Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 17:21
pauline1402

Default use of pool nearby

Hi and happy new year !!
We have never been to pollensa but are looking to rent an apartment near the seafront in September. The only problem we have is that the apartment doesn't have a pool. The apartment is called La Gola. Does anyone know how easy it is to use other pools in the area. Our other option is to go for an apartment with a communal pool so any recommendations would be appreciated. We are a party of 4 adults and 1 child and would love to stay near the pinewalk. We would love a villa but are finding it hard to find one that is close enough to town so that we dont have to hire a car.....can anyone help !!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2007, 20:34

Hi Pauline

If you are to stay in an apartment called La Gola , I think it may be near La Gola Beach which is not the pine walk ...... it may be an idea to check with the owners.

Options for pools are varied .... the public pool is about a 10/ 15min walk from the seafront , through the square and looks really nice

Another optionis the pool at Bonanca ..... you can go for a lunchtime snack and use the pool all afternoon. Bonanca is behind the Pine Walk, at the Ila D'or end

If you decide you do want to stay that tis end there are many apartments advertised on this site, with and without pools ......... it may be worth you taking a look before you commit

We are like you, we love the idea of a villa but want to be within walking distance of the centre of PP and near to the pinewalk so we always go for an apartment with pool.

Happy hunting, I am sure wherever you choose you will have a great time
Old 03-01-2007, 04:47

Hi Pauline...
I think that the "La Gola apartment "you are referring to is towards the Pinaret area and not the pinewalk.(does it have a circular window in the front?) It is not far from Tolos restaurant and opposite the beach.We stay very near and friends regularly use the pool and restaurant facilities of the Villa Concha complex which is about 10 mins walk from la Gola. it is also near enough to walk into the square atc and the pinewalk.
Have just remembered there is also another apartment a little further down on the front called la Gola...4th floor above L'Oliveras/Can Picoteo.Again opposite the beach but nearer towards the shops and resuarants.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:30
pauline1402

Hi many thanks for the info, I'm going to try to find out the address of La Gola but I think it is the one you are talking about with the circular window. From the pics I've seen the marina is to the right as you stand on the terrace, so you are right, it's not on the pinewalk. It does look really nice though. I contacted the owner today and they have said that there is a public swimming pool nearby but I dont know where it is. Does anyone know?? We are also considering the Bellesreguard complex (dont know if I've spelt that right !!) They look really nice and close to the pinewalk. If anyone knows which street they are on that would be great as google earth has some great pics.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21
Founder

Also have a look at our maps on www.puertopollensa.com/maps.html The Belresguard is shown on grid ref J1 . There is a road called La Gola in F8 & you will see the canal called 'La Gola' just South of that road.
Old 03-01-2007, 18:39

Pauline

Bellresguard is a great choice ......... especially if you are lucky enough to still be able to go in September ......... weather still great but not overpowering and prices dramatically lower than August ..... just mentally reminding myself that we only have another 5 years before we are released from the bind of having to come during school holidays

You will find a great choice of Bellresguard villas and appartments on this website , either under private owners or via SOL or Riusech ....... In my experience both of the latter are very reliable as are all the private owners I have ever used.

I have stayed in many of the blocks so if you find one and want a heads up ...... just send me a message to my ezinbox and I will let you know what I think

Good luck
Old 03-01-2007, 21:32
Founder

For private apartments - search in Pine Walk area here puertopollensa.com/Spain/Majorca/Pollensa/Puerto-Pollensa/Pine-Walk-Area/rentals/?b=6 Most apts in Belresguard state that they are in their description or name blocks such as Sangrila, Circe etc.

Apartments in the Boquer area which is nearer to the centre tend to be cheaper and are in quiet residential streets as opposed to the Belresguard which is a separate estate with pools, gardens etc. so it depends on which you prefer & of course your budget. Anything in this area will be in walking distance of the Pine Walk beach.
Old 07-01-2007, 19:41
Debilicious

Hi Pauline,

A good choice that is just in front of the Bellsreguard ( spelt wrong ) would be the Pollensamar, we stayed there last year, and loved it, everything was ideal, the pool (that was hardly used, and had most days to ourselves) the walk along pine walk, (about 10 mins to square), the apartments themselves are lovely, as is the large balcony, with a teasing glimpse of the sea, with plants and flowers growing from the balconies, all of which are overlooking the pool. i would thoroughly recommend this place, as sounds exactly what your looking for, and is a lot cheaper that the bellesreguard. I will look for the link, then post again.

Deb
Old 07-01-2007, 23:02
Debilicious

www.hoposa.es/pagingles/a...samari.htm

although book elsewhere, as that would be a lot cheaper, we paid less than half of what others had paid there, we got an amazing bargain, by booking seperately, as we were coming from Holland, so did flights seperatly. try this link

www.lowcostbeds.com/Stati...ments.html