Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By dunnel
  • 1 Post By pips
  • 4 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2017, 19:32

Default Please beware of bogus private rentals.

Hi all, I thought I had secured a fabulous possibly well vacated apartment, via a popular renting site, and almost paid in full, as my request was within the usual 6 week full payment schedule. Lets call this apartment Shangrila.

In between finding what I thought was the dream apartment -Shangrila - I'd previously searched on Marfran for a similar apartment and sent an email to them outlining my accommodation request.

Anyway, a few hours before I was about to send money to Shangrila's seemingly honest rent collector, I receive an obviously bogus email offering me the fabulous penthouse apartment above Shangrila, pertaining to be from Marfran.

Now a Hotmail account, accompanied by rather alarming images of the Hotmail account holder, offering better than Shangrila at a ridiculous price suggested quite quickly that I am rather dumber than I seem and thank goodness I didn't send any money, to anyone.

Please be careful when you rent apartments. The renting sites are not able to deal with bogus landlords as they are too big (the sites, not the landlords).
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2017, 07:01

Thanks we need to be ever vigilant. The tale is I suppose if it's to good to be true, it's a scam. Enjoy your holiday in a real apartment.
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:42
Super Moderator

I am afraid that there are many people who have been conned this year by these bogus agents. It is very sad for them but also for the genuine agents whose reputations can be destroyed by unscrupulous con artists .