Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48

Default Moving posts

Have just issued a post regarding reduced speed limits.
I of couse assume that all spanish laws automatically apply to Mallorca.

Unfortunately it was moved to item 87 of speed cameras, and am sure people are not going to trawl though 86 posts to catch the important information that becomes law in 7 days.

It is not a speed camera issue, is a new law that realy should have it's own thread, and to be the first, and not be lost in a thread 86 posts long.

of course, admin can move posts around so they are lost in hundreds of posts if they wish.

I am also issuing a pic of intended road closures for the Annual Mallorca Classic Rally 10 to 12 th March held in 8 days time, ( which I am unable to attend due to the cost ) and hope that this does not get lost in a long thread, but is included here as well. I was along some of these roads this year, and hope it wil be of interest to people arriving or departing, so as not to make them late for anything.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...y-closures.jpg

Thank you for your understanding.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 13:08

Hi Ram and welcome to the forum, dont worry about posts getting lost, I think most people will use the 'New posts' button from the top menu, this lists all new posts since your last visit so you posts will show up, also most people go the last post not the first when searching, hope this helps

On island time!!
Old 02-03-2011, 13:08
Super Moderator

Ram, moderators often move posts into other threads so that related topics can be kept together and i believe a reduction in the speed limit is related to "Speed cameras and general road safety" also i did send you a PM to explain why your post was moved.
Old 02-03-2011, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Hi Ram and welcome to the forum, dont worry about posts getting lost, ? ? I think most people will use the 'New posts' button from the top menu, this lists all new posts **since your last visit** so you posts will show up, also most people go the last post not the first when searching, hope this helps
Thank you, but people looking for information for their once only / first visit to P.P. **do not make a profile for themselves**
They look, retrieve information, then go on their way.
And no good looking at the last post, of a post, as it may just be banter.

such as http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post54449 ( last post at time of writing this ) which is about winter hotels, but ends up talking about dentists -- ( Get my drift ? )
Old 02-03-2011, 18:38

I understand your point ram, but as a friendly forum which has been going many years, we do allow ourselves a bit of banter. We do usually only go "off topic" for about 3 or 4 posts - infact the dentist one was 3 - before we monitor ourselves and get back on track. If we dont do this ourselves then we can always trust the moderators to assert their authority and check the posts. On other forums I always scroll back a page or two anyway for extra information, so this one really is no different in that respect - but better in everything else!!

Also, guests can check the Todays Posts for upto date posting without having to register and then scroll back a few to check for more information. Our forum has been mentioned in other forums to check out details, so we must be doing something right!
Old 02-03-2011, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
We do usually only go "off topic" for about 3 or 4 posts - infact the dentist one was 3 - before we monitor ourselves and get back on track. been mentioned in other forums to check out details, so we must be doing something right!
Thanks. Of course banter will always be present, no problem with that at all.