Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 17:07
mark1875

Default Alexia Apartments in Siller

We are coming back to PP in August with the kids and my folks. When we were over in May, we asked Globespan for a wee look at the 2 bedder Alexia Apartment. In our rush round we didn't notice a couple of things? We thought maybe someone had stayed and could help us out as sadly the Globespan contact in Pollensa doesn't seem to answer emails?

The website mentions a BBQ, I never noticed one when looking at the pool area, and cannae see one in the photos we took? Is there such a thing?

There is a TV in the lounge. Now I never watch TV when away, but my kids plug their mini playstation in and watch DVD's and play games whilst waiting on us adults. I didnt notice of its a scart connection or the red/yellow/which cable connection that is commonly used in TV's in Spain?

Finally and daft as it sounds, in these days of expensive excess baggage costs, does the place have a hairdryer and iron? I did see an Ironing Board in a cupboard?

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 16:28

Hi Mark,

We stayed there for a week September 2005. Our apartment was comfortable and clean and it's a nice quiet part of PP (nice pool area to relax by.) Cleaning lady/ caretaker is v friendly. I would defo recommend.

We had a top floor side apartment - it felt very private, was peaceful (we have no kids) and cool with through breeze from 2 sets of patio doors leading to the balcony (I would bags that bedroom before your folks!) Friends usually take a middle floor apartment which overlooks the pool as they have a wee girl (also nice to sit and look over in the evening.) You can expect that there will be families there with kids for yours to make friends with.

Unfortunately, we didn't use any of the things you ask about so I never paid much attention but our friends go to the Alexia every year (now there is a good recommendation for you) and I will ask them.

Lala
Old 03-06-2007, 18:21
mark1875

Brilliant lala, I would appreciate it. I have offered that nice bedroom to my mum and dad as my dad loves sitting on the balcony sipping a nip, may change my mind now!

We actually went up and met the lady who runs the Alexia, she was very nice. We had a look around one of the first floor apartments, I have to say I fancied a pool view and have written to Globespan requesting it, with no reply yet. The area was very quiet, but its only ten minutes walk into town and even better its five minutes to Caprabo!

If you do chat to your friends that would be great. Nice to know the lads may make some friends. It always improves the holiday!

Cannae wait to be honest!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:00

Ok Mark,

The official report follows:

BBQ - yes down by the pool for all to use
Iron - yes in apartment
Hairdryer - no
TV - has yellow/ red cable but no scart lead or DVD

All rooms now have air con. Pool rooms have lovely views to mountains. Caretaker lady's name is Malena. She is very helpful/ friendly/ accessible. Apartment is well equipped but if there is something else you need Malena will try to get it for you.

Friends sum up as "small and friendly". They will be there before you - try not to be jealous!

Have a brill time!

Lala
Old 05-06-2007, 01:13
mark1875

Brilliant! Much appreciated! Whilst your friends will be there before me, I will still have mine to look forward too when they get back!:rollin

Looks like the hairdryer is the only bulky item we need and Mrs Mark and Mum Mark can share!

Hope for a pool view apartment but as I said my request has not been replied to by Globespans contact in Pollensa. Malena, we have met and she did seem nice.

Thanks!
Old 13-07-2007, 17:03

Hi Mark - we are back - BOO! Made worse by leaving our friends in the Alexia.

The apartments were still looking good - comfy, clean and quiet. Some refubishments noticed like new bathroom windows and improved security to the front door.

Unlike the Sis Pins there were plenty of sunbeds - none of these old codgers getting up at dawn to reserve beds with beach towels - just nice NORMAL people!

Sure you will have fun. Not jealous honest :rolleyes >:

lala
Old 14-07-2007, 17:20
mark1875

Thanks Lala, 26 days and counting! Actually have now got two apartments booked! Friends, who orginate from Englandshire, live in Perth, Australia and work in Africa are joining us.

Cannae wait TBH!
Old 14-07-2007, 17:43

Hi Lala and Mark!

Interested to read the updates on Alexia. We were in there once about three or four years ago. Very handy for Cabrabo, have to be careful you don't drop the bottles all over the new road on the way back!

Porto

PS Englandshire? Not heard that name before!!:lol
Old 14-07-2007, 18:14

Well Porto - there's traffic lights/ pedestrian crossing now on the new Formentor Road so you have time to lick the pavement if you drop the bottles!
Old 15-07-2007, 15:50
mark1875

I find the splinters from the broken bottles sting your tongue. I am sticking to Don Simon Cartons this year:rollin

I will do a heads up on the Alexia on my return in late August.

One last daft question, does the apartment have a microwave or a washing machine, again, I never noticed when we viewed it!
Old 15-07-2007, 18:26

Ah the cartons are great as it's easier to dispose of the evidence of how many you have had. Bottles are a little trickier!

Fairly certain that there was a microwave :rolleyes but defo no washing machine.

Lala
Old 27-07-2007, 07:01
jpelf

Hi Mark, Lala

Thanks for the posts.

We're off to Alexia soon (this weekend) and are pleased to see, from your discussions, that it looks like just the place we are looking for. Need to get away from this British 'summer' weather.....
Old 27-07-2007, 16:07

Enjoy Jpelf

Think Mark is there right now - lucky so and so!
Old 28-07-2007, 18:24
mark1875

Nope, I arrive on August 9, still counting the days! Jpelf, if your back before I go, a wee heads up would be appreciated!
Old 28-07-2007, 18:33

For some reason thought you said that you were going on 26th Mark! Oh well - not long now.