Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 22:47
MrRed99

Default Daina and Hobby Club

Has anyone stayed recently in the above, we are going to the hobby club beginning aug and my mother in law is going to Daina beg of July...

I read somewhere that if you call the hobby club a couple days before you can ask for a specific room?? anyone done this and if so what's a good room (we have paid for a pool view?)

Many thanks
Richard
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2007, 14:20
hobby67

Default hobby club

Hi MrRed99,

Stayed at the hobby club several times and always found the staff friendly, rooms clean and location great. Especially for taking children to the beach (5 mins walk).

We have requested a particular room in the past and got it. I actually prefer the rooms on the second/third floors that look onto the main road. The noise for me is not a problem and the views over the bay and along the prom to PP are just fantastic.

About a good 20 minute walk to the Daina albeit a pleasant one.
Old 08-06-2007, 18:25
MrRed99

Many thanks.......when you have called the hobby club how long before you went and how did you request the room? Do you have a good room number or did you just ask for 2-3rd floor? Many thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 20:19
hobby67

Default daina and hobby club

My wife emailed the Pollensa Park, which in 2005 owned the hobby club to request room we had seen from a previous visit. This was about six weeks prior to hols.

I've since found out from the lady at reception that this is a common request, guests regularly book each year and ask for the same room. I believe they try to help out where they can.
I cant remember our exact room number but the complex have only six rooms covering 1st/2nd/3rd floors that look directly onto beach/prom/road. 3rd floor for me.....
Old 16-06-2007, 19:34
mags

Returned from Hobby Club 3 weeks ago after our first visit to Puerto Pollensa. We had a ground floor apartment overlooking the pool at the side but we could also sit on our balcony and overlook the sea. Room very clean. Place very quiet with no disturbance at night. End of May not too crowded around the pool with not that many children staying at that time. About a twenty minute pleasant walk along the promendade into town. Bus service right near the Hobby Apartments to get either into town or the other way to Alcudia. Would visit again without hesitation.
Old 22-06-2007, 03:56
Dune

Hello,

First post from me!

Trying to decide between the Hobby Club and Flora apts. My wife would prefer some sort of sea view which the Flora does not offer but the HC seems a bit of a walk to the centre.

This is an issue for the youngest who for various reasons has not got the greatest stamina for a long walk.

Is it a must to head into town from the HC for a good night as regards restaurants and so on?

I am basically trying to determine if being based at the HC we are going to regret the walk and need to do it every night given one of our party is not as physically able as the rest.

Is it worth the walk staying at the HC is the central question I suppose.

Grateful for any feedback.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 22-06-2007, 13:21

This is worth a look

www.puertopollensa.com/Sp...t1/?loc=11

www.puertopollensa.com/Sp...l1/?loc=11

www.puertopollensa.com/Sp...ie/?loc=11

www.puertopollensa.com/Sp...53/?loc=12 This is great place have stayed here.
Old 25-06-2007, 05:09
yelselseivad

Default flora

Flora would be much more central and there would be a number of restaurants across the road. The Hobby Club are a bit further out of town. It's a matter of personal choice really - sea view v. less walking. Beach at Hobby Club end is man made so there are more sun beds etc.
Old 26-06-2007, 02:09
mags

Default Re: flora

We recently stay at the Hobby apartments. The pros are that you are only yards across from the beach and most of the apartments have a pool and seaview. The cons are that it is a 20 minute walk into the main part of town. There is a Spar shop immediately next to the Hobby but we found the stuff in there to be dearer than in town. You've really got to walk two thirds of the way into town along the promenade to start to find places to eat at night and this is where it is all going on. However, buses are very frequent and cheap so you could do one way or both on the bus. All of the bigger shops and supermarkets are in the town end. We are going back to the Hobby again because overall it was more peaceful at that end.