Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree45Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 21:03

Default Apartments for next august 15

Looking for anyone who has an apartment for rent.

Would like an apartment for 4 people which is quite spacious with balcony or terrace area. Near to beach. Pool and air conditioning. TV and Wifi if possible.

Stayed in the Gommar area before but its a little way out but don't mind as its a lovely area.

Looking for a ten night stay and would rather not pay any more than 700 for the ten nights.

Thanks for any responses.

Julie x
carl1955 likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 10-11-2014 at 10:23. Reason: Request for PM re Private Rental removed
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 23:06
Super Moderator

You don't say what time of the year you want to come out .
Old 04-11-2014, 09:42

Julie has put it in the title Sparky. It's August next year.

I would suggest looking on the main site as there are plenty of holiday opportunities listed there.

Take a look under Privatevillas/Apts to rent
Belladonna likes this.

Last edited by eleanor; 04-11-2014 at 09:43. Reason: typo
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34
Super Moderator

Oops sorry!!! senior moment .

As Eleanor says though, do have a look on the main website here Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) .
pollensa, eleanor and scouse mark like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:57
Founder

Having seen that you're looking for 10 days in August, that may be difficult as most owners prefer to let whole weeks in the peak season (& normally Sat-Sat). However you can always ask when you make your enquiry.

This has been discussed before but your options may be to pay for 2 weeks but not use it all or pay for 1 week and stay in hotels for the other days.

I also suspect that £ 700 for 10 nights in August is rather hopeful. Looking at the apartments we have on the site in the South, Sandy Beach area, the upper price range applies to August and the lowest appears to be £500/week.

Last edited by pollensa; 04-11-2014 at 13:23.
Old 04-11-2014, 21:16

As Julie has been a member of the Forum for a long time I think that she may well have already checked the Rental Section "Prices" and is therefore appealing for a "Private" arrangement with an owner who does not advertise??
eleanor likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 05-11-2014, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
As Julie has been a member of the Forum for a long time I think that she may well have already checked the Rental Section "Prices" and is therefore appealing for a "Private" arrangement with an owner who does not advertise??
Yes I thought that may be the case too! Not fair to those who do advertise. Also agree that £700 for 10 days is a bit of a challenge. No doubt there will be some who don't spend money on advertising who may contact Julie directly!!
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Yes I thought that may be the case too! Not fair to those who do advertise. Also agree that £700 for 10 days is a bit of a challenge. No doubt there will be some who don't spend money on advertising who may contact Julie directly!!
I completely agree with you Eleanor, unfortunately we cannot see or control the content of private messages .
eleanor likes this.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I completely agree with you Eleanor, unfortunately we cannot see or control the content of private messages .
I understand Sparky and that is how it should be. However I do think it unfair for people to use the actual forum to the detriment of those who pay to advertise. This seems to happen quite a lot actually although often worded in a different way. i.e. maybe recommendatons etc. I can honestly say I have only responded once and that was due to someone being let down via a company scam. I do advertise on this site though!
Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 05-11-2014, 20:28

Hi, just thought I would let you know I have booked apartment from 13th September 15 for ten nights, £860 so maybe £700 in August will be a real challenge? Have to add apartment we have booked is frontline. Truly hope you find what you want, just giving you an idea of prices.
eleanor likes this.
Old 05-11-2014, 22:00

I do not think I would take the chance anyway even if someone was to respond saying they had somewhere to rent. It really could be anyone, even if they are registered users. It is unlikely as others have said that a two bedroom would be available for ten days in August at £700, we stayed two years ago at the Miramar in an apartment that would fit the criteria other than the price which was more like £1200 for ten days.
kate1 and eleanor like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 13:09

I think RomanB and others are right and that £700 for 10 nights in August is honestly pretty unrealistic - especially if it sleeps 4…. that's only £175 each for 10 nights….with a balcony or terrace…. I doubt you will find an apartment fitting your criteria for that price. I have certainly never come across one. Gotmar is really quite an upmarket area too - I don't really think it is considered to be out of the way and therefore cheaper. I suppose you could take a chance and wait until nearer the time in the hope that a discount is offered - but that is probably not going to happen in August - which gets booked up many months in advance. Sorry not to be able to give you a more optimistic answer...
Lorenzo and eleanor like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 16:01

ChalkFamily, there is a 2-bedroom apartment which advertises on this site which might fit your requirements. It's called Mendeznunez so if you use Advanced Search you should find it. Has a pool but no Wifi. It looks to have availability in August.
I'm not in anyway connected to this flat, by the way, I just spotted it as we were searching.
lollipop and roig cat like this.
Old 09-11-2014, 20:19

I'm sure the chalk family have found this apartment if they have searched but in my opinion they are hoping that they will have a number of private messages giving them an opportunity of choice.

I think if they were to do a thorough seach they will see that their budget is somewhat unrealistic for the time of year requested. They could as suggested wait until nearer the time to see if there might be a cancellation but then that might be taking a chance.

To go back a step or two it is unfair to those who spend hundreds of pounds in advertising revenue to compete against those who respond to posts such as these who fill there rental apartments for nil. Perhaps posts such as these should be monitored and edited - just a thought!

Last edited by eleanor; 09-11-2014 at 20:22.
Old 09-11-2014, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
I'm sure the chalk family have found this apartment if they have searched but in my opinion they are hoping that they will have a number of private messages giving them an opportunity of choice.

I think if they were to do a thorough seach they will see that their budget is somewhat unrealistic for the time of year requested. They could as suggested wait until nearer the time to see if there might be a cancellation but then that might be taking a chance.

To go back a step or two it is unfair to those who spend hundreds of pounds in advertising revenue to compete against those who respond to posts such as these who fill there rental apartments for nil. Perhaps posts such as these should be monitored and edited - just a thought!
Eleanor, I feel Julie is being somewhat persecuted. She hasn't responded yet (maybe doesn't dare) but perhaps her enquiry was completely innocent and she never thought about those who advertise on this site. I think it's a bit unfair to suggest she was being underhand in her enquiry.
Closed Thread