Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree36Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Hanser
  • 2 Post By Miller
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 8 Post By Tommo
  • 4 Post By hoopy
  • 5 Post By Rockape
  • 9 Post By Miller
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Sunshinedrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2019, 23:52
Super Moderator

Default Cabot Pollensa Park Spa Hotel.

It seems that the hotel has reverted back under the Cabot umbrella, this has been posted on FB :-

Quote:
Just 2 months to go before the opening of Cabot Pollensa Park Spa!
For Cabot Hotels, it’s an honour this season to reincorporate into our group one of the best known hotels in Port de Pollença, after 5 years of external management. Determined to make it the flagship of Cabot, we are perfecting the hotel and its rooms, while also implementing our new brand image: on March 8th you can see how it’s turned out!

Fully aware of the magnificent work they’ve done in recent years, at Cabot Hotels we will be keeping the wonderful staff that’s been working at the hotel in recent years, so that you'll still feel at home when you visit us, with just a few minor changes… Do you like how the new #ThinkInYellow rooms have turned out at the Cabot Pollensa Park Spa?
Tommo likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:24

I believe it will be all inclusive this year.

I think though that from this year you cannot help yourself to food or drink and this has to be served by a waiter.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post

I think though that from this year you cannot help yourself to food or drink and this has to be served by a waiter.
I don't know about that but it has had an all inclusive option for a few years now .
Tommo likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post

or 'Full Board for Alcoholics' as it should be called.
car77 likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:58

I heard this was going to happen during our visit to Porto Pollensa last September. I hope that the all inclusive operation does not effect the nearby bars etc. too much such as Sparrows, Golden Lion etc. as they all appeared to suffer over the last few years due to lack of support by the large number of the Park's clients. It is these smaller operations that provide an area's ambiance not large hotels. Let Alcudia keep them.
Tommo and copper like this.
Old 10-01-2019, 14:13
Super Moderator

I have just looked at the official website and you can choose B&B, HB or AI .
lollipop likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 16:42

I just looked at the web site and for a week in August in a sea view double room for two people it costs 1480euros inc breakfast and for AI its 1612euros. So for 132euros you can eat and drink all you like for two people, lunch, dinner, beer, wine etc. Sounds unreal value for money!
Tommo likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 17:56

After holidaying in the port for nearly thirty years we are going to be staying at the Pol Park. We booked the hotel for two reasons, firstly I have been diagnosed with Asbestosis and Pulmonary fibrosis and thought that a hotel would be a great place to relax. Secondly, and not least it's our 45th wedding anniversary in March.
I can also safely say that although we have opted for all inclusive we will frequent the local bars and restaurants. We used to go to the Sparrow bar when it was the Garrio.Other local bars restaurants we enjoyed were Ikibana, Golden lion, Sol Y Mar and for those with a long memory The Jolly Sailor. Although im fairly restricted in my walking abilities I will, as I say do my best to support the local businesses.
BTW Hanser I /We are not alcoholics Thank you.
pollensa, debz1, Sparky and 5 others like this.
Old 10-01-2019, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I heard this was going to happen during our visit to Porto Pollensa last September. I hope that the all inclusive operation does not effect the nearby bars etc. too much such as Sparrows, Golden Lion etc. as they all appeared to suffer over the last few years due to lack of support by the large number of the Park's clients. It is these smaller operations that provide an area's ambiance not large hotels. Let Alcudia keep them.
It could be argued that these local operations fed off of the success of the Pollensa Park not the other way around.
pollensa, Sparky, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 11-01-2019, 13:50

Ive said this before, but will say that AI is completely wrong for PP, as is even half board. The huge hotels in places like Turkey, Dominican Rep & Mexico are perfect for it as they are resorts in there own right. I've done about 8 family holidays over the years at these resorts and never once saw anyone visibly drunk.

However, for that sort of money which is just 66 euros per person, you can totally relax all week when ordering snacks, drinks lunch etc and still go out every evening, knowing you're not wasting money. (a good way of saving money though if the budget is tight)
debz1, Janet, car77 and 2 others like this.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:49

The Golden Lion has been in situ for a lot longer than the Park. If you visit ask the owners to show you the photos from the past when there are no buildings between there and the beach, except for the Romantic on the coast road. I agree that the smaller bars etc. fed off the Park's clients but I have noticed over the years since introduction of A. I. that they have not been as busy. I do not blame the A.I. clients as they have paid for what they want already. They are just missing out on the true Porto Pollensa.
debz1, joey36, Brooksy and 6 others like this.
Old 28-02-2020, 11:09
Super Moderator

The hotel opens for the season today .
El Gordo likes this.
Old 29-10-2022, 09:50

The hotel closes this Monday 31st October. Spent the last 10 days here and it’s been fantastic. The hotel is an mixture of BnB, HB and AI and you get a wristband dependent on what board you have. It’s sad to see over the last few days everything starting to be put away, not just in the hotel but around the port to. ��
Sharonh likes this.