Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 3 Post By jiggggy
  • 3 Post By emmalou
  • 2 Post By emmalou
  • 2 Post By CharlieV
  • 1 Post By MAG
  • 2 Post By sleepyboaby
  • 2 Post By El Gordo
  • 2 Post By jiggggy
  • 1 Post By sleepyboaby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2014, 00:46

Default Hostal Eolo.

My son and his girlfriend want to go on their first holiday together to Puerto Pollensa. I think its a comfort zone thing for my son as he knows it well. He should do, he's been there 4 times in the last 10 years. Nearly everywhere is sold up, as he wants to go in 2 weeks time! Yes mid August. So, looking at the Hostal Eolo at the mo. Under £400 for a week! Bargain! But it is too good to be true? Does anyone know what its like? I know its not gonna be 4 star, but is it ok? Clean? Decent food? Any comments will be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 27-07-2014, 01:00

Friends of ours stayed there this Easter. They told us rooms were small but clean and food was not bad. However they said the noise from outside was terrible and they hardly got any sleep for a week. So, if they go, tell them to pack earplugs
jiggggy likes this.
Old 27-07-2014, 01:06

Thanks for the quick reply CharlieV. They are both in their early 20s so i dont think a bit of noise will upset them. It could be worse, they could be in Magaluf!
lollipop, Rosie34 and CharlieV like this.
Old 27-07-2014, 11:23

My partners son has stayed there a couple of times,very basic, on electric plug etc but does have air con. I went in, very gloomy upstairs, and wouldn't want to stay on my own there, but if it is just a base, should be ok. This year the older kids are staying at Bellavista and hostel Paris which are the same price, maybe worth a look? Have visited both, lovely little hotels.
jiggggy, Lorenzo and CharlieV like this.
Old 27-07-2014, 11:53

It's also worth looking on here at the last minute deals for appartments. There's some that are reduced to £450 per week and they would have the option of eating in to save some money?
jiggggy and CharlieV like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 27-07-2014 at 12:36. Reason: link added
Old 27-07-2014, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggggy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply CharlieV. They are both in their early 20s so i dont think a bit of noise will upset them. It could be worse, they could be in Magaluf!
That's true! Our friends are in their mid-forties. I think you worry more about sleep quality when you reach that age !!
jiggggy and Rosie34 like this.
Old 27-07-2014, 23:31

Great central location. Am sure they will be fine there if the price is right.
jiggggy likes this.
Old 30-07-2014, 19:54

Jiggy we were there about 4 years ago.Rooms are basic but recently been refurbished so you have air con plus tv in rooms.Brilliant views across the marina from the balcony.Great location also being in town centre.Food is a bit hit and miss but well priced.Iwould recommend staying there
jiggggy and LK1960 like this.
Old 31-07-2014, 00:35

Have you thought of Pollensa instead?

Refugi Pont Roma advertise beds at 11 Eros a night!! although there wont be much privacy with 38 beds in only 5 bedrooms
jiggggy and Rosie34 like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 31-07-2014, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboaby View Post
Jiggy we were there about 4 years ago.Rooms are basic but recently been refurbished so you have air con plus tv in rooms.Brilliant views across the marina from the balcony.Great location also being in town centre.Food is a bit hit and miss but well priced.Iwould recommend staying there
From previous postings, I believe Martin ex La Goleta is doing the food at Eolo so it should be good now.
Old 30-08-2014, 00:51

Update, My son went to Alcudia in the end He didnt fancy the Eolo due to it having no pool (Yes i know the beach is just across the road) and there was nothing available for his budget, so ended up in Alcudia. All inclusive hotel with a great pool for just over £500!
He even got the bus to PP a couple of times as he loves it so much. Tho it teemed down 3 days
Sparky and roig cat like this.
Old 30-08-2014, 08:50

That is a shame jiggy about your son booking Alcudia instead of Eolo because of there being no pool.When we stayed at the Eolo the owner had an agreement with Hotel Daina that you could use their pool facilities while staying there.
jiggggy likes this.
Old 31-08-2014, 19:51

What! Now you tell me
Old 01-09-2014, 07:04

Default Are you Sure ?

Just stayed there last week and no mention of this . Did not matter in any event as we were on the beach with other family members.

The reason I ask is that we have stayed at the Daina a number of times and there are always issues about the number of people able to get sunbeds.

Elo was better than expected but still a budget hotel.No fridge in room, small, but we did have a balcony.

Scotslizzy