Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2015, 07:23

Default Rentals

Hi just to say a big Thank you to all the people who advertise their property on here as I got 100% response rate..thank you. Other websites you either dont a repsonse or get one some 3 weeks after you sent a request..dont get it perhaps my 11 night booking wasnt enough. Anyway all fixed up for next summer after a break of visiting PP of 4 yrs or so.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-09-2015, 09:32

Yes I agree and adverts very clear as to waht is available in the accomodation

Was disappointed to see on Trip Adviser that accomodation would no longer be advertised on the site Is that true ????
KWUK2 likes this.
Old 13-09-2015, 10:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Yes I agree and adverts very clear as to waht is available in the accomodation

Was disappointed to see on Trip Adviser that accomodation would no longer be advertised on the site Is that true ????
Yes it is true but the rest of the website including the forum will not be affected.
Old 13-09-2015, 10:52

Couldn't agree more! We've had 6 holidays in PP from 4 advertisers on this website (went to a couple of apartments twice). It was a joy to deal direct with friendly owners who were prompt, efficient and helpful - and clear and honest about what was being offered.
Old 13-09-2015, 15:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
,.......Was disappointed to see on Trip Adviser that accomodation would no longer be advertised on the site Is that true ????
Oh dear what's happened there...A great resource for visitors to disappear?

My FlickR Photos
Old 13-09-2015, 20:18

I wholly agree with what's been said in the above posts. The pp.com private rentals section is excellent and it will be a significant loss when it closes on 01 Oct. I have trusted those adverts and the pp.com process for many years.

So -

Please can someone give advice as to which websites are good to use and are trusted (as has been the case with pp.com) for private rentals in our favourite resort. Thanks.
Old 13-09-2015, 21:17

Can we have clarification of which site is closing private rental ads.? pp.com or Tripadvisor?
Old 13-09-2015, 22:20
Founder

I realise that many of you will be disappointed but we will no longer be taking advertising for Private Rentals on PuertoPollensa.com from Oct 1st.

There have been many advances in technology, in particular on mobile platforms, provision of facilities such as online booking and payment as well as changes in EU legislation and changes to EU VAT which our technical platform cannot support. Unfortunately as a very small company (mainly me!) we do not have the resources to meet these demands so with considerable sadness we have felt obliged to make these changes to our website.

Instead we will be promoting Private Rentals from other rental websites who do offer more advanced facilities.

The website puertopollensa.com will continue to operate as before, focussing on the destination Puerto Pollensa and offering advertising in various areas and none of these changes affect the forum.

If you are interested in any of the properties currently advertised on puertopollensa.com/rentals do make your enquiries before the end of the month.
El Gordo and mike_dublin like this.
Old 23-09-2015, 13:52

Default A BIG Thank You

Just wanted to say I will miss the rental adverts on this website. Everytime I have contacted one you always get a response, the adverts were always easy to look at and the calenders for that matter. Thank you to the property owners for an excellent service plus a thanks to the website for having these adverts.
Old 23-09-2015, 15:44

Here Here !

Recently done a rental privately and so little details about what was available in the appartment whereas the ones on this website were so clear You knew about fans . heating ,kitchen equipment. outside space everything in fact Veryclear

More research will be needed now !
Old 23-09-2015, 18:34

Most adverts include a phone number - it may be worth taking s note of any numbers for properties that interest you so that you have them for future years.
Old 23-09-2015, 23:21

I am really sorry this feature is going. I have found some great properties for us and others over the years. Yesterday I went through most of the properties and saved the pages as Pdf files of those with phone numbers which may be of interest in the future. I have always felt very confident booking these properties.
Belladonna and Bean Counter like this.
Old 24-09-2015, 19:24

Will all the previous posts about accommodation remain on the forum or will they have to be removed because as Marilyn and its CD suggest, it would be good to have these for reference
Old 24-09-2015, 19:27
Super Moderator

No previous posts will be removed from the forum.
pollensa likes this.
Old 25-09-2015, 18:27

Oh that's good, thanks Sparky
Sparky and Tangoman like this.