Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 19:26

Default Accommodation with flexible dates - Summer 14

Hi

I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice. We are a party of 9 (4 adults, 4 kids + 1 infant) travelling 31st July to 10th August 2014. We are hoping to finding accommodation in Puerto Pollensa and are really interested in accommodation such as the Belleresguarde - large apartments with either a private pool or use of a pool. We are also interested in villas but they are frequently out of our budget or booked.

We rather naively booked our flights without thinking about changeover days as we've previously stayed in hotels and this hasn't been a problem. We seem to be drawing a real blank with our searches for this reason - including on this site as some show availability but are not available or we have not had a reply.

Can anyone suggest any known apartments/ villas with flexibility or different areas of Puerto Pollensa to try or even 2 apartments next to each other?! We are getting a bit panicked!!

Any help would be fantastic!

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 10:07

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobymoo View Post
Hi

I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice. We are a party of 9 (4 adults, 4 kids + 1 infant) travelling 31st July to 10th August 2014. We are hoping to finding accommodation in Puerto Pollensa and are really interested in accommodation such as the Belleresguarde - large apartments with either a private pool or use of a pool. We are also interested in villas but they are frequently out of our budget or booked.

We rather naively booked our flights without thinking about changeover days as we've previously stayed in hotels and this hasn't been a problem. We seem to be drawing a real blank with our searches for this reason - including on this site as some show availability but are not available or we have not had a reply.

Can anyone suggest any known apartments/ villas with flexibility or different areas of Puerto Pollensa to try or even 2 apartments next to each other?! We are getting a bit panicked!!

Any help would be fantastic!

Thank you
Try JD40 of 'Parasol Holidays' who advertise on this site. Jan recently said she would have some villas with other entry dates (that is not Saturdays).

PS you will need to post twice in order to receive personal emails (PM's) from anyone who may be able to help you.
Sparky and JMD40 like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:19
Super Moderator

Scoobymoo, welcome to the forum.
You will find Parasol Property Rentals and many other local agents here Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca but as Luckyone says you need to post again before you will be able to send and receive private messages from people who may be able to help you .
JMD40 likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15

Freelanceholidays allow you to arrive and depart whenever as long as you stay 5 days or more. They have villas sleeping 8 (Im sure infant will be accommodated) worth having a look on their website, they also have apartments.
Old 09-11-2013, 15:48

Thanks for the info - I will try these! Thanks for the tip re posting too - does this count or do I have to create a new post?!
Sparky likes this.
Old 09-11-2013, 19:53

scoobymoo,

it can often be a long drawn out process but just go to the apartments section, check availibility on your dates, if the apartment is free on the dates send a message to the owner/agent even if say sat - sat changeover

has worked for us in the past
pollensa and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 10-11-2013, 14:17

The Miramar/Maricel apartments booked direct through their website allow you to have flexible dates. They have a pool area but their apartments are 2 bed as the largest so you would need a couple. They are very central.
Old 11-11-2013, 13:06

Thank you, I'll take a look!
Old 11-11-2013, 13:41
Founder

Another option is to take an apt Sat-Sat & then have a night or so in a hotel before & afterwards. We have done this in the past to take advantage of cheaper flights & it was an opportunity to see another part of the island.
lollipop, Nick and Bootledodger like this.
Old 11-11-2013, 20:04

Thanks for the tip Pollensa. I think because we are travelling with young children, it would be less upheaval to stay in one place - I can't face the idea of packing them up 3 times!!

Does anyone know if the Miramar apartments have any shared gardens? If we did have separate apartments, we would really want to be able to sit out together in the evenings when the kids are in bed, rather than retire to our separate apartments....

I've tried contacting a few on here directly but no luck yet
Old 11-11-2013, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Another option is to take an apt Sat-Sat & then have a night or so in a hotel before & afterwards. We have done this in the past to take advantage of cheaper flights & it was an opportunity to see another part of the island.
you're absolutely correct P great advice

we stayed once in a 4/5 star hotel in palma for one night before arriving in PP, got a good deal on it, for the life of me cant remember the name of it was down by the seafront marina

very posh in the evening at dinner all the men wore pink ralf lauren polos, brown shoes, fawn chinos and tied their sweaters round their shoulders, women all looked like helen mirren (you all know the look come on )

was lovely though and a nice wee change to a charge straight up the motorway to PP

Last edited by gers1873; 11-11-2013 at 22:33.
Old 17-11-2013, 10:40

Sorry, me again! Thanks for all of the advice so far! We have explored the hotel/ apartment option but as we are booked Thurs to Sunday and most changeovers are Saturday to Saturday, it would mean moving twice which is a bit too much upheaval as we have quite young children.

I have contacted several owners on here and other websites direct but anywhere with a flexible changeover and enough rooms for all of us has been snapped up. I'm kicking myself for booking the flights first but last year when we stayed in a hotel, the flights went up in price very quickly so we snapped them up this year!!

Anyway, enough of my sob story! The option we are hoping to explore now is the possibility of 2 groundfloor apartments together so that we can sit outside together at night - potentially even an aparthotel. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of anything?! We did look at the Miramar and it's definitely an option but we are a bit worried that the apartments won't be next to each other.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Old 17-11-2013, 10:51
Super Moderator

Have a look here :- Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca.

Duva, Habitat and Flora are all listed and i am sure they would be able to help with your needs .
Old 17-11-2013, 11:18

Scoobymoo, I tend to agree with Sparky, I'm sure if you contacted the aparthotels directly and make them aware of your requirements they would be more than happy to accommodate you in 2 apartments together, especially where there are young children. Good luck in your search
Old 17-11-2013, 20:33

We stayed in Miramar apartments from Thursday to a Sunday 10 nights there were 8 of us and although they were fairly basic they were very clean and comfortable. We requested adjoining apartments which we received, we happily left the door open between the two apartments and took chairs over to share one balcony, would not leave a child alone even across the corridor but when my young grandson was tired he lay on the sofa until we carried him back across to ours. The pool was very good shared with the Maricel and even in August was not too crowded. Would definitely recommend these although I am not sure if they will allow five it may be worth checking with the Miramar hotel. We have previously stayed at the Flora but as far as I am aware they are all one bedrooms and not anywhere near as spacious as the Miramar.