Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By annascotland
  • 2 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Rangers1
  • 2 Post By manda
  • 1 Post By manda
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2016, 19:22

Default Hotel Daina

We loved staying at Hotel Daina some years ago but stopped going because of lack of sunshade beside the pool. However last year we got totally fed up with 'sun bed wars' at the nearby hotel we had stayed at for several years. Despite asking management there for assistance the 'bagging' of sunbeds before 7am (often by one person on behalf of many) and the monopolisation of beds, tables, chairs etc under the shade by a large and noisy group (who often reserved all this and scarcely used them all day) left us reluctant to go on the sun terrace at all.
Really this comment is to say how impressed we were this year with the Daina management of sun terrace, someone came round asking for names and room number to ensure was residents only and beds with towels on, but no people there, had towels removed to free up the bed for others.
Well done to Hotel Daina for addressing and dealing with the problem in a sensible way. Also sun terrace doesn't open til 9am so the pre- 7am gang would be wasting their time.
Also Hotel Daina have vastly increased their sun shades so plenty for all.
lollipop and Bootledodger like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2016, 19:43

Great to hear. Always liked the Daina. There are some seriously selfish people in the world......what a shame they turn up in our favourite place. They don't fit in here!
annascotland and Bootledodger like this.
Old 30-08-2016, 06:43

It was madness on the beach when were in PP in July/August with sunbeds being reserved before the guy had unlocked them off the parasol posts!!! and I did find it funny that people even at 7am had put towels down on the sand under the trees...
annascotland likes this.

Last edited by Rangers1; 30-08-2016 at 09:50.
Old 30-08-2016, 15:10

Certainly made a difference, always amused me that whilst I'm sitting on the balcony enjoying a relaxing breakfast certain people are in the pool area organising their favourite little space at 9 o'clock and then appearing in the breakfast room some afterwards. I guess its part of their holiday routine now ��
Rangers1 and annascotland like this.
Old 30-08-2016, 17:50

We really enjoyed the breakfast at Daina sitting out on the balcony but I was puzzled by the queue for the sundeck, which formed on the Pine Walk outside the gates at around 8.35am. In the week we were there the sundeck always opened at 9am, never sooner, the people didn't even sit on the wall, they made a line across the Walk, making all the runners and walkers go around them. Very strange.
Old 30-08-2016, 20:46

Aye, very odd. There again with all the space we never went down to the deck until 10:30 and still plenty of apace. What I could never understand is that a lot if beds had towels/bags/books on them but owners never turned up until early afternoon!!! Even I can't take that long for breakfast and lunch. Each to their own I guess ��only 3 weeks to go until next trip so interested to see how season has been so far as was bit quiet at end of May.
Rangers1 likes this.
Old 31-08-2016, 09:42

blimey - that is a hell of a queue if it formed on the Pine Walk!!
debz1 likes this.