Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   closed thread (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/5689-closed-thread.html)

gpm 21-02-2010 10:47

closed thread

Super Moderator,my thread was not regarding the food in tex mex . it was about the sign, which I thought was in bad taste, I take you will be happy, when one of your kids tells you to clean the **** of your shoes before coming into the house. GPM

Belladonna 21-02-2010 10:52

I agree that this thread was about the misuse of signs and not dredging up the same old same old.

debz1 21-02-2010 11:19

I totally agree as well the thread was not the 'same old, same old'. It appears that as long as we are posting about how wonderful PP is all the time that's fine but as soon as there is a negative comment about the place the thread gets closed.

Unfortunately things aren't always viewed through rose tinted specs and the place isn't perfect... but anyone who owns property in PP needs to know about this sort of thing so that the appropriate action can be taken. IMO a sign saying wipe the **** of your boots is distasteful and not the thing you would expect to see in PP or anywhere for that matter!!

Sparky 21-02-2010 11:58

I think the point Jane was trying to make is that every time Tex Mex gets mentioned on here, the debate always ends up the same, there are those who love it and those who hate it.
And then as happened on only the 4th post Bony's get dragged into it, eventually it all degenerates into a huge slanging match with members being abusive to others.
This has happened so many times in the past and not just TM and Bonys, who could forget that terrible verbal attack on Belladonna (re: Latitude) because she felt the place was not as tasteful as it was under the old management.
I haven't seen the offending sign but agree it should not be allowed to remain and if it is still there when i go back i will have a word with the powers that be.

P.S, I forgot to add that i think we all have a right to know about these things, whether we own, rent or just holiday in PP.

snowy2007 21-02-2010 12:21

Here we go again

Belladonna 21-02-2010 12:46

Snowy, seriously - thats not helping!;)

Lyn, I do agree with what you are saying re slanging matches - how could I not! But you can't go down the road of closing threads because of what "might" happen 3 or 4 posts down the thread.
Along with many other long standing members of the forum, I am sick and tired of reading about the two mentioned places, but if they are mentioned in regards to another topic then so be it.

Perhaps a warning signal, as opposed to some inflamatory comment, could be put in place for any threads that appear to wandering into the realms of unsuitability, with the closure then put in place 3 or 4 posts after that if it has not calmed back down.

As has been seen many times before, if you put a total block on peoples opinions then something huge is going to erupt somewhere!

Many of us are not in the position to see what is happening to the area out of season, and are unable to deal with or support any actions whilst back in good old UK, so we appreciate those who are on site to give us the heads up on both problems and also what is changing for the better. As you say Lyn, that goes for all of us.

Chemical Dave 21-02-2010 13:19

GPM

You beat me to it. I was going to comment on the fact that this post was also closed rather abruptly. The post related to the sign, not the establishment. If the sign was outside O lume would the post have been closed.?

A similar thing happened to my post on a drinks promotion that Bony's is running. The thrust of the post was that the promotion was irresponsible in my opinion and no establishment in PP should be running it. It got closed down when it went off track.

I see the modertators job is to keep things on track and avoid abusive comments being made not to close down every Bon'ys and Tex Mex post. Remember there are many new members on this forum who won't have a clue what all the fuss is about these places - I am not sure I do and I 've been here a year or so.

Adios

Dave

pollensa 21-02-2010 13:50

First of all the thread has only been 'halted' & not removed. The contents is still there & available for everybody to see.

Unfortunately there was already one post that had started to drag in the Tex Mex vs Bonys stuff that was completely irrelevant & sooner or later the thread may well have degenerated into insults amongst members & then directed towards the moderators. None if this achieves anything!

It is quite obvious from the thread that the general view is, & I completely agree, that the sign is offensive & completely inappropriate in a family resort. But getting worked up about on this forum will not get it removed or get any of the other issues that are regularly complained about here brought to the attention of those who can do something about it.

Therefore, I am requesting that those of you are resident or visit regularly, please can you find out WHO is the appropriate person to complain to & HOW visitors & property owners (who are council tax payers), can contact them.

We have no indication that they ever read this forum, or even use the internet, so we need to find out how best to make our views heard.

As a start, contact details for the Tourist Office are here Tourist Information - Pollensa - Mallorca Majorca, the Town Hall here Town Hall Pollença & their tourist web site is here Pollensa » TITULO.

Please post here is you have any more information on HOW to contact the appropriate authorities.

Thanks.

Rab 21-02-2010 15:12

Pollensa, it was me who posted fourth and who brought Bonys into it. I think this is totally relevant. I must admit I find the hypocrisy on this MB staggering at times. The OP was about the sign outside Tex Mex. IMO this sign (not that I have seen it) is in no way different to the sign outside Bonys across the road where it states that it is closed on Tuesdays as "The boys are getting their leg over". Both signs are absolutely tacky and again IMO have no place in PP. However.......... for some reason the Tex Mex guys is derided on here whilst any criticism of Bony gets the thread gets locked. Why?

I wouldnt venture into either TM or Bonys as IMO neither of them are assets to PP but Im not hypocritical about it.

eleanor 21-02-2010 15:36

Totally agree with all said here. Debx and Bella are completely on track and the thread was about the sign and not restaurant. As Rab says the impression given by these signs is not the impression we as owners especially want to give to those visiting PP. Just not appropriate. It is with regret I feel that the people putting up these signs feel perhaps that they are funny or keeping 'in with the in crowd' whatever that should mean. It is their way of gaining attention.

We have a right especially as owners to have an opinion and to try to keep values. It is difficult to do this alone and this is where this forum helps. As Bella said, we are not in PP often enough to keep up to date with all that is happening and it is great that through this contact we are better put in a position of acting when we believe we should.

Personally I think the signs are out of order. Perhaps when in PP enough people will complain to those responsible for them to realise that they are not clever or funny and really rather silly as well as offensive.

gpm 21-02-2010 15:58

Sparky, I see you removed a word from my reply, because it may cause offence, this is the same word in large letters on the sign of tex mex on the front of PP. I rest my case. GPM

Sparky 21-02-2010 19:19

Yes GPM and as i said in my reply it should not be allowed to remain. Unfortuneately i cannot remove it from the sign but i can remove from this forum.

gers1873 21-02-2010 21:45

dont get too worked up gpm you've still a long way to go to catch me up, every thread i start or post on gets closed

i post, one of the "favourites" dissagrees POST CLOSED !

sws97sdg 21-02-2010 21:47

Thats not true Gers

Belladonna 21-02-2010 22:27

Come on guys, this is exactly what will get things stopped. Just let it go and leave the "discussion" for something that matters, and there will be plenty of those I'm sure!