Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Aparthotel (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/265-aparthotel.html)

PollensaVirgin 21-08-2007 17:01

Aparthotel

Went to Puerto Pollensa for the first time last year and really enhoyed it. This year we went to Cala D'or on the recommendation of one of our friends. We hated it!! too many Ranch/steak houses, go karts and slopt machines.

So next year we are going back to PP (even the children missed playing in the square at night). Lats year we stayed at the Duva Aparthotel - we would like something similar but closer to the square and beaches. Preferably something we couold book independantly of a travel agent.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Lala70w 21-08-2007 17:02

We also did Cala D'Or - one September. It was nice enough for an out of season break. Very quiet and we found some nice Spanish eateries/ the beaches are pretty. I would consider going back but the pull of PP is too great!

Check out the Ora Playa in PP - nearer the town than Duva and may have the mix you are looking for.

Lala :)

snowy2007 21-08-2007 17:18

Look at Villa Concha or apartments near by close to south beach and 10 walk into town.

allanglens 21-08-2007 18:02

Depending how old the children are I would have a look at the Flora Aparthotel. Good location, pleasant rooms and public areas, and not too busy.

If the kids are older (say 9 upwards) the Flora might be too quite, and the Ora Playa is a good bet. Or the Azul.

HTH

allanglens

PollensaVirgin 21-08-2007 19:03

Thanks a lot every one- The children would like a small amount of entertainment round the pool during the day (when we don't venture to Cala san Vicente) and possible some in the evening as well when we return from gorging ourselves on the Square. Do your recommendations have all this? (children are 12 & 6)
Thank you very much again!
PP is the best resort on the island (Sssh! don't tell anyone!)

snowy2007 21-08-2007 20:35

Villa Concha has it.

www.hoposa.es/pagingles/a...onchai.htm

also I think Thomas Cook do it.

CathB 22-08-2007 03:59

I would also say Villa Concha - my daughter was 11/12 when we stayed there.good pool/entertianment if required.near to beach and not too far to walk to the square etc at night.Also a quiet area.

darrineb 26-08-2007 18:50

Aparthotel

Oro Playa apartments are very child friendly/orientated. Stayed there for first time this August and was very happy with accommodation (despite some dodgy reviews in the past!). Very close to the beach and just minutes away from everything else - but still seems quieter than those slap bang in the middle of the resort. Can definitely recommend it!