Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2007, 19:55
prettytravelled

Default Help!! Zeus or Sangrilla

Just thinking of booking for 2008. Can anyone help with either of these areas and which is best for teenagers. or is there somewhere else we should be looking. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2007, 05:39

Really depends what you want ....... personally I would say if you have small kids go for Sangrilla and if you have kids over 10 go for Bellresguard

Why ?

For several years whilst our children were pre school age we stayed in Sangrilla ......... but that was when we could go outside school hols and before they built the 2 new blocks

Sangrilla is great for young families and really good if you want somewhere where the pool will always have lots of kids playing in it ......... so loads of chums for your little ones ..... they also have no issue with people using inflatables in the pool. However, it does get quite busy in the summer, there is 1 pool for what must now be about 40 to 50 apartments ...... I would say that during the school hols you would struggle to actually swim in the swimming pool between mid morning and mid afternoon.

For the last 7 years we have preferred to stay in the other Bellresguard buildings ( have probably stayed in most of them ......... the newer ones at the back are obviously the nicest but are also more expensive ) .

The other Bellresguard buildings are bigger, all have at least 2 bathrooms, which is essential when you have teenage or even tweenage girls, parents and grandparents all sharing an apartment. The apartments are bigger, the bedrooms are bigger. The pools are much quieter, usually 1 pool between about 20 apartments at the most. Even in the height of school hols you will often find you are the only family using the pool for quite a lot of the time you are there.

But, most of the communities have a no inflatables or balls rule in the pools. This is observed on a bit of a hit and miss basis, we have seen them used on occasions but the norm is to not use them. ....... now we have never worried about this, ours are keen swimmers and like to use the pool to swim in and the sea to lark around in. ....... However, I am telling you this because on more than 1 occasion we have met people who have been really hacked off about this rule ..... so if you feel this would bother you , then perhaps they are not for you .

I think they are a fantastic place to stay ...... they are of a good standard, they are quiet, I have never met anything other than charming people of all nationalities when we have stayed there and the location is fab.

2 minute walk to the wonderful pine walk, the I'lla d'or for a morning coffee ........... that fantastic walk along the pinewalk into town and the wonderful stroll home marvelling at how many more starts they have in their sky !

I am sure you will have a great time
Old 25-06-2007, 04:59
yelselseivad

Default We're just back from Baco which shares Zeus pool

We were supposed to be staying in Zeus but at the last minute our booking was cancelled by the owners so we stayed in Baco instead. They share the same pool - there were 18 apartments sharing it and in the first week there were only 3 occupied so my 4 kids had the run of the pool themselves for most of the week. The second week it was busier with older couples so they had to restrain themselves a bit but just went swimming when there was no one else in it. There were inflatables there when we arrived but one day one of the guests threw them all over to the side (We presumed he owned his apt and was making a point). There weren't a lot of sun loungers at the pool and we had a 1st floor apt. Those at ground floor had gardens so they sunbathed there. The apt was huge - the Zeus one were were supposed to be in looked as if it was furnished to a higher spec but sizewise we couldn't complain. Location is great, new supermarket open in Bellresguard which was really well stocked for a small one - I'm used to Voramar as we used to stay nearer the centre but we only used it a couple of times this one was fine with rolls etc freshly baked. We didn't notice the walk into the centre as it was along the Pine Walk and was really enjoyable. Only took about 12 minutes to Marina. My boys were 16 14 11 & 8 and enjoyed themselves. Went to Waterpark and it was deserted couldn't believe how few people were there. It was early June though but usually is much busier.