Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-2005, 01:36
Kiboko

Default Siller

Hello, (first time user and prospective visitor to PP!)

One quick question - Is Siller really a 10-15 min walk from all the shops, bars rstaurants etc or is this "travel agent speak" or aimed at people who are exceptionally quick walkers. Any help appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 16-11-2005, 01:37
joey36

Default siller

yes. it is about 10-15 minutes walk.
Old 16-11-2005, 03:13

Or even less!
Old 16-11-2005, 07:18
med777

try this link:

www.puertopollensa.com/maps/central.html
Old 16-11-2005, 21:39
robjay

Welcome to the forum Kiboko. I hope you have been helped but the other members answers. Maybe they can tell you how long it takes on the return journey after a good night in the square:lol .
I know what You mean about Travel brochure speak, I say a brochure describe a property as being on the outskirts of the old town of Icemeler (Turkey) and not far from the beach. What it didn't tell you was the resort of Icemeler was not connected to the old town and not far was a infrequent bus ride or face a long walk in the baking heat with no shade. In that case I had a lot of local knowledge and knew where this place was.
Hope to hear more from you soon.

Rob
Old 16-11-2005, 22:03
Snowy

Siller would help if you told name of appartrments or hotel you are interested in. you could look at.

www.puertopollensa.com/ma...llenca.pdf

Also

www.viamichelin.com/viami...&x=16&y=10
Old 17-11-2005, 05:22
tresspass5

we stayed in the siller area in a villa last october,it was quite hard to find,especially in the dark,as part of the area is quite countryfied,it was fine in daylight,but you need torch after dark,the wonderful thing was waking up in the morning with the mountains as a backdrop,saying that it is very close to town as well,best of both worlds.
tresspass 5
Old 30-03-2009, 16:28

Default Apartment in Siller

Hi Folks,

I have been reading old posts trying to get info on the Siller area - I know there are country villas in this area!? but is there a built up residential area also?
I have found a nice Apartment only advertised as "Penthouse Apartment Siller"
Looks great, roof terrace with great views of the mountains......but is it miles from anywhere? We have always went to the Pinewalk end but because it is so beautiful we hardly ever leave it......would like to discover more of the resort this time!!
Any info on the area would be much appreciated!

Last edited by favie; 30-03-2009 at 18:03.
Old 31-03-2009, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post
Hi Folks,

I have been reading old posts trying to get info on the Siller area - I know there are country villas in this area!? but is there a built up residential area also?
I have found a nice Apartment only advertised as "Penthouse Apartment Siller"
Looks great, roof terrace with great views of the mountains......but is it miles from anywhere? We have always went to the Pinewalk end but because it is so beautiful we hardly ever leave it......would like to discover more of the resort this time!!
Any info on the area would be much appreciated!
I would write to the owner and ask for an address, Parts of Siller are a 2 minute walk from Eroski, other parts are up on the way to the Habitat Roundabout and add 10 minutes or so to the walk.
Old 31-03-2009, 16:22
Founder

If it's this one with Villa Parade Penthouse Apartment Siller - Puerto Pollenca - you can see its location on a map. See 'view villa on map' listed down the left.
Old 31-03-2009, 16:27

Favies m8 the jacuzzi looks great! Great location, not much of a walk into the port.
Old 31-03-2009, 18:32

Thanks Mark and Sws,

Yes Sws.....I must admit the jacuzzi/hot tub was a big attraction....thought I could still sit in there with a glass of bubbly, with the umbrella over it even if we do get rain like last May!!

Mark I did ask for the address but they said they give it to you when the free hire car is picked up!!?? They assured me it wasn't near the Habitat as am I right in thinking they are a bit far out!!??

Thanks again chaps
Old 31-03-2009, 18:45
Founder

Favie,

if you look at the location map that I pointed out above you will see that they're not as far out as the Habitat. When you first arrive at PP, if you take the bypass from the roundabout with the seaplane & Eroski (was Caprabo) on the corner, you will see that part of Siller on your left - so basically you can only be about 5-10 mins walk from the big Eroski. You can easily cross the bypass as it isn't very busy.

I'm surprised they can't give the address as they've given you a location map on their website!
Old 31-03-2009, 19:02

Pollensa,

Sorry I missed your first post......thank you very much. I am not very familiar with that area at all - my main concern was that it was too far out for us after been used to been so central!! Also I feared it was too near the by-pass ......so thanks for reassuring me that it isn't very busy.

Great help again!!

Cheers
Favie
Old 31-03-2009, 19:08

Don't worry favies it wont be too far for you to crawl back in the evenings, the thought of sitting in the jacuzzi drinking wine is very appealing, when are you thinking of going?