Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By 1999
  • 7 Post By pollensafan
  • 3 Post By copper
  • 1 Post By Luckjon
  • 2 Post By KWUK2
  • 1 Post By 1999
  • 2 Post By Bean Counter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-2017, 08:49

Default Private Apartment Short Term Contracts.

Can anyone please offer some advice ?.
I have been looking to rent a private apartment in Puerto Pollensa next year for 2 weeks.
The advert confirms that on arrival I will have to sign a contract to cover me and the owners with regard to this Minorca ruling. !!!
The let is a short term ordinary rental under the Spanish Tenancy Act 1994 (LAU).
The apartment is definitely in PP.
Can anyone confirm if this is a normal / legal requirement as a result of the new licencing laws.
Regards. 1999.
annascotland likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-09-2017, 10:13

HI, I can't answer your question , but I can't help but feel sad over the fact you should even have to ask such a thing concerning trying to book a simple holiday in PP.

To all long term PP aholics, who, back in the day ever thought that it would come to this.

Yet the low people in high places have somehow convinced themselves that it will not affect the tourist trade.

I thought Franco's era had long since passed. It would appear not
favie, joey36, Lorenzo and 4 others like this.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:41

I think my eyes have revolved trying to understand all the new legislation recently but i dont think this contract will be legal BUT I am sure lots of people will be renting apartments there next year which wont be legal and if someone is renting at places they have stayed before they are going to be ** Friends and Family **

If the advert was on one of the big sites AirBnb HomenAway they may be caught out before your holiday and closed down It is still very uncertain and if it is in a private pooled block where you arent supposed to rent according to your community this could become difficult also

I personally blame this all on AirBnB who have expanded this market so much even putting tents on the beach somewhere and renting them !! I have mentioned this before a friend trying to rent private appartment in Dubrovnik was told yes but share my mothers kitchen and another share bathroom with other flat ! They are often homes of multiple occupancy not your simple self contained holiday apartment which has meant the occupants have jumped up to silly levels and added fuel to the Hoteliers gripes ! My opinion only !
favie, annascotland and Tommo like this.
Old 29-09-2017, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 View Post
Can anyone please offer some advice ?.
I have been looking to rent a private apartment in Puerto Pollensa next year for 2 weeks.
The advert confirms that on arrival I will have to sign a contract to cover me and the owners with regard to this Minorca ruling. !!!
The let is a short term ordinary rental under the Spanish Tenancy Act 1994 (LAU).
The apartment is definitely in PP.
Can anyone confirm if this is a normal / legal requirement as a result of the new licencing laws.
Regards. 1999.
I am no expert but have read up a lot on this topic. Any rental of a private apartment for less than 30 days period is considered a 'touristic' letting and is therefore illegal. Owners are trying to find ways to protect themselves - I have seen one example where someone staying for 14 days was required to sign a 31 day contract. The legislation applies to the owner of the property, agencies and the big international companies. You won't get 'banged up' in a Spanish prison for coming on holiday to P.P. (well not yet anyway).
annascotland likes this.
Old 29-09-2017, 21:53

Regarding your words of "I will have to sign a contract to cover me and the owners" -

It would be interesting to see the exact wording of that contract.

It could just be economic with the truth and say 31 days. But "cover the owners" could be interpreted as you have to pay the up to 40,000 euros if they are found guilty.

The whole situation is another "mess up".
annascotland and Tommo like this.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:53

Many thanks for the comments........I guess the message is " don't sign anything you do not understand".....
It would be interesting to understand whether these contracts are of "standard form" and what language they are in. ??
annascotland likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 View Post
Many thanks for the comments........I guess the message is " don't sign anything you do not understand".....
It would be interesting to understand whether these contracts are of "standard form" and what language they are in. ??
And certainly don't wait until you arrive for first sight of the contract! Make sure they send you a copy well in advance. Good luck!
annascotland and Tommo like this.