach and sea which is directly oppposite, just need to cross at the zebra crossing outside gate. I can honestly say I never noticed any road noise but we were at side.Out of back of apartments are a row of small supermarkets and cafe/restaurants. Shops sells basics and have fresh crusty bread in the morning. The apartment itself is basic but very clean and had everything we needed. Small lounge area with sofas, (no tv in case thats important for your boys), dining area and an adequate kitchen with microwave that had grill in it, rings and fridge. The apt was regularly cleaned and the cleaning staff were lovely, talked non stop in Spanish to our son.

The Bellamar Pollensa Park apts are right next door. Older building and the rooms are furnished with slightly more 'rustic' furniture but still clean and adequate. These dont have pool but can use PP hotel one which is large and has bar/cafe round it so good for getting drinks and snack at lunchtime say after a dip. Visually the Bellamar look better than Bellamar PP and are slightly more modern. But I would have no problem going back to either. In fact I am planning to go back in September work allowing and will look for availability in either of these.

The Pollensa Park hotel is handy for various things - not nicest looking building - big 70s built hotel but has some useful facilities - bike rental which we did couple of times, huge pool, cafe, internet access, also have activities on day and night for kids like boules or kiddie disco. They have a board in the hotel telling you which activities when. They also organise trips to local places although we just used local buses and had no problems (and bus stops are just outside which is handy). Also have a playpark. They do bands etc at night too which the wind did occasionally carry the noise but didnt go on late and wasnt that bad - nice background music :-)

The walk from either apts into main town is lovely, walk right along beach side, can even walk along beach large part of way if want. 10/15min walk into town (20/25 with a 3 year old!). Restaurants and small supermarkets all along then come to marina then main town.

If you are looking for basic but adequate, clean family accomodation with lots of facilities near by then either are for you. If you need anymore info please ask. I am sure I have some photos that I could even email you of inside of apartments if that helps.

thanks
Shelley