Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-10-2014, 18:31

Default Pet-friendly villa or finca to let Jan-March

Hi there
My husband I have bought a house in Puerto Pollensa and are looking to move out asap, but we have to have quite a lot of renovation/re-building work done on the house. We also have to sell our property in the UK - we have had a lot of interest, but no offers so far.

As it is rather difficult to supervise things/get things moving from the UK, we are now looking to rent out a villa or finca in, or not too far from, Puerto Pollensa from January to March 2015. Hopefully our own house will at least have its kitchen and bathroom sorted by the end of March, if nothing else, so we can move in and get the rest of the house sorted as and when.

The villa or finca would have to allow dogs, as we want to bring our dog out to get him used to the climate gradually. Does anyone know of anywhere which might be suitable - we would obviously be looking for a favourable rental rate, as the months of Jan, Feb, March are not exactly the busiest rental periods!

Many thanks
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old 16-10-2014, 23:57

Sandy, welcome to the Puerto Pollensa area - it's a wonderful place to be!

I imagine one problem you might have with renting a villa over the winter is that most non-resident owners have already 'closed them down' for the season - it is actually surprisingly expensive to keep a villa running over the winter in Mallorca, as obviously the heating has to be turned on (gasoil is really expensive, though many villas in Mallorca do not have central heating, and can be quite cold and damp as a result) - and there are other quite expensive running costs, not least electricity - so you may find that for a lot of villa owners (including ourselves!) it's actually cheaper to keep a villa closed up for the season than to rent it out at a reduced cost. Having said that, there are locally-based rental companies who will be more likely to handle properties which offer 3-6 month contracts - I can recommend Ideal, but there are others.
eleanor and SandySunshine like this.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:13

I echo Kate as we too close down our villa for the winter months. Even on a lovely sunny warm day by late afternoon the damp and cold set in and it can be quite uncomfortable so you would need heating.

I would also suggest looking online at TOTN as they sometimes have longer rentals advertised including private rentals.

Good luck with the refurbishment.
SandySunshine likes this.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:54
Super Moderator

Sandy some of the agents on the following link offer long term/winter rentals Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca, good luck with your move .
SandySunshine likes this.
Old 17-10-2014, 18:31

Many thanks folks, I will follow up on your suggestions.