Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-2014, 09:21

Default Hotel Romantic.

Came across this artist’s impression of the Hotel Romantic’s new terrace. Cashing in on the demise of the El Ancla maybe?

Last edited by Pretty Polle; 06-04-2015 at 15:47. Reason: bigger pic
Sponsored Links
Old 31-12-2014, 11:34
Super Moderator

I think it was long overdue for an update and perhaps now that the Cabot group have sold off the Pollensa Park they have the money spend on giving this lovely hotel a much needed facelift. I just hope they also sort out the pavement outside, it has always been very "rustic".
Old 09-02-2015, 12:32

Pics on the work on Romantic and el Encla

DSCN3756 by sws97sdg, on Flickr

DSCN3757 by sws97sdg, on Flickr

On island time!!
Old 09-02-2015, 14:22
Banned

Spot the difference?!
Old 17-02-2015, 09:37

The picture on here of the Romantic does not even tell half the story. I got a look inside last week and the place has been gutted. They have put in structural supports to hold the building up and demolished it from the inside. So the rumour last year that it was being demolished was technically right. I have a couple of pics that I will try to upload (ha,Ha) as you know my track record on that score.
Old 17-02-2015, 10:25

Pleased to hear they are doing the inside as well Very long overdue !

Used to stay there before we started to rent apartments They have a loyal clientele but the prices will probably change a bit !! I was hoping they werent going to just change the terrace as they did some work there a few years ago and didnt touch the inside and it should have been the other way around ! Has such a wonderful position

Will be interested to see how far they have got by the summer but cant imagine it will be open this year
Old 17-02-2015, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post

Used to stay there before we started to rent apartments They have a loyal clientele but the prices will probably change a bit !! I was hoping they werent going to just change the terrace as they did some work there a few years ago and didnt touch the inside and it should have been the other way around ! Has such a wonderful position

Will be interested to see how far they have got by the summer but cant imagine it will be open this year
Hmmm, now the way I heard it was that they are installing a brand new kitchen, restaurant and bar. then they are going to rent that as a separate business. Might be something in that as they are installing a brand new entrance around the left hand side.

Last edited by pollensafan; 17-02-2015 at 14:46.
Old 17-02-2015, 21:09

Strange idea !

Food there was basic to say the least but the terrace was always busy with drinkers in the evenings which is normally where people make their money Will be very interested to see what is there on our visits this year ! Lots to look at with the new La Goleta as well
Old 17-02-2015, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post

Hope they are, got freinds going june and july to romantic and they are still takeing bookings on major tour operators web sites, only thing they were told was its now a adult only hotel,no mention of refurb very strange.
Old 18-02-2015, 14:57

We too have friends who are booked in at the Romantic for eight nights in June, hope their booking will be honoured. Does anyone know when the work is due to be completed ?
yellow_tram likes this.
Old 18-02-2015, 15:05
Super Moderator

This often comes up on the forum, it looks like a place will not be ready to open for a very long time but somehow they pull it together and finish the work in time for the season .
driftwood likes this.
Old 18-02-2015, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
This often comes up on the forum, it looks like a place will not be ready to open for a very long time but somehow they pull it together and finish the work in time for the season .
Your only rite Sparky "again" lol
Old 19-02-2015, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Got an e-mail from Cabot about the Romantic and it is meant to re-open after the refurbishment on 11 April (Adults only, minimum age 16 years)
Old 21-02-2015, 11:28

[QUOTE=mike_dublin;100580]Got an e-mail from Cabot about the Romantic and it is meant to re-open after the refurbishment on 11 April (Adults only, minimum age 16

Parents take note that the Romantic is now an anti child hotel.I find this very offensive in a family resort
Old 21-02-2015, 12:54
Banned

[QUOTE=sleepyboaby;100595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
Got an e-mail from Cabot about the Romantic and it is meant to re-open after the refurbishment on 11 April (Adults only, minimum age 16

Parents take note that the Romantic is now an anti child hotel.I find this very offensive in a family resort
Why on earth is it offensive? It's up to the individual hotel surely. There is lots of child-friendly accommodation in PP so how refreshing for those that don't have kids with them to be able to have a quiet and peaceful holiday I say. It also makes PP more diverse giving different options and thereby bringing in more money. Good luck to them.

Oh and by the way, I have a 6 year old child.
debz1, joey36, carl1955 and 12 others like this.