Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2013, 20:35

Default Maricel or Miramar?

Hi
Has anyone stayed at either of these recently?
Basically we need a 2 bed apt at the pine walk end, preferably with a pool/use of pool, which is quite quiet as we have a little one.
We have been to PP for the last 3 yrs running and have always used the same place but our daughter really loves the pool and it doesn't have one.
So now I'm entering the minefield of finding somewhere new. I know exactly where the miramar ones are (if they are the ones I'm thinking of opposite the back entrance/courtyard) but not so sure on the Maricel. Plus I'm worried about noise!
Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 24-11-2013, 21:39
Super Moderator

There are some posts about these apartments on this thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...penthouse.html.
Old 24-11-2013, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booble View Post
Hi
Has anyone stayed at either of these recently?
Basically we need a 2 bed apt at the pine walk end, preferably with a pool/use of pool, which is quite quiet as we have a little one.
We have been to PP for the last 3 yrs running and have always used the same place but our daughter really loves the pool and it doesn't have one.
So now I'm entering the minefield of finding somewhere new. I know exactly where the miramar ones are (if they are the ones I'm thinking of opposite the back entrance/courtyard) but not so sure on the Maricel. Plus I'm worried about noise!
Any help would be appreciated!
We have stayed at the Maricel for the last 2 years having previously always stayed at the Miramar Hotel

We stay at the Maricel 1 and I'm pretty certain the Maricel 2 are right next door directly opposite the hotel courtyard. The Miramar apartments are just round the corner and up the road

We always have a road apartment and previously had a room at the hotel with road view. We always close the windows and sleep with the aircon on - never hear a thing!!

Don't think you will go wrong with any of the apartments
Old 24-11-2013, 21:58

Hi
Thank you for your replies. We are leaning towards the Maricel 1 overlooking the pool. Hope I'm leaning the right way
X
Old 24-11-2013, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booble View Post
Hi
Thank you for your replies. We are leaning towards the Maricel 1 overlooking the pool. Hope I'm leaning the right way
X
Remember that the Maricel 1 are one bedroom apartments
Old 24-11-2013, 22:38

loads of options for apts with pools for young ones (from experience in years gone by)

daina apts, use pool at daina
pollensa mar apts, small pool at front
villa concha, good pool and plenty other kids (ok not pine walk end)
illa do'r apts, lovely pool but quite expensive worth it though
flora apts, again plenty other kids
loads of apts in bellresguard with private or communal pools
or book an apt further up pine walk and use laguna pool

just depends what you're after
Old 25-11-2013, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni Man View Post
Remember that the Maricel 1 are one bedroom apartments
Doh! Thanks for that
Old 25-11-2013, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
loads of options for apts with pools for young ones (from experience in years gone by)

daina apts, use pool at daina
pollensa mar apts, small pool at front
villa concha, good pool and plenty other kids (ok not pine walk end)
illa do'r apts, lovely pool but quite expensive worth it though
flora apts, again plenty other kids
loads of apts in bellresguard with private or communal pools
or book an apt further up pine walk and use laguna pool

just depends what you're after
Thank you!
Stayed at the Bellresguard 3 yrs ago and it was heaven but out of our price range this year sadly. Same for the Illa D'or
Flora seems a little too noisy - want the community aspect for our daughter without it being too full on! I know I'm fussy!
Mirimar emailed me today but with higher prices than the website!
Confused!

Last edited by Booble; 25-11-2013 at 22:05. Reason: Typo
Old 26-11-2013, 18:54

our personal choice when kids were wee was pollensa mar apts as only a few apts in the block and pool never busy and always had the bonanza as it was then right next door for snacks, meals, bigger pool, more kids for ours to play with etc never failed
Old 27-11-2013, 17:11

We stayed at the Miramar apartments last year and can def. recommend they were in a small block of apartments two on each floor plus the penthouse (not sure if there are one or two on this floor). Even though we had to walk around the corner to use the pool at the Maricel the apartment was very spacious with balcony front and back. The back balcony overlooked the Miramar pool with the Maricel pool beyond. I have stayed at the Flora, the Bellresguard and visited friends at Puerto Azul and villa Concha over the years. Without a doubt the Miramar was my favourite in the price range, my ideal would always be a villa with a pool but when the funds do not stretch that far the Miramar would be my next choice. We had a proper kitchen rather than just a small work surface as well as a full size fridge and just more space in general. I also prefer the quieter pool (no entertainment) plus even in the school holidays there were not lots of children in the pool. My grandson loved it and is already asking to go back.
Old 30-11-2013, 13:06

Thanks everyone but unfortunately it's a mute point now- they have no availability at all
I'm gutted! So back to the drawing board for us!
Old 16-12-2013, 10:18

Booble, Its probably because they have given almost all their self catering accomodation to Thomson Holidays.
The Daina Apartments and the Pollensamar Apartments are excellent options.

Last edited by pollensa; 16-12-2013 at 12:57.
Old 16-12-2013, 13:26
Founder

Have you tried looking at Thomson - click on the link to our booking options for the Miramar puertopollensa.com/hotels_apartments_pollensa.html#miramar & select the link to Thomson Holidays. They appear to offer the hotel & apartments as either a package with flights or hotel only. So it may not be booked up just 'reserved' by Thomson.
Old 26-12-2013, 13:11

Thanks JMD40 and Pollensa.
I tried out your advice but unfortunately they only offer 1 bed apts not 2 bed as we require.
It's not much fun all being in one room!
I'll keep hunting
Old 27-12-2013, 08:31

Default What about Casa Pena apartments

The Mirimar also have another apartment called Casa Pena directly facing the sea.

This is a three bedroom apartment and is cleaned by the hotel staff on a daily basis. You also get the use of the swimming pool at the Maricel round the corner. We never used it as the sea was too inviting and nothing better than sitting in your balcony at night glass of wine in hand watching the world go by.

Scotslizzy