Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Sis Pins-is It Open? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/10910-sis-pins-open.html)

jelh59 02-01-2014 22:38

Sis Pins-is It Open?

Just wondered if Sis Pins has remained open have tried to book on their web site but it's saying no availability yet Alpha Rooms accepting bookings!

ragdollabbi 02-01-2014 22:47

Have had a look at their site and they do appear to be accepting bookings although I did try out of season dates:) When are you trying to book for?

jelh59 02-01-2014 22:58

Thanks for reply was looking at this month had read some where they intended to remain open all winter

Sparky 02-01-2014 22:58

Yes they are definitely open and judging by the amount of people walking down towards it late last night i would say they are quite busy :D.

jelh59 02-01-2014 23:00

Thanks sparky have e-mailed so will wait a reply maybe they are full!

ragdollabbi 02-01-2014 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelh59 (Post 91077)
Thanks sparky have e-mailed so will wait a reply maybe they are full!

Does look as if they are full doesn't it....going by their website anyway:)

Lorenzo 03-01-2014 01:39

Hotel Sis Pins

When I needed a room at the Sis Pins in September, I contacted them via their Faceobook profile and got an answer back within an hour confirming availability. Hope you get something sorted out! It's a lovely hotel!

jelh59 07-01-2014 23:50

Just a short note to say managed to book online just awaiting confirmation and yes they are definitely open for business!
Thanks for the replies

Nick 08-01-2014 12:33

They were definitely open from the 22nd December to the 1st January when we were in the port and, as Sparky says, both the hotel and Cappuccino bar were very busy. I could see only one room on the front possibly(?) not occupied.

We used the Cappuccino bar many times during our stay and it was great. Extremely well located for us and very warm and inviting. I really hope both business's do well enough to be able to stay open for next winter as well. What an asset to PP they are.

kate1 08-01-2014 17:01

They certainly told us in October that this season they were staying open all year round, I think for the first time.

Nickpaulanoah, I totally agree about Cappuccino, although I did have reservations when it first opened (based entirely on price!) - but to be able to sit at the water's edge, being served by such lovely waiters in such a glamorous setting - it's worth every euro! And we've also sat on the terrace on really chilly evenings as they have extremely effective heaters.

Nick 08-01-2014 21:47

I agree re alcohol and food prices being higher than elsewhere, although their coffee is really nice and not expensive, but I use it now and again and just have one cocktail or a couple of beers, thereby equalling itself out over the course of a holiday.

As Kate says, it's the setting and smartness of the place for me and the two lads serving and their manager were so friendly and helpful. As you can tell, I'm such a fan of the place!!

stevebrass 17-01-2014 21:23

Sis Pins here we come. Just booked a sea view terrace room for late August early September.

jelh59 19-01-2014 21:03

We stayed in the Sis Pins last week was extremely quiet, most of the time there were only 12 guests two staff members did a great job of looking after everything, the only thing we missed was being able to have a glass of wine or cup of coffee at the hotel but not a deal breaker. The rates for single rooms were a real bargain and although we paid for sea view balcony rooms think everyone was given one regardless!
I hope the hotel manages to make a success of it's all year round opening

JMD40 21-01-2014 20:06

Sis Pins remains open but I think its rather unfortunate that Cappuccino have decided to close as this was giving the life and service that the Hotel and the area needs in the winter months.
Sis Pins do hope to remain open again next winter and its important to support the hotel, especially the people who regularly complain that all the hotels close in the winter!

gers1873 21-01-2014 23:56

sis pins is deffo open for business just booked our spring break good price too

sparks, tell the wee man april is northern month !

in addition mrs gers will be performing penny arcade, mrs celtic will be performing peals a singer and the bluebells will be performing proud mary lol