Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By pollensafan
  • 5 Post By Sparky
  • 3 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-2015, 06:43

Smile Hotel panorama

Hi all we have been visiting pp for over 20 years had a bit of a break for the last 2 years found parga in Greece were we are going again this year but as I teach for a living get a few weeks off so last night also booked a week in pp from August 5th staying at hotel panorama good price I know they are only 2 star just wondering if any of you have stayed there? Unfortunately my wife won't be with us because of work so just myself and 13 year old daughter really looking forward to coming back
Sponsored Links
Old 19-05-2015, 09:04

Hmmm, stayed there many years ago and it needed a complete refurb so not sure that's relevant today. Location good. However the one thing that still stands is the demeanour of the owner. How can I put this, His PR with his clients leaves a lot to be desired. He is not the happiest of souls
scouse mark and Tangoman like this.
Old 19-05-2015, 09:24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Hmmm, stayed there many years ago and it needed a complete refurb so not sure that's relevant today. Location good. However the one thing that still stands is the demeanour of the owner. How can I put this, His PR with his clients leaves a lot to be desired. He is not the happiest of souls
I also stayed there many years ago and it was the last time we did hotels in PP, one of the local bar owners took pity on us and from then on we rented apartments above the bar. I called Miguel (the owner) Tojo, he made the place feel like a cross between Colditz and Fawlty Towers .

Now for the good news, he has retired, the family run things and i am told it has have improved dramatically .
Old 19-05-2015, 10:47

Can't comment on accomodation side of things as haven't stayed in a while. Always spend a lot of our holiday there as staff now feel like part of family. Great location just up road from beach.
Old 19-05-2015, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I also stayed there many years ago and it was the last time we did hotels in PP, one of the local bar owners took pity on us and from then on we rented apartments above the bar. I called Miguel (the owner) Tojo, he made the place feel like a cross between Colditz and Fawlty Towers .

Now for the good news, he has retired, the family run things and i am told it has have improved dramatically .
Ha Ha, That's brightened up my day and no mistake.. He must have only just gone, because he was there last September.

I know because on the nights he had live entertainment on, he would patrol up and down the road outside and if anyone passing by had the nerve to pause and look , he would approach them and tell them to move on unless they intended to go in and buy a drink.
I guess Ken Dod singing " Happiness " was not on his personal play list.
CathB, Sparky and Tangoman like this.
Old 19-05-2015, 11:44
Super Moderator

Yes i think he still pops in to keep an eye on things .

He is a strange man, his late wife was a sweetheart though .
Old 26-04-2016, 19:19

Does anyone know if further refurbishments/upgrades of more of the rooms occurred
over the winter closure?.