Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Sis Pins-is It Open? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/10910-sis-pins-open.html)

jelh59 02-01-2014 22:38

Sis Pins-is It Open?

Just wondered if Sis Pins has remained open have tried to book on their web site but it's saying no availability yet Alpha Rooms accepting bookings!

ragdollabbi 02-01-2014 22:47

Have had a look at their site and they do appear to be accepting bookings although I did try out of season dates:) When are you trying to book for?

jelh59 02-01-2014 22:58

Thanks for reply was looking at this month had read some where they intended to remain open all winter

Sparky 02-01-2014 22:58

Yes they are definitely open and judging by the amount of people walking down towards it late last night i would say they are quite busy :D.

jelh59 02-01-2014 23:00

Thanks sparky have e-mailed so will wait a reply maybe they are full!

ragdollabbi 02-01-2014 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelh59 (Post 91077)
Thanks sparky have e-mailed so will wait a reply maybe they are full!

Does look as if they are full doesn't it....going by their website anyway:)

Lorenzo 03-01-2014 01:39

Hotel Sis Pins

When I needed a room at the Sis Pins in September, I contacted them via their Faceobook profile and got an answer back within an hour confirming availability. Hope you get something sorted out! It's a lovely hotel!

jelh59 07-01-2014 23:50

Just a short note to say managed to book online just awaiting confirmation and yes they are definitely open for business!
Thanks for the replies

Nick 08-01-2014 12:33

They were definitely open from the 22nd December to the 1st January when we were in the port and, as Sparky says, both the hotel and Cappuccino bar were very busy. I could see only one room on the front possibly(?) not occupied.

We used the Cappuccino bar many times during our stay and it was great. Extremely well located for us and very warm and inviting. I really hope both business's do well enough to be able to stay open for next winter as well. What an asset to PP they are.

kate1 08-01-2014 17:01

They certainly told us in October that this season they were staying open all year round, I think for the first time.

Nickpaulanoah, I totally agree about Cappuccino, although I did have reservations when it first opened (based entirely on price!) - but to be able to sit at the water's edge, being served by such lovely waiters in such a glamorous setting - it's worth every euro! And we've also sat on the terrace on really chilly evenings as they have extremely effective heaters.

Nick 08-01-2014 21:47

I agree re alcohol and food prices being higher than elsewhere, although their coffee is really nice and not expensive, but I use it now and again and just have one cocktail or a couple of beers, thereby equalling itself out over the course of a holiday.

As Kate says, it's the setting and smartness of the place for me and the two lads serving and their manager were so friendly and helpful. As you can tell, I'm such a fan of the place!!

stevebrass 17-01-2014 21:23

Sis Pins here we come. Just booked a sea view terrace room for late August early September.

jelh59 19-01-2014 21:03

We stayed in the Sis Pins last week was extremely quiet, most of the time there were only 12 guests two staff members did a great job of looking after everything, the only thing we missed was being able to have a glass of wine or cup of coffee at the hotel but not a deal breaker. The rates for single rooms were a real bargain and although we paid for sea view balcony rooms think everyone was given one regardless!
I hope the hotel manages to make a success of it's all year round opening

JMD40 21-01-2014 20:06

Sis Pins remains open but I think its rather unfortunate that Cappuccino have decided to close as this was giving the life and service that the Hotel and the area needs in the winter months.
Sis Pins do hope to remain open again next winter and its important to support the hotel, especially the people who regularly complain that all the hotels close in the winter!

gers1873 21-01-2014 23:56

sis pins is deffo open for business just booked our spring break good price too

sparks, tell the wee man april is northern month !

in addition mrs gers will be performing penny arcade, mrs celtic will be performing peals a singer and the bluebells will be performing proud mary lol

pescador2009 22-01-2014 13:56

.........and 'you' gers..... any special performance?

gers1873 22-01-2014 20:13

fraid not P my last public singing performance landed me in court oooft!

mike_dublin 20-02-2014 09:45

Online edition (20/02/14) from Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:

Pollensa hotel shows the way and will open again next Winter -
By Jason Moore

Pollensa.—The British owned, Hotel Sis Pins, in Puerto Pollensa made headline news last Autumn when they announced that they would be bucking the trend in Majorca and staying open for the Winter.

