Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Bar Cultural accommodation (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/255-bar-cultural-accommodation.html)

Coral65 07-09-2007 03:45

Bar Cultural accommodation

Just back today from another great visit to PP. Was on the lookout for a place my son could stay with a friend and noticed that the Bar Cultural has accommodation above it and wondered if anyone had stayed there or knew anything about it?

pollensa 07-09-2007 04:48

I think it may be the Hostal Borras but we have no info for it.

There are other small hotels/hostals here www.puertopollensa.com/hotels.html#featuredpto

JH02JLH 07-09-2007 17:20

I know that Portofan has stayed there - some time ago.

I'll drop him a line and direct him to your post!

Jane:D

Cocoa07 07-09-2007 20:01

We stayed there a couple of times - but it has been bought by the owners of the the Cultural Bar since then. When we stayed it was ideal for us. Basic but very clean and comfortable. Great for people watching - sitting on the balcony at night watching the square. It was very reasonable and breakfast was included - but again basic.
Only comment is that it is a little noisy on market day morning as they start to set up very early!

Portofan and I did have a chat about this on the forum but I can't remember when - it was a couple of years ago.

Portofan 07-09-2007 23:08

Hi folks!

Indeed, did reside there for two weeks, autumn, five years ago.

Booked at relatively short notice and not a lot available, Globespan did it in those days, the one flight a week on Saturday night.

As Cocoa said it was basic, clean enough, noisy, and how, and breakfast in those days was in a little terrace next door. Makassar has been built there now.

Well remember sitting on the double balcony at the top right, looking at it from the square. we'd been given a room with balcony facing the school and Chivas and nearly cracked up the first night with the noise so we got a change, to the best room in the place. At all hours and specially in the evening it felt like royalty looking down on all the loyal subjects and of course to get the bird's eye view of the Bar Cultural goings on, nowhere like it!:eek

Manolo, who owns Bar Cultural bought it in 2004 and out of curiosity one day got a price list from him. Breakfast I'd suppose is not included but if it is would be in Bar Cultural.

For your son Coral, I'd say probably ok, if you're talking teens/early twenties, certainly central for all the action!!:lol

Tel 971 866 447

Porto:rollin

PS In those days and probably now lots of Germans, like cyclist types.