Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2014, 14:21

Default Villa concha

We had a quick look and a drink at the newly refurbished Villa Concha last week. Now there is an additional sign on the lamppost by the park (in front of the police station) that also points to the Sports Hotel underneath the villa concha sign. So I don't know if it is going to be rebranded or open longer through the year.
It certainly looks very sporty there now with a huge new swimming pool at the front of the hotel with swimming lanes and new shop units being finished plus a huge very technical looking bike store.
The pool area was immaculate and had great kids areas with slides and a play park actually in a shallow water area, would be great in the summer.
Obviously we didn't see any of the bedrooms but the public areas all were clean and staff very friendly. The menu offered the usual choices and was very reasonable and the food we saw coming out looked delicious.
The position of the hotel is great, right by the sandy beach in Llenaire.
All in all it looks a lovely, family Aparthotel in a great position.
debz1, Sparky and varsp like this.
Old 25-04-2014, 14:28

Great to hear The Villa Concha is looking good as I was a bit worried back in April as couldn't see how they'd finish in time for the season. I believe they do intend to keep it open all year for all the cyclists that come out to train so should be really popular. Hey Bradders!!

Just one point though The Villa Concha is in Pinaret not Llenaire
Sparky and gemmakate like this.
Old 25-04-2014, 14:43
Super Moderator

Someone told me that the new pool is heated and has ....... underwater cameras .
debz1 and lollipop like this.
Old 25-04-2014, 18:28

Oops sorry debs! I have never got to grips with Pinaret/Llenaire! Is Pinaret nearer to town? Always wonder when looking in agents windows!
We dipped a toe and the pools were warmer than at the playa mar (just tepid instead of freezing... not bath like!) so we think they were heated and the new pool at the front looks very high tech, almost Olympic (although not quite in size according to my husband).
Very good to hear of another establishment opening year round. We always used to visit in November from Birmingham and stay very reasonably at The Daina, miss those days!
And if only places like the playa Mar stayed open (amazing indoor spa... Post coming shortly) with entertainment for children, people could have lovely winter hols (so much better weather than uk usually) going to restaurants and sitting outside in establishments offering such better value than in the Uk.
Old 25-04-2014, 18:29

Just realised that you said UNDER water cameras sparky!! Yikes!!
scouse mark likes this.
Old 25-04-2014, 18:39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmakate View Post
Just realised that you said UNDER water cameras sparky!! Yikes!!
Yes that was my reaction too but apparently they will be aiming for the serious athletic/fitness types and the cameras are for them to be able help people improve on their swimming technique .
gemmakate likes this.
Old 25-04-2014, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
yes that was my reaction too but apparently they will be aiming for the serious athletic/fitness types and the cameras are for them to be able help people improve on their wimming technique :d.
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-04-2014, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmakate View Post
Oops sorry debs! I have never got to grips with Pinaret/Llenaire! Is Pinaret nearer to town? Always wonder when looking in agents windows!
We dipped a toe and the pools were warmer than at the playa mar (just tepid instead of freezing... not bath like!) so we think they were heated and the new pool at the front looks very high tech, almost Olympic (although not quite in size according to my husband).
Very good to hear of another establishment opening year round. We always used to visit in November from Birmingham and stay very reasonably at The Daina, miss those days!
And if only places like the playa Mar stayed open (amazing indoor spa... Post coming shortly) with entertainment for children, people could have lovely winter hols (so much better weather than uk usually) going to restaurants and sitting outside in establishments offering such better value than in the Uk.

Yes Gemma, Pinaret is nearer to town by about a 10/15 minute walk
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-04-2014, 22:42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Yes Gemma, Pinaret is nearer to town by about a 10/15 minute walk
Easy staggering distance eh!! Debz .
debz1 and gemmakate like this.
Old 25-04-2014, 23:58

We have an apartment in the street behind so it is great to see further investment into the Pinaret area. An all year round hotel with shops and facilities will be very good for us all I am sure.
debz1, lollipop and rioja like this.
Old 27-04-2014, 19:54

Pinaret is a spot On área. Villa Concha a lovely little apartotel, but cant believe guests aré putting up with all the building work posh pool or no posh pool
Old 27-04-2014, 21:02

spent one lovely holiday at villa concha with friends with our bluebells and theirs when they were wee

any snaps of the new villa concha now, tar!
Old 27-04-2014, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioja View Post
Pinaret is a spot On área. Villa Concha a lovely little apartotel, but cant believe guests aré putting up with all the building work posh pool or no posh pool
Is work still going on rioja? I presumed by gemma's post the work had finished, despite my worries when we were out in March.
Old 27-04-2014, 21:17

Hi Rioja.
Re: guests putting up with building work; The majority of building work went on last winter, the pool was mainly constructed through november/December. It's now all complet, apart from the finishing touches to the frontage which I believe are shop units and an almost completely finished bike store.
So no guests had to put up with building work.
Local residents would have to though through the winter (as my parents did) but as MAG says, an all year round hotel and shops in the vicinity can only be a good thing for the area.
debz1 and Sparky like this.
Old 27-04-2014, 22:36
Super Moderator

I don't want anyone to be put off visiting Villa Concha, it is a well known fact that all building work has to end on 1st May .
gemmakate likes this.