It was a risky move, especially when you take into account that almost 80 percent of hotels on the island closed this Winter. Even some travel bosses said that Majorca was not a Winter holiday destination.

But Sis Pins and co-owner Geoff Hopkins proved the gloom-mongers wrong and announced yesterday that their gamble had paid off and they had enjoyed a good Winter with a good level of occupancy.

I can tell you that we will be opening again next Winter and we are already taking bookings,” said Geoff Hopkins yesterday.

Nick 20-02-2014 14:17

Well done Mr. Hopkins. An Englishman leading the way! It just backs my theory that Mallorca can be a year round destination if businesses are prepared to gamble.

Illa d'or, Miramar, Daina et al are you watching?!

fil6699 20-02-2014 15:07

Its all very well but if you cannot get a flight to go out then the Hotels are just banging heads against walls, From the end of October to April almost no flights from the north of England, And indeed MOST Airports outside London NO Fights at all. Palma Airport and the Spanish Government need to get their act together and reduce landing fees etc for Winter use. It would then make it viable for the airlines to Fly during the winter months. Imagine how busy Mr Hopkins would be then :)

Nick 20-02-2014 21:03

It's a case of the "chicken and the egg". Do the airlines lay on flights without hotels being open or do the hotels etc. open with a view to airlines then noting this and putting on flights to meet the demand?

At least there are some flights to Mallorca.

gers1873 20-02-2014 22:04

yes its not easy in winter months for those of us in the deep end, always plenty EJ flights from LPL though not a million miles from Scotland, all north England or the Midlands either

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME ;)

Sparky 20-02-2014 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 92150)
It's a case of the "chicken and the egg". Do the airlines lay on flights without hotels being open or do the hotels etc. open with a view to airlines then noting this and putting on flights to meet the demand?

At least there are some flights to Mallorca.

Yes there are always some flights but if you live in Cornwall, Devon, Ireland, Scotland or Wales you have no chance :(.

animagic21 21-02-2014 13:06

Or Dorset Sparky! Really missing our Bournemouth flight. Luckily normal service resuming at the beginning of April.

El Gordo 21-02-2014 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by gers1873 (Post 92152)
yes its not easy in winter months for those of us in the deep end, always plenty EJ flights from LPL though not a million miles from Scotland, all north England or the Midlands either

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME ;)

Hmmmm Bony Scotland!!!!

Might get harder to travel when you get independence... .visas.. .Passports... .currency conversion etc :rolleyes:

gers1873 21-02-2014 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 92167)
Hmmmm Bony Scotland!!!!

Might get harder to travel when you get independence... .visas.. .Passports... .currency conversion etc :rolleyes:

nae chance EG we're al brits throo n throo up here, rule Britannia :D

CathB 22-02-2014 00:19

So far we are lucky..flights from Bristol 2/3 times a week in winter..ok its nearly a 2 hour drive but better than nothing :)

Lorenzo 22-02-2014 11:11

Yes, great flights from Bristol with Easyjet.....they were both completely full when I travelled earlier this month.
Other airlines should take note!

ragdollabbi 22-02-2014 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorenzo (Post 92179)
Yes, great flights from Bristol with Easyjet.....they were both completely full when I travelled earlier this month.
Other airlines should take note!

