Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   High temperatures and no aircon. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/12317-high-temperatures-no-aircon.html)

Juren 22-07-2015 14:23

High temperatures and no aircon.

I'm headed out on the 4th August and am feeling slight concerned as we have no air con in the apartment! Before I booked the apartment I expressed my concern about there being no air con and his reply was that he had never had any ' complaints'. It looked like a great apt. otherwise, and in a great location with fab views over the bay, so I booked it. The apartment however is situated on the sea front (near the Hotel Daina) and we have a balcony with large sliding doors, so am hoping we'll be able to get something approaching a breeze through the apartment.... But with these weather reports am now feeling doubtful!

Tangoman 22-07-2015 14:34

Air Con

Just to show off a bit.

I haven't been to PP for quite a few years now, but I reckon that, just from reading the info on this forum, that you will probably be able to hire some fans for your apartment from the Multihire shop - or Euromart.

Not bad Sparky, Eh??

sws97sdg 22-07-2015 14:53

I was going to suggest that, but thinking about it, I expect every single unit will already be on hire, although still worth checking with them!

debz1 22-07-2015 19:54

We used to rent an apartment in August on the sea front (with no aircon) and although it was very hot we found that there was usually a bit of a breeze coming in off the sea, especially in the evenings. My best tip,which seems obvious but easy to forget to do, is to make sure the shutters are shut during the day. This really does make a difference keeping the heat out.

Have a great time :)

Belladonna 22-07-2015 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 105466)
I was going to suggest that, but thinking about it, I expect every single unit will already be on hire, although still worth checking with them!

Maybe worth getting in touch with them and reserving one for when you arrive, or checking when their returns are due in close to your arrival. If your apartment has windows facing different directions, you should be able to get a through breeze.

Juren 22-07-2015 21:15

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, I am aware that we can hire fans... have done this before. I think there are windows to the side as well as the front, so, yes that may help... and keeping the apartment cooler by closing the shutters in day time is a must. I'm sure we'll thole it!

sunny 22-07-2015 23:08

Multi hire also do air con units.

sws97sdg 23-07-2015 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 105475)
Maybe worth getting in touch with them and reserving one for when you arrive, or checking when their returns are due in close to your arrival. If your apartment has windows facing different directions, you should be able to get a through breeze.

Very true, they advertise on here, they have an online order forms, we do that for the bikes to make sure they are available, so drop them an email and see if the can reserve you one. They are very helpful, Sam the bike ( as in bike hirer as we call her) is very nice and they can deliver and collect them for you as well. multi hire Email: info@multi-hire.com

CathB 23-07-2015 20:22

If not able to hire what about buying a fan from Milar..sometimes they are better than aircon 😉

copper 24-07-2015 08:06

The apartment we used to hire was very hot and the fans would be on non stop and the windows werent easy to leave open for security We had great views from great picture windows but no shutters ! and felt like an oven

This year different apartment no fans !!!!! but no problem left wooden shutters shut and lots of windows front and side open and great airflow all through so although apartments were same size entirely different so until you get there it might not be possible to tell First day I was looking up multihire and checking prices in Chinese shop for fans but no need and much pleasanter without having fans swishing around when you sleep

Gommar Goffer 25-07-2015 10:55

Fans are better for you as they do not dry the air out like aircon which can lead to Tonsilitis :(

debz1 25-07-2015 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 105566)
Fans are better for you as they do not dry the air out like aircon which can lead to Tonsilitis :(

I agree GG. We never put our aircon at night. We keep the shutters shut during the day, then early evening open them and shut the exterior doors and put the aircon on, while we're getting ready to go out. Only ever have the ceiling fans on at night as can't stand the way the aircon makes me hoarse :eek:

Belladonna 25-07-2015 11:26

Same here, and a/c with shutters closed for a few hours before bed time also helps keep any mozzies away! ;)

Juren 25-07-2015 18:04

Yes. Thanks, think I'll decide when I get there... We seem to have windows to the front and the side... So am hoping we'll be able to gain something approaching a breeze.