Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2013, 15:55

Default Anyone stayed in Villa La Baracca?

Hi all. I have never been to PP before and am a bit torn between there and Pollensa town. The villas near the port are rather expensive. The problem we have is that we may decide to invite a couple of friends and one other but won't decide until nearer the time. This means that we need a 2-3 bed villa we can afford between the two of us if we do decide to go on our own. I don't want to spend more than £1000 a week as if its between two anymore than that would be silly money to spend on a Balearic island. (We will be going in June.)

I've found a villa called La Baracca which is good value. Has anyone been there or can anyone recommend somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2013, 16:05
Super Moderator

Have a browse through these links :-

Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca Holidays - Travel Companies

Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca
Old 17-07-2013, 16:14

Hi Wanny,

Do take a look at the villas on this site under private villas/apts to rent. You will have a good choice and will be able to get a feel for the rental prices plus you can contact the owner directly to ask any questions about the property and it's situation.
There are many good rental agents too if you prefer.

The Balearic Islands and especially Pollensa offers much to a holiday maker and caters for all tastes. Many who visit Pollensa return year after year. It is a wonderful place offering excellent value for money.

I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy your holiday and return again as so many others do.

Last edited by eleanor; 17-07-2013 at 16:18. Reason: edited
Old 17-07-2013, 16:15

Sorry Sparky - our posts crossed!
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 16:19

Many many thanks for your swift responses. I will spend some happy hours browsing this evening. I do love the Balearics - Menorca is a favourite of mine - and can't believe that I have never yet visited Mallorca! Many moons ago I was a holiday rep in Corsica (stunningly beautiful) and was based in Calvi. Many of my guests commented that Calvi port reminded them of PP. I made a mental note to come and see for myself. That was 26 years ago!
Sparky, lollipop and eleanor like this.
Old 17-07-2013, 16:46

If you like Menorca you will love Pollensa! I have been to Corsica a few times and you are right it is beautiful BUT not as beautiful as PP! lol

Look forward to your feedback but have a feeling you are going to join the
"I love Pollensa club"!!
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 17:07

I'm sure I shall!
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 21:36

Hello Wanny,

So glad you joined the forum as I suggested, it will give you all the answers you want....hopefully someone will come along shortly that has experience of that villa. As I said , it does look beautiful.
You will fall in love with PP and all the easy accessible, beautiful surroundings. You are in for a real treat! Since I discovered it, I can't bring myself to go anywhere else. The mountains, the sea, the restaurants....the, well I could go on for ever but you must go and discover it for yourself!

Wow...Only just read Graham's post "Pinewalk".......just might entice you more!
Sparky and eleanor like this.

Last edited by favie; 17-07-2013 at 21:48.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:05

Thanks. I am liking the look of Villa La Baracca. Although my newest obstacle is convincing my OH who thinks we should go back to Frigiliana. So we are still a little torn.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:26

I'm sure once OH sees Pollensa then Frigiliana will become
a distant memory! lol
Old 18-07-2013, 12:19

I've shown him the photos and he does like it. It's deciding whether we want to go somewhere which will be much more of a tourist resort than Frig which we loved as it's so traditionally Spanish, peaceful and surrounded by stunning views. But I am thinking that it will be nice to be by a port again. (It's a milestone birthday celebration which is why we want to get it 'just right').
Old 19-07-2013, 14:05

Wanny, I was in Competa and Frig for a week earlier this year, in fact we spent New Year's eve celebration eating grapes on Competa's main square (It's a Spanish thing). I also love that area of Spain but I can reassure your other half that he will not be disappointed in the Pollensa region. You have the best of both worlds: a port, a great beach, mountains (fantastic walking), historical town with a very Spanish/Mallorcan feel and plenty of villas to choose from. The villas in the area are far more expensive than mainland Spain but if you wait until say 2 weeks before you go you can get a great deal (Not school holidays) from companies such as MFH, Vintage Travel or Sealand villas who discount heavily then. IMO Pollensa Town is more traditional than Frig and less toursty than Frig, easier to park in any case and it's far easier to get around than Andalusia, everything is near. Yes the port is touristy in the summer but the clientele are people just like you and us lot, ie discerning holiday makers
LK1960 and eleanor like this.
Old 19-07-2013, 16:18

Oh thanks for that lovely reply. I have now flip-flopped back to Pollenca!
We love all of those things you have just described.
Old 22-07-2013, 14:12

We have La Barraca booked for a week this year. We stayed in the Belleresguard complex last year in an apartment and although I couldn't fault the apartment we found the pool area (Circe) just a little too busy for us and couldn't get a sunbed some of the times we wanted to laze by it. That was our first time in Puerto Pollensa (kids' first time abroad) and we loved it, especially the pine walk area, which was a couple of minutes from the apartment.

However we are prepared to compromise on location a bit for the sake of a private pool and plumped for La Baracca which is a bit more inland. I have just emailed the agent we booked with today, Rentals Puerto Pollensa.com, as I am a bit concerned that their website has been inaccessible the last couple of days. I am hoping she can give me a simple answer as to why in order to reassure me as I have visions of no villa available when we get there! We found the villa through this site, on the Private Villas and Apartments to rent bit, so I'm sure it will be fine but it is slightly worrying!
Old 22-07-2013, 17:35

Well, Kelly from Rentalspuertopollensa.com told me that they've had to take their website completely down and that they may end up getting a new domain name for 2014 season. Not sure if it's a domain name ownership legal sort of problem or what, but she has assured me that there is no problem with our booking and I have to trust that I suppose!

Wanny, which company have you seen La Baracca with? Is it through this site?