Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 1 Post By tangofan
  • 1 Post By Luckyone
  • 1 Post By Janey
  • 2 Post By arturo22
  • 3 Post By JMD40
  • 5 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 3 Post By lovemallorca
  • 2 Post By roig cat
  • 2 Post By sunny
  • 2 Post By joelise80

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06

Default Arrival day

Hi there,
Just want to ask members view on arrival days?
I am going to change the arrival of a couple of my villas for 2014 from Saturday to a mid week.
Which day is considered best Friday or Tuesday??
Thanks for your feedback. JAN
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 09:47

Default Changeover day

Oh that is a tricky one Jan. Holiday dates for a lot of guests tend to run on a calendar week so a Saturday or Sunday changeover is logical. Prices for many flights are often hiked for a Saturday though. And travelling through Palma Airport on a Saturday in main season (especially with young children) is not a huge pleasure IMO.

However, there is huge pressure on cleaning staff to accomplish the servicing and cleaning of villas and apartments on Saturdays. Bit of a case of too many places all at the same time.

Going partly with one of your options, but I would go with Friday or Sunday changeover - or a mixture of both maybe?
JMD40, eleanor and Luckyone like this.
Old 07-10-2013, 20:31

Personally, I like to have the flexibility to travel any day and for any number of days but I can understand why this might not be cost effective for the owner as there could then be 2/3 days where the accommodation is not occupied. On the other hand if flights are cheaper midweek and there is no flexibility in the accommodation I was looking at, then I would probably look for one which did have total flexibility. Sorry I know my answer hasn't helped you but it's just my thoughts
JMD40 likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:46

We arrived and departed on a Monday this summer and it was very quiet, particular on the arrival. I think the flight was cheaper as well but can't be sure but we came with BA and it was so civilised!
JMD40 likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 16:13

Would pick Friday as more flexible/suitable for those who are working.

Monday's out of Palma Airport can be tricky if your flight also has stag/hen weekenders going home the worse for wear.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 19:01

Jan

I think that a good starting point is to look at the number of flights available each day at regional airports to Palma. Easyjet's pricing is also a good indicator of demand on each day of the week. Perhaps choose the day with the greatest number of flights to maximise the opportunities for travel of guests.

Personally I think that there is actually quite a number of people who would like to arrive on a Sunday - Especially as so many people now work on Saturday, and my find it easier to get one Saturday off, rather than two in succession.
Old 08-10-2013, 20:04

Have to say i quite like a Saturday change over day as it's easier for both of us, even though the airport is manic but my second choice would probably be Friday. Would love to wake up in the port knowing i don't have to go home because it's Saturday!! Hoping this comment makes some sense as hubby says it doesn't?? I know what i mean.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 21:31

Tuesday is good ,cheaper flights ,less busy .
debz1 and JMD40 like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:22

Thanks everyone, Most apartments and Hotels I offer have total flexibility of arrival days but with the villas it can be more complicated, especially arranging cleanings contracts etc.
I have opted for Friday and lets see how it goes.....I think it must be quiet nice to return home on a Friday and have the whole weekend free before returning to work!
Ill let you know mid season how successful this change has been.
Lorenzo, lollipop and Janey like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
Thanks everyone, Most apartments and Hotels I offer have total flexibility of arrival days but with the villas it can be more complicated, especially arranging cleanings contracts etc.
I have opted for Friday and lets see how it goes.....I think it must be quiet nice to return home on a Friday and have the whole weekend free before returning to work!
Ill let you know mid season how successful this change has been.
Lol.......you mean the whole weekend free to get the washing done, and the food shopping done before going back to work
debz1, Belladonna, JMD40 and 2 others like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Lol.......you mean the whole weekend free to get the washing done, and the food shopping done before going back to work
One of the joys of the a villa/apartment is that you can do the washing before you leave, and come back with a suitcase full of clean stuff for next time.

I dread it, 6.30pm each evening if I am by the pool, Mrs LoveMallorca comes around demanding swimwear and towels for the wash. She always times it perfectly, usually just when I have opened a bottle of beer and the temperature has dropped to "just-right"....
anne10aber, JMD40 and sunny like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 18:03

Lol I thought I was the only one who did that!

This may sound bizarre but I enjoy pegging out washing in my bikini
JMD40 and sunny like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 18:28

I always complain on last day if its cloudy and I can't get washing dry lol x
JMD40 and roig cat like this.
Old 09-10-2013, 18:36

Pegging the washing out on the roof with the fabulous view of the bay is one of my pleasures on holiday
For us any day but Saturday is preferential as change over day, although we did once come out Wednesday to Wednesday and I did miss my weekly stroll around the market
JMD40 and roig cat like this.