Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Dunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 17:25

Default 3 nights in high season

Hello

I was hoping somebody could give me some guidance. We normally come to PP for 2 or 3 weeks, however next year we will be coming for 17days, (it’s a long story!!!).We have booked our flights from Wednesday 20th July until Friday 5th August, and already booked our Villa for 2 weeks , but I need to find some accommodation from the Wednesday to Saturday (3 nights). I initially booked an apartment, but have had an email requesting I cancel this as they only do minimum 7 nights in July/August. (Which I fully understand, just wished they’d made this clear before I booked).

As a party of 2 adults and 3 children 15,13, and 9 I was hoping someone could suggest anywhere that could accommodate us for the 3 nights in high season, ideally an apartment would be good, but understand 2 rooms in a hotel may be the only option. Budget wise, the apartment was £174 per night, so was hoping for around £150 - £200 per night.

Its only a short time, so just looking for somewhere that’s clean, has its own bathroom and ideally within walking distance of the town, and perfect scenario would be a sea view. (The villa we have booked is more remote, so would like to be able walk to town). Im not really ‘into’ hotel entertainment, infact would rather avoid this if possible. We are all fit so walking isn’t an issue.

Didn’t know if something like the eolo hostal or similar would be useful, (although the eolo website keeps saying no availability and I have no idea what this is like!!!!)

I understand there is an element of ‘politics’ regarding suggesting/recommending anywhere, so alternatively would also appreciate people’s thoughts regarding 3 nights for 5 people in high season …. Im I going to struggle?

We would rather be in or around PP but are prepared to stay anywhere on the island for the 3 days if necessary, failing this, its sleep on the beach, although don’t think my wife would appreciate this!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2015, 17:43
Super Moderator

Try Hostal Paris, contact info can be found here :- Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca.
Old 04-11-2015, 19:49

Personally would try some of the agencies like Booking.Com or Travel Republic as they seem to deal in Hotels and Apartments You may be lucky as people fly on so many different days nowadays there may be some odd days available

Good luck
Old 04-11-2015, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk View Post

I understand there is an element of ‘politics’ regarding suggesting/recommending anywhere, so alternatively would also appreciate people’s thoughts regarding 3 nights for 5 people in high season …. Im I going to struggle?
There are plenty showing those dates on airbnb.
When looking on airbbnb I always look for lots of good reviews and great pictures.
Also only ever pay airbnb directly and on a credit card, never the 'owner' or anyone else that sends you an email saying you need to pay them.

There are some lovely old town houses in pollenca old town that might be better than an apartment near the sea for not much money.
Hotels might not be to your liking if you do villa holidays and like lots of space.

I will send you a message.
Old 04-11-2015, 20:56

Hi Dunk, I have sent you a PM
Old 05-11-2015, 07:57

Default What about ELO hotel

We did something similar a couple of years ago and although would not use the Hotel for any length of time it was very reasonable and right in the heart of PP.

Clean and fine for what you pay.

Scotslizzy
Old 05-11-2015, 18:59

Also you could try Alpharooms. They are showing availability at both the Habitat and Duva for the dates you want. Reasonable cost but they are a little way out - about 10 minutes walk from the big Eroski, 20 minutes walk from the centre of the Port.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31

I just wanted to say, thank you to everyone who has replied to my post, all the advice, things I hadn't thought about and general help has been great.

I must admit although I do work for a technology company Im really not 'in to' social media etc, I'm sure even my wife thinks I'm odd!!!!!, as I have no Facebook profile, snapchat, twitter or anything similar and this forum is my only real venture into this area. So I was really pleased and grateful for all the comments.

Even after coming to PP for around 10 years Im still finding out things I didn't know about the place and the island.

Hopefully, I think we will soon be 'sorted out'.
CathB, Sparky, scotslizzy and 3 others like this.
Old 10-11-2015, 17:23

We sometimes have a few nights in Palma before/after PP, just for a change and lots to do and see there, HM JaimeIII does huge family rooms, is b&b and opposite bus stop for no1 bus direct to airport. Just an idea