Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37

Default Apartments Daina

My wife and I with two children (6/4yrs) are currently staying in the Apartment Daina which are set just behind the main hotel for 11 nights half board.
We are in a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartment has big a main bedroom with double bed and wardrobes, then a large bathroom with sink, toilet and walkin shower (no bathtub though) as the kids don't like showers we have been able to use 'grandad and grandmas bath in the hotel. The lounge/kitchen/2nd bedroom which is a sofa bed is more cramped but still suitable and usable. The balcony facing the road is very tiny. There is a little terrace out the back but this is really a route for people staying in the room next door to pass through which is a little strange.
The apartments are very modern, clean but I feel that the space could be utilised more. In the bathroom there is room under and at the side of the sink for storage, in the bedroom again there are spaces where storage could be made and still look spacious, where the lounge/kitchen/2nd bedroom is very crammed when the sofa bed is down (which it more or less needs to be all the time) but is more roomy when the sofa bed is up.
As a one bedroom apartment for a couple it's perfect, it works as a two bedroom (sofa bed) but is more crammed (but as a base is perfect) balcony isn't really usable.
As a guest at the apartments you are able to use the hotels facilities. Breakfast and evening meal are in the hotel resturant which is very modern again.
Breakfast is superb set out as a Buffett with a silly amount of selection, hot English type breakfast with continental cold meats, fruit, croissants/pan o'chocolate etc, yogurts, cheese, cereals, tea coffee and juices. Too much choice! (I'm not complaining)
Evening meal consists of soup for a starter with a selection of cold salad selection, 3 to 4 hot choices of meat/fish, cooked mediterainan veg a choice of cold meats. For dessert there are 3 or 4 choices and ice cream. Again a very good selection. The service from the staff is very very good, with the matre d keeping things in ship shape!
The hotel is very clean and the staff are very efficient and will assist with anything you ask.
The only downside is the pool area is not ready. The whole area needs to be set up again (fencing set up, electric lights/bar area working, beds set out, pool cleaned and topped up!) As the hotel has been taking guests as from last Friday 28th march 2014 then in my eyes the pool area should be ready and in working order. In know it's the start of the season but that's not the point. I've even said to my wife that I would clean the pool with a net if they had one visable.
The location is perfect, everything is clean, the staff are great and when the pool area is sorted then everything would be more or less spot on.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20
Super Moderator

The reason the pool area is not ready could be because it suffered a fair bit of damage over the winter.
lollipop likes this.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:51

Could be, the pool just needs a clean and top up and beds putting out. Even if the bar and seating area isn't open the pool area should be.
I've just walked down to villa concha and their pool area is imaculate, however there is A LOT of work being done at the moment.
On a day like today I would 'crack on' with putting beds out and sprucing up the pool:-)
Old 03-04-2014, 12:04

Enjoyed your post sunshine drive.
I do agree with you that it's a shame that the pool isn't open, even for sunbathing. As sparky said, they really did suffer a lot of wind damage there over winter (the perimeter fence was blown away, lights smashed etc) so that maybe what's caused the delay.
In years past we have stayed at the Diana over Easter and it has always been open but if it's any consolation the pool is always freezing cold and we've never been able to brave it until mid summer!
Hope it doesn't stop you having a lovely break anyway.
I'm just in the process of booking accommodation for next week and villa concha is probably where we will plump for. So I'm just querying your comment that the pool is immaculate there - but there is a lot of work going on. Do you mean at the villa concha, or in general around the resort?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmakate View Post
Enjoyed your post sunshine drive.
I do agree with you that it's a shame that the pool isn't open, even for sunbathing. As sparky said, they really did suffer a lot of wind damage there over winter (the perimeter fence was blown away, lights smashed etc) so that maybe what's caused the delay.
In years past we have stayed at the Diana over Easter and it has always been open but if it's any consolation the pool is always freezing cold and we've never been able to brave it until mid summer!
Hope it doesn't stop you having a lovely break anyway.
I'm just in the process of booking accommodation for next week and villa concha is probably where we will plump for. So I'm just querying your comment that the pool is immaculate there - but there is a lot of work going on. Do you mean at the villa concha, or in general around the resort?
Thanks in advance.
Hi gemmakate. My apartment is just round the corner from the Villa Concha and I clarify that there is indeed a lot of work going on there. They are building a health complex along the entire length of the front of the building, and when we were there 2 weeks ago you could barely see the entrance to the VC. I commented to my husband how I couldn't imagine it would be finished before the Easter hols. I don't mean to alarm you but I would consider checking with your agents before you book. Having said that the interior of the complex should be unaffected. My concerns would be the noise factor from drills etc and also the place looking like a building site from the outside.
Old 03-04-2014, 13:11

Yes, there is a lot of work going on. We almost booked villa concha but I'm glad we didn't (sorry) it will be great when it is all completed but at the moment it's crazy.
Old 03-04-2014, 13:20

Thanks debz and sunshine for your replies.
I've just reread the email I had from the hotel yesterday confirming that the works would certainly be completed by April 15th!
I was keen to try it As we really like that spot (lucky you debz!) and the facilities for the children look great.
I'm all in a quandary now!
Old 03-04-2014, 15:00

There were a lot of builders working at concha, the new pool was built and tiled so I presume needs water in, the cycle room seemed close to finishing so maybe most if the main work will be finished and they will be just putting the finishing touches to it? In two weeks you may be ok. Like I said the main pool area/kids pool were all set out fine. I'm sure you'll be ok
Old 03-04-2014, 15:48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinedrive View Post
There were a lot of builders working at concha, the new pool was built and tiled so I presume needs water in, the cycle room seemed close to finishing so maybe most if the main work will be finished and they will be just putting the finishing touches to it? In two weeks you may be ok. Like I said the main pool area/kids pool were all set out fine. I'm sure you'll be ok
So their pool is not useable either!.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-04-2014 at 15:51.
Old 03-04-2014, 15:58

That's how I read it Sparky, but he said the main pool area was fine, I assumed they are having a new pool built in the new spa area!!

On island time!!
Old 03-04-2014, 16:25
Super Moderator

I don't know SWS.... i am confused.com .
Old 03-04-2014, 16:28

quick question as I am also confused are we or are not allowed on the forum to name accomodation ..... I remember a post from August 2013 where Simon had to remove the name of where he stayed ....... clarification please .....Thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 16:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
quick question as I am also confused are we or are not allowed on the forum to name accomodation ..... I remember a post from August 2013 where Simon had to remove the name of where he stayed ....... clarification please .....Thanks
Simon's post was about a "Private Rental" which is why the name was removed.
Sunshinedrive is talking about an Aparthotel.

I hope that clarifies it for you Tiggy .
Old 03-04-2014, 16:40

For clarification, the main pools and children's pools at the Villa concha are now open and as sunshine drive said... "Are immaculate".
However, over the winter the Villa Concha has built a huge new heated pool at the front of their Aparthotel, an inside spa pool and a high-tech looking cycle storage area, I suppose to appeal to the cycling tourist market (who knows, they may even stay open year round!?)
The new developments looked far from finished in January but having seen it advertised at a good price (and knowing the exisiting pools are very good for kids) I emailed the hotel directly to be told that by our arrival date (15th April) that they would be completely finished.
As we haven't paid any deposit yet, I'm now wondering whether to go elsewhere! The thought of any building noise puts me off.
The Puerto Azul and Playa Mar are all offering similar deals over the Easter break!
Sparky likes this.
Old 03-04-2014, 16:45

Sorry for any confusion, the 'new pool' at the front isn't complete but the childrens pool and normal pools were perfect!
Sparky likes this.