Perhaps it's Easyjet who should take note and put flights on from airports in north of England and Scotland.....that would certainly help everyone:)

gers1873 22-02-2014 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 92180)
Perhaps it's Easyjet who should take note and put flights on from airports in north of England and Scotland.....that would certainly help everyone:)

RDA, EJ fly from LPL all year round not a million miles from us in west central Scotland TBH

we often fly from there even when flights are avail from GLA and EDN due to pricing, first flight in morning usually around 6.30 in morning so ideal for an early run down m74/m6 when roads are quiet

our eldest daughter has often joined us during our stay and gone home that way too in from PP, flying from LPL via train from Glasgow central changes at wigan I think though but she said its no bother minutes to wait for train on west coast main line

train from wigan to Liverpool then bus to airport

where theres a will theres a way ;)

ragdollabbi 22-02-2014 22:13

Gers, that's ok if going for a week or more - we are going from LPL in October for 8 days and flew back into LPL last October as well......got a flight out from GLA. If only going for a weekend it is a bit of a hassle though whereas if the flights were available from GLA or EDI (at the right price of course) people would be more inclined to go to Mallorca for a short break. We have no problems travelling to MAN, LPL or NCL but I know of lots of people who, if they don't get a flight from either EDI or GLA would never consider travelling at all;)

Sorry this is probably going a bit off thread now isn't it:)

gers1873 22-02-2014 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 92182)
Gers, that's ok if going for a week or more - we are going from LPL in October for 8 days and flew back into LPL last October as well......got a flight out from GLA. If only going for a weekend it is a bit of a hassle though whereas if the flights were available from GLA or EDI (at the right price of course) people would be more inclined to go to Mallorca for a short break. We have no problems travelling to MAN, LPL or NCL but I know of lots of people who, if they don't get a flight from either EDI or GLA would never consider travelling at all;)

Sorry this is probably going a bit off thread now isn't it:)

you're rite RDA more flights should be avail from GLA EDN PIK in winter but they're not I'm afraid

we went from LPL last xmas was loads from Glasgow in check in line kids too long jaunt

need to petition EJ for this year, wouldn't fly RA again from PIK man who owns its a midden shocking service

roig cat 21-05-2014 22:21

Booked Sis Pins for November but just had an email to cancel the booking as they are closed from 10th Nov to 12th Dec 2014 to carry out repairs on the roof!
A bit disappointed but booked Mar Calma instead. Hoping to try Sis Pins in 2015!

Sparky 03-07-2014 10:40

This from the Majorca Daily Bulletin today.

Quote:

British hotelier planning the way for winter tourism already.

By Humphrey Carter

Last year, the owners of the Hotel Sis Pins in Puerto Pollensa made a last minute decision to stay open all through winter and it worked, so they are doing it again.

Palma.— But this time around, it is a whole different ball game, Managing Partner Geoff Hopkins told the Bulletin yesterday.
“Last year, we made the decision just two weeks before we were due to close, so we left ourselves with little or no time to promote what we were doing.
“However, it proved a great success, we were busy all winter and that is why we are doing it again this coming year.
“And, this time, we’re are better prepared.
“Yesterday, we signed a deal with the UK tour operators Cosmos. It is part of the Monarch Group so they’ve got the flights, at least four per week from Great Britain to Palma and then a possible service from Leeds taking off at the beginning of February.

fil6699 03-07-2014 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 96007)
This from the Majorca Daily Bulletin today.

I read this this morning and my first thought was Geoff Hopkins should be made LORD MAYOR of PP what an inspiration.
A privately owned company has bucked the trend and now got a tour company to come on board which will now mean winter flights from The north of England to PP and more flights from the South.
please all stand and give that man and his company a round of applause he and his company has achieved what all the other Hotels have said for years was not Possible . And for years now on the 30th of October have put up the shutters an ran to the hills until April/May.
PP has much to offer in the winter as Geoff Hopkins says and he has proved the adage IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME.
Now lets see the rest wake up and follow his lead and the Airlines and the Airport to give Airlines a winter deal on Landing fees ETC
Next time you walk down the front, we should all call into the Sis Pins and shake Mr Geoff Hopkins by the hand and pat him on the back :)