Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   La Singla (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/306-la-singla.html)

slevinmarie 19-06-2006 05:19

La Singla

We stayed in La Singla Hotel behind the pinewalk owned by globespan, this is a lovely friendly hotel. It is only a 2 star hotel, deserves to be more.

The staff were very friendly and the Manager is a lovely guy.

Great holiday.

KILLIAN MCCORMACK 19-06-2006 05:26

We rented an apartment beside La Singala and often popped in for lunch or a nitecap with the kids. Found the staff brilliant and the young manager was really great. They deserve to do well there, it should be a 3 star.

Debilicious 19-06-2006 16:27

I have to agree, we stopped off for a few drinks on way home, as we were in apts next to them, the bar maid was lovely Maria Antonia, chatted in spanish with boyfriend, helping him with pronounciation etc, late bar. really nice girl, invited us for drinks the following night, but we didnt make it, as was last night, We got chatting to a few residents there, who said the buffet breakfast, was second to none, for a 2 star, was very clean and modern, really nice, we were considering going there next time, but no kitchen facilities, but a reaaly nice hotel, very friendly also, with a nice clean terrace area, agree with previous, re- better than a 2 star, but in saying that, look at bahia, that also deserves to be higher...but hey, if it keeps the prices low...... !!!!!

debs

robjay 20-06-2006 03:28

Hi Slevinmarie, welcome to the forum.
I've stayed at La Singala and found it to be a very clean friendly place as Debz says it doesn't have a kitchen but breakfast is just as nice as other places I've stayed in. as for the Manager you may find that not only does he run La Singala but he also manages The Sis Pins (also owned by Globespan;) ) I found la Singala to be far better value for money than Sis Pins but nothing beats the terrace at the Sis Pins first thing in the morning and early evening!:lol
I for one hope to hear more about your visit to PP and La Singala.
Take care.

Robjay

Lala 21-06-2006 01:32

La Singala

Hi Guys - I agree totally with Robjay. We stayed in the Singala the first year that Globespan took it over and have been back a further twice. It is spotless and the maids are lovely and friendly as were the staff. It used to be staffed by students from Napier Uni in Ediburgh as part of their Tourism course but I believe that's all changed now. And you forgot to mention how handsome the manager is!! :o Nice little pool/ quiet sun terrrace too.

Ok doesn't have a kitchen but we found the minifridge fine for ham and cheese and used to sometimes make our own lunch which we had on the balcony (we stayed in room 209 from which you can see a peek of the sea through the buildings opposite.) Also not far to Laroc Pizzeria if you don't want to go all the way into town.

We have recently been going to the Sis Pins as it's more central but the walk along the Pine Walk from the Singala was always a highlight to the start of the evening.

Singala is one of PP's best kept secrets - SSHH!! ;)

belter52 21-06-2006 04:38

Re: La Singala

Couldn't agree more .... been staying at Singala at least once or twice a year since Globespan took it over and back again in August. The staff are fabulous, and the manager (Josep) is even better. Breakfast on the terrace , Daily Bulletin and plenty of black coffee to banish the wine demons from the night before is a very agreeable way to start the day. I'm always surprised talking to people that so few know of it's existence. Still, all the better for us that do !

Mick

slevinmarie 15-06-2007 20:24

Re: La Singala

Just back from Puerto Pollensa last week stayed at La Singala for the second year. This is a lovely hotel so clean and very very friendly, the Manager Josep is a lovely guy, he couldn't do enough for you, he makes your stay even better.

It is hard to go to Puerto Pollensa and not stay here, we love it and met returning clients there from Scotland again this year, this is a good sign.

easylife 16-06-2007 02:52

la singala

I would love to try a stay at this hotel or Sis Pins but I understand they can only be booked via Globespan - unfortunately for us although Globespan have started to fly from Liverpool/Manchester they don't do Palma yet. Hope they do someday soon

slevinmarie 16-06-2007 02:57

Re: la singala

We only book this hotel for accommodation through Globespan we book flights & airport transfers separate.

Lala70w 16-06-2007 03:52

It is quite possible to book just the accomodation via Globespan. This year we have a week in a villa then a few days in the Sis Pins which is owned by Globespan. I rang their Edinburgh office to book but you may also be able to do online. (You'll get their number there too - flyglobespan.com)

Portofan 16-06-2007 17:20

Shhhhhhh!

Quiet folks, it might get overrun!:eek

Is the gentleman Manuel, still around?

Porto