Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2016, 20:13

Cool July 2017 - availability warning

Just come back from our annual summer holiday at The Flora. Whilst we were there, people were trying to book for next summer, but they were already full!! Sent me into a panic, looked on booking.com, only 5 rooms left, so booked it quick. Had a look through all the other hotels, most only showing a couple of rooms left, many already full. I usually don't book till after Christmas, after I have booked my flights, but if you want to go next summer I recommend you book now!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 08:44

Have booked for two trips next year after our visit in June this year

Even then our first choice dates for June at the apartment were already gone !!

People we had recommended PP to managed a late booking for early July this year and Villa was great and they loved the place as did their little boy !
Old 04-08-2016, 10:17

We booked Hotel Miramar for July 2017 before we went July 2016. PP is a VERY popular place. As we all well know.
Old 04-08-2016, 21:38

We booked Sis Pins for next year, the day after we arrived in June, just as well, as according to the manager, they are pretty well booked up for next summer. Just to be on the safe side, we booked flight's as soon as we got home.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsp View Post
We booked Sis Pins for next year, the day after we arrived in June, just as well, as according to the manager, they are pretty well booked up for next summer. Just to be on the safe side, we booked flight's as soon as we got home.
are summer 2017 flights available then?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:44

I think it depends who you are flying with

We fly locally with Thomson and we booked flight for next June and September in early July They arent the cheapest and other times of the year we fly from Gatwick but this is our *treat* not having to trail to Gatwick !
Old 08-08-2016, 10:04

Personally, I am not so sure that the news that a lot of PP hotels are nearly fully booked for 2017, is a good one.

I think it can be taken two ways.

One, that they are trying to pass on the intended 15% raise in rates by pressurising potencial clients by telling them that there will be a lack of rooms.

Two, and more importantly, that they will, under the circumstances, drop their levels of quality and service as they think that they will still fill up the hotel whatever happens.

As anyone who has been in business knows, clients arenīt stupid and itīs far easier to lose one, who generally never come back, than to gain one.

Just my opinion.

Molt
Old 08-08-2016, 17:32

Glad you said it Molt.

We have been visiting PP for over 20 years for at least 3 times a year. But we can't see ourselves returning. Our hols booked for next year but they don't include PP.

We have felt it for some time now. We were there in June just gone for 3 weeks and at times we didn't even enjoy going out for coffee.

There is a definite air of contempt for the customer throughout Puerto Pollensa
Old 08-08-2016, 19:18

Our 16th time in PP this august,i never thought i would hear that about it ,we have allways been treated well every where,my heart has just sank a bit ,dont know what to say.
Old 08-08-2016, 19:18

I was a bit shocked at how you were treated

We first came over 30 years ago and had a few gaps but now PP is our most regular choice of holiday

We feel we are treated really well everywhere Coffee stops ,drink stops, Restaurants , shops , Taxis Everyone we come in contact with in fact

A couple of places we have said over the years we havent liked the service Tamerells was one and Tolos but that is far less than anywhere else we have visited over the years

We are back in September and twice next year
CathB, debz1, sws97sdg and 3 others like this.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
Glad you said it Molt.

We have been visiting PP for over 20 years for at least 3 times a year. But we can't see ourselves returning. Our hols booked for next year but they don't include PP.

We have felt it for some time now. We were there in June just gone for 3 weeks and at times we didn't even enjoy going out for coffee.

There is a definite air of contempt for the customer throughout Puerto Pollensa
Sorry you feel like this but wherever i go the staff are bending over backwards to give their customers a great time. I was in a restaurant recently and two families arrived together, when they saw there was no pizza for the kids they got up to leave, the owner told them that they could bring in a takeaway pizza if the parents ordered from the menu, the result was happy parents, happy kids and kudos for the restaurant.

What i think is sad is that some people don't treat the staff with respect and are actually downright rude, the only contempt i have witnessed is coming often from the customer.
CathB, debz1, animagic21 and 12 others like this.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:50

Never had any problems eating out (with the exception of Little Italy, years ago),staff always have been friendly and obliging.
We have booked our summer 2017 flight's with Jet2, from our local Leeds airport.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
Personally, I am not so sure that the news that a lot of PP hotels are nearly fully booked for 2017, is a good one.

I think it can be taken two ways.

One, that they are trying to pass on the intended 15% increase in rates by pressurising potencial clients by telling them that there will be a lack of rooms.

Two, and more importantly, that they will, under the circumstances, drop their levels of quality and service as they think that they will still fill up the hotel whatever happens.

As anyone who has been in business knows, clients arenīt stupid and itīs far easier to lose one, who generally never come back, than to gain one.

Just my opinion.

Molt
I was obviously referring to the hotel industry and not the complimenary ones who have to make sure that their customers are happy as they never know when and if they will come back.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:42

Maybe a lot of people have booked as let down this year by the awful things happening in other parts of the world and feel Majorca is safter bet.
Can't imagine the service in the hotels going down any as the people of PP either in restaurants or hotels have always been what make PP so special.
Friends who we have met out there in the past are there at them min and having great time no complaints.
Tommo, copper, scouse mark and 1 others like this.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Sorry you feel like this but wherever i go the staff are bending over backwards to give their customers a great time. I was in a restaurant recently and two families arrived together, when they saw there was no pizza for the kids they got up to leave, the owner told them that they could bring in a takeaway pizza if the parents ordered from the menu, the result was happy parents, happy kids and kudos for the restaurant.

What i think is sad is that some people don't treat the staff with respect and are actually downright rude, the only contempt i have witnessed is coming often from the customer.
Agree about some of the customers, but, and I am going to put my foot in it here, no kudos for the parents.

In my humble opinion the kids should have sat down and shut up or eaten something from the menu.

If not, whatīs the point of going "abroad" ?.
Gommar Goffer likes this.