Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By tequila
  • 3 Post By Bootledodger
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 4 Post By vincent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 06:56

Default Flora Aparthotel

Hi... Just thought I would say, another great holiday at the Flora, great family hotel, nice clean rooms etc... one issue though kids running around shouting and screaming loudly at past 1am in the morning. Shame the parents couldn't control them a little more...especially as most were between 10-13 yrs. Very annoying! Well..... until the wife gave them an earful one night... then they ran round the other side and all was quiet again. But just a little warning! the problem I guess with family hotels and feckless parents!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2014, 09:30

We love the Flora and stay every year. We were there for 10 days in August, stayed with my teenage daughters, we were normally in bed for 12 ish. We didnt hear any noise although the bar area was still pretty full when we went up to bed. There was a bit of moaning from my two ... "why are we going to bed when these little kids are still up??" Even so the "little kids" still managed to get up early, unlike my teenagers!!!

For us it ticks all the boxes and my girls would not want to go anywhere else, so makes for an easy holiday!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila View Post
Hi... Just thought I would say, another great holiday at the Flora, great family hotel, nice clean rooms etc... one issue though kids running around shouting and screaming loudly at past 1am in the morning. Shame the parents couldn't control them a little more...especially as most were between 10-13 yrs. Very annoying! Well..... until the wife gave them an earful one night... then they ran round the other side and all was quiet again. But just a little warning! the problem I guess with family hotels and feckless parents!
Drives me nuts this!!!!
the parents of these kids will state "they (and we) are only enjoying themselves - your a killjoy etc etc etc" - my point is this - why does their "enjoyment" trump those of Tequila and Emma families?
It appears to me people/families who want to make alot of noise take no-one other than themselves into account by their behaviour - of course if you did something that effected them they would not be too happy....
Nick, tequila and scouse mark like this.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:22
Banned

Bang on there. We popped into the Flora last month and there were youths soaking wet with no tops on sat in chairs with their feet on the tables. Another person came in to reception in shorts dripping water everywhere asking for something. Thankfully the receptionist told them to come back when dry. Some people have no morals these days but it's all down to the upbringing.

Oh, and they were all British!
Bootledodger likes this.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Bang on there. We popped into the Flora last month and there were youths soaking wet with no tops on sat in chairs with their feet on the tables. Another person came in to reception in shorts dripping water everywhere asking for something. Thankfully the receptionist told them to come back when dry. Some people have no morals these days but it's all down to the upbringing.

Oh, and they were all British!
I am surprised at that. When we were there in August they were very strict about going into the Bar/reception area when wet. We will be back hopefully next Easter and Summer. Just ticks all the boxes for us. Can't wait
Old 09-09-2014, 15:03

We have stayed here twice this and once last year. No problem with the place clean rooms, great location, nice pool etc.

My only gripe was with July visit, we mistakenly booked early July thinking we had missed school holidays however, Scottish & Irish schools had broken up early. Very hard to get sunbeds as most were reserved by 8.30 am, mostly by selfish people who would put towels down then not surface until mid afternoon and sometimes not at all!!

Complained to reception about this but they did nothing!!

Pool area very noisy with badly behaved kids continually screaming, shouting, no consideration for other users, went down the beach most days for peace and quiet.

Will definitely go again but will check holiday dates next time!!
Old 09-09-2014, 22:38

Sorry BigErn you'r out of luck N.Irish schools have always finished end of June for 2 months, don't know about Scotland. Did notice a big difference in August as compared with July as to the number of children, quieter in July.
Old 10-09-2014, 16:00

Scottish schools the same as Ireland - end June to mid-August.
Old 05-12-2014, 22:15

Being from Northern Ireland and with 2 kids aged 3 and 9 I can confirm this. We always go beginning of July to avoid the rush when the English schools finish. Thankfully our kids are well behaved and we do see others who are left to run riot which is not fair on other couples trying to enjoy their holiday.

The towel thing really annoys me too. Thankfully the Bahia Pollensa Aparthotel where we stayed last year had a policy of 30mins and it's off. If nobody had been on a sunbed for this length of time the pool attendant lifted the towel and placed it near the entrance to the pools ensuring there was none of this reserving a sunbed that wasn't going to be used. More establishments should take this approach I think

If I didn't have kids I wouldn't be going July, August or September
anne10aber, lollipop, Nick and 1 others like this.

Last edited by vincent; 05-12-2014 at 22:18.