Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By roig cat
  • 3 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 2 Post By vincent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49

Default Villa & Apartment Prices. 2015 Season.

A friend who regularly holidays in PP called me last night, shocked at how much villa prices seem to have increased for next year.

He was telling me that he has seen around a 40% price increase, which is forced him to consider alternative options.

With Villa Parade no longer around, I wondered if there had been a push to increase prices?

Have any other forumers have had a similar experiences? My concern is that people simply cannot afford that kind of increase, and will look elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 10:16

Don't panic, the 3 apartments we stayed in last year, 2 on here, are the same price as last year and in fact the year before I believe !!

On island time!!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32
Banned

If there is a 40% increase then that can really only be greed and/or then maybe the loss of Villaparade as a competitor, although I'm sure many of their properties will have been taken on by others now?

Not a good thing if true though.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
If there is a 40% increase then that can really only be greed and/or then maybe the loss of Villaparade as a competitor, although I'm sure many of their properties will have been taken on by others now?

Not a good thing if true though.
I know that it was Travelopo that took on their Mallorca portfolio (which then started the chain of events which led to the ultimate failure of Villaparade).

I have hesitated to suggest trying them though, as they weren't ABTA bonded when the Travelopo/Villaparade situation occured earlier this year.

Has anyone had any experience with Travelopo, either as a property owner, or a renter? Villaparade had quite a presence in this area, but I've not heard anything about Travelopo in the months that have passed.

It may simply be that just some properties have increased significantly, but my main concern was that if that is the general trend, unless visitors really want to come here, they may think twice about stumping up that much extra.
Old 03-12-2014, 17:37

Villa plus have increased their prices. The villa we rented is 25% more for same two weeks in 2015. The other companies ive looked at havnt gone up that much but they were more expensive in the first place. I havnt even looked at Travelopo and dont intend to.
There are some great bargains out of season. Villa Select have a few at £299 for the first week of Easter hols and October half term.
Mark likes this.
Old 03-12-2014, 17:57
Super Moderator

Do have a look at the private rental section of the website here :- Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca), you will be dealing directly with the owners so it will probably be cheaper .
sws97sdg, eleanor and roig cat like this.
Old 03-12-2014, 22:37

The apartment we rented for a number of years is still available from the same owner. Our needs have changed and it is now too big for 2 and not big enough for a growing up grandchildren + Mum and Dad and grandparents.
I check out the owners website regularly, just to wistfully remember the good times that have passed - and just to be nosey to see how 'our' apartment is going on.

But back to the thread......................

The rental cost of this penthouse apartment on Bellresguard for July/August 2014 is the same as 2015 and ....... 2016. according to the availability calendar i.e. prices held for three years. July 2016 already booked

Last edited by clinkham; 03-12-2014 at 22:38. Reason: Was going to, then didn't
Old 04-12-2014, 15:46

I would consider a private apartment if it wasn't for the need for a childrens pool for my 3 year old who loves the beach but isn't keen on the sea. I also like the pine walk end of the resort but last year had to stay in the Bahia Pollensa aparthotel. If anyone know of private apartments with a childrens depth pool let me know

On that note I have noticed an increase in all prices again for the Port. I already pay a premium on flights coming from Northern Ireland and as much as I don't want to I am considering looking elsewhere for accommodation.
Old 04-12-2014, 16:18
Super Moderator

I know the Olot apts in Llenaire have a separate childrens pool . Just follow this link http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/ and type in "Olot".

Last edited by Sparky; 04-12-2014 at 16:24.
Old 04-12-2014, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
There are some great bargains out of season. Villa Select have a few at £299 for the first week of Easter hols and October half term.
Wow, just looked and very tempted, I must resist any more bookings just yet...I cant stop looking though...

Out of season is best
roig cat likes this.
Old 04-12-2014, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I already pay a premium on flights coming from Northern Ireland and as much as I don't want to I am considering looking elsewhere for accommodation.
If you have the Pollensa bug then we always find that anywhere else is second best and we always compare anywhere else to Pollensa and then we book Pollensa anyway to get our fix so spend even more on holidays...

keep looking as you will find something and its worth it once you arrive
Old 04-12-2014, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Wow, just looked and very tempted, I must resist any more bookings just yet...I cant stop looking though...

Out of season is best

Completly agree. Ive already booked a £299 villa in fact ive booked two!

Last edited by pollensa; 05-12-2014 at 11:31. Reason: closed the quote!
Old 05-12-2014, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I know the Olot apts in Llenaire have a separate childrens pool . Just follow this link Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) and type in "Olot".
Thanks Sparky, have sent a message to the owner regarding the depth of the small pool and the proximity to the Bahia Pollensa to give me a better idea of where it is. Still looking, would have ideally preferred the pine walk area as I stayed there up until last year when we moved. Would consider 3 weeks again this year if the price is right.

Would like to go off season for a bit of cycling with my friend next year so will be doing a recce when I'm out
Sparky and roig cat like this.

Last edited by vincent; 05-12-2014 at 22:04.