Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-01-2008, 20:21
millymol

Default apartments bahia pollensa ?????

hello members
i have asked before but does any members know any info about this apartments
the apartments bahia pollensa ( not bahia hostel )
there are no many reviews at all and the reviews there is are old or very mixed
are they far out from the centre
are they good for familys
what are the apartments like
what is the sunbeds like ( as in being able to get one )
is there entertment
one review said they are good then another said they are like faulty towers by the sea
please please please
any info would be good
thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 26-01-2008, 21:07

Default Apartments Bahia Pollensa

Hi Millymol,

I haven't been to these Apts. so can't comment but apart from the postings already on the forum, you could check out www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk - there is a huge list of opions. Some say excellent, a few maybe not so. On the whole they sound just fine but it all depends what your idea of a perfect place is - not everyone will love the same place. I can say you will love PP.
Old 30-01-2008, 16:40
millymol

Default Re: Apartments Bahia Pollensa

hello
thank you so much for your reply been on holidays uncovered thanks but alot of the reviews are old i will keep looking i am sure we will love pp
thank you
Old 30-01-2008, 18:55

Hello Millymol.

I know we have corresponded before.
This is just to let you know that they are still doing improvement work on the Bahia Pollensa Apartments!
As you know, they seemed to start as soon as the season ended last year and seem to be working very hard still.

This must be good news.
It looked a decent place before they started the improvements.

Frito
Old 31-01-2008, 01:19
Marsha

Hi we stayed there a couple of years back. Three of us in a studio. It was nice enough, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but I'd want a one bedroom apartment next time, perhaps overlooking the pool.

It is quite a hike from the main port area, about 20/30 minutes, but you can get a bus at the end of the road, they run frequently and cost about 1€. They stop running at 8:00 p.m., but it's really a pleasant flat stroll back and good for working off some of your dinner!!

The meals at the Bahia Pollensa were good value and there was a good menu.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32
millymol

hello
thank you for your replys
the building work still going on must be good i bet when we get there it will be like new
marsha with you saying the last bus back is at 8pm is it possible to get a taxi back only asking as we have small children also i know the walk is 20-30 mins is there a beach nearer to the apartments also is there anything else shops,bars,eating places near to the apartments
also i was a little worried as some reviews said the entertament and children games etc are by a lady would does it all towards the scandavins/not in english ( sorry not sure of the spelling) is this true as our children like to join in alot also nearly all the reviews ( holiday truths , holidays uncovered etc )
Old 02-02-2008, 06:37
millymol

all the reviews are old i didnt want to change but i was going to find a different family hotel i do like the look of these apartments what do members think ????
thank you for all your help/advice
Old 04-02-2008, 19:24
Marsha

Hi Millymol

The beach is a stones throw away, literally at the end of the road, and aside from the hotel restaurant which is pretty decent the Restaurant Llenaire is just round the corner and that's very nice too!!

How old are the kids? You can get a taxi back from the port and it shouldn't cost you much, but the walk's quite nice even for little legs! It's completely flat, you're walking along side the beach so there's the chance of a nice breeze and for the first part of the walk there's all the sand sculputures to look at.

The entertainer is Swedish, but her English is excellant and she doesn't just talk in her mother tongue. There's not a great deal of entertainment, and it was a bit hit and miss, but I wouldn't let that put you off!
Old 05-02-2008, 16:43
millymol

hello again marsha
thank you for your reply please dont get me wrong i have nothing against the swedish at all from how the reviews sounded you could not understand a word plus in the brochure it says there are also childrens clubs
sounds like a lovely place i will stick with it the children are one will be 18 months then two at 3 years, a 9 years old and a 13 years old
thank you for your help you have help me make up my mind
thank you
Old 07-02-2008, 18:08
Marsha

I hope you enjoy it! My daughter was 15 (just) when we went and she had a whale of a time, it's the only place we've been where there were quite a lot of similar aged children (young teens) so hopefully your 13 year old will enjoy it. There was a childrens club, but obviously we didn't use it for Hannah!

I know it's only common sense but watch the little ones in the pool, there is a kiddies pool, but the main pool shelves very steeply from 0 to 6 foot! Took my breath away, I'll tell you!
Old 13-02-2008, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by millymol View Post
hello members
i have asked before but does any members know any info about this apartments
the apartments bahia pollensa ( not bahia hostel )
there are no many reviews at all and the reviews there is are old or very mixed
are they far out from the centre
are they good for familys
what are the apartments like
what is the sunbeds like ( as in being able to get one )
is there entertment
one review said they are good then another said they are like faulty towers by the sea
please please please
any info would be good
thank you
Hi,
I have stayed at Apartments Bahia Pollensa many times over the years. We have stayed there form the children were young until they now are grown up and teenagers. They still wish to go back. The center of Puerto Pollensa is 2km away, but the beach is just a minutes walk away. You can walk along the beachfront to center or take a bus. We used to rent bicycles.
The apartments are one living room with a tiny kitchen and a good sized bedroom and a nice bathroom. The pools are sometimes crowded butr mostly you can swim, play and have fun. We have never had trouble with sun chairs, but we never qued up at seven to make sure we got one. There were alwys sunchairs free during the day. We have been back at least 6 or 7 times and can recommend this hotel.
Old 26-02-2008, 19:57

hello all members
first sorry to just get back to you i have been trying to get on here did not know i had to re-register again
i thank you all for youir help/advice i will been careful of the swimming thanks for mentioning that as i myself dont like the deep end also thank you teir it must be nice for your family to keep returning i have no need to worry now thank you when you save hard for something you just want to get it right dont you
all you help is very much appreciated
Old 26-04-2008, 19:44

Hi, I'm really pleased I found this site! I am looking to go here next year. The brochure doesn't say anything about any improvements being done. I wobder what they are doing? Does anyone know- that would be helpful to me, thanks!
Also, we have been to the resort just once on a trip (lovely), and I can see on the map that this hotel is a half an hour walk to the marina/centre. How long would it take to get walk all the way, alomg the pine walk end? - this was lovely.
I have three children, and so have struggled to find an other accomodation that would fit in 2 adults and 3 children.
Also (sorry for all the questions), not sure whether to book the half board- can anyone tell me really what the food is like - I have read mixed on the trip advisor site. Many thanks!
Old 26-04-2008, 22:28

Default Bahia Pollensa Apartments

They have been working on the Bahia Pollensa Aparthotel since the day after they closed last season!
All sorts of trades have been working on the building, which was a decent place to start with.
They opened a week or so ago, and before they opened there were deliveries of new furniture and new carpets had obviously been fitted.

I can't comment on the food, but people I talked to last year seemed to be enjoying their holiday.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

Frito