Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 19:50

That's a real dilema, one that needs a bit of thinking about.

By the way, Palma Aquarium may not advertise, but they are mentioned in the Excurstions & Days Out section, so will get referals from there as well as the forum.

Personally, I think the grade of the forum is quite acceptable at the moment, but then I'm not the best person to deal with too much new hi-tech!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2010, 19:54

Hi Pollensa,

Yes thank you that explains alot. It also helps us members understand the relevance of posting the links ourselves on the forum and/or directing appropriately as obviously every bit helps.

Personally, I like the format of the forum. I am not that technically competent. This forum I find even I can use with ease and it gives me what I want.

Last edited by eleanor; 08-02-2010 at 19:56.
Old 08-02-2010, 19:54
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
That's a real dilema, one that needs a bit of thinking about.

By the way, Palma Aquarium may not advertise, but they are mentioned in the Excurstions & Days Out section, so will get referals from there as well as the forum.

Personally, I think the grade of the forum is quite acceptable at the moment, but then I'm not the best person to deal with too much new hi-tech!
You have set me thinking Belladonna!

Re the Aquarium, there is always a balance between trying to provide comprehensive info on the site & trying to earn something. The compromise is that we do get a little commission from the No Frills trip there.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:08

The shop needs to turn itself away from the "click to earn" commission way and maybe charge more by the fixed rate advertising payment method maybe? More along the lines of the private rental method which works so well.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:19

Trouble is Bella, in these tough times companies will not pay without seeing actual results. Also there are so many sites happy to just place to fill content for free.
I have found this to be the case with a few Mallorcan sites who have approached me regarding selling my villa. They are quite happy to advertise for free just to get something on their site. = Results are something else.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:26

Thats true eleanor, but a leap of faith needs to be taken by the advertisers I suppose, in the area of knowing how many people actually look at the forum or shop, or discuss various topics, timetables, restaurants etc etc.
Perhaps by the forum adavertising to the advertisers how they are growing in numbers could tempt them to pay few euros in "sponsorship" payment?
Old 08-02-2010, 20:30

Hard one Bella - I agree with your idea. It's a case of letting the advertisers know - we are back on that good old word 'education' again lol
Old 08-02-2010, 20:34

Perhaps a direct email link at the end of the day to all advertisers with the amount of people who logged on to the site?

Would require just a little bit of site updating though Pollensa!

Also the other way - some sort of bonus system if forum visitors book through the site. Could be money off; gift of some sort; A Mr Happy Meal!!
Old 08-02-2010, 20:40

Well I like the shop and the club and I don't really understand why you are needing to explain yourself ............... the shop provides a great service to people who are new to PP and to the people who advertise their businesses and apartments and villas ( yes I know people pay for this but its a fraction of the income it generates and is clearly value for money or they wouldn't come back ) and the club provides us all with hours of entertainment/ banter and has been a conduit for some great and lasting friendships

Whilst I do subscribe to the view that feedback should be taken as a gift ...... I also think it should be offered on a take it or leave it basis and not forced upon someone

I often wonder where we would all be without the shop or the club and I conclude that we would be without something that provides a great deal of pleasure ................. great work Zod ..... keep it up and Thank You.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:43

Yes but we are assuming that the figures are good based against the competition. I don't know what they are but we don't know the competitions figures either. Would only be a good idea if it was known that the figures are way up there - way and above the others. otherwise could fall very flat if some begin to look.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
SP, i think we are now very well aware that you don't like the club. That is fine, and i respect your right to have your opinion. I am very happy to spend my time here but if one day my opinion changes i will find another club to visit.
You are obviously missing the point! I do like the 'club' - forum otherwise I would not spend time on the website/forum. Please post a quote of where I have stated I don't like the club so that your comment does not mislead others who may read this thread. One of my points is that the forum is just not keeping up with modern technology and if it fails to do so time will pass it by and in the fullness of time visitor numbers to the forum will drop off and/or someone else will register a similar domain name and attract visitor numbers away from this site. Over the years I have seen this happen so many times I have lost count. .The fact that I like the club has caused me to present this opinion - if I couldn't care less or not like the club I wouldn't waste my time posting or show an interest.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:49

Interesting point CD but I do need to say that whilst we get response to advertising our villa on this site we do actually advertise on two other sites as well. We treat our villa as a business and as such it is important to get all round marketing. This is probably what many businesses advertising on any site will do. - get the name across and keep it across.
I agree that this site is great for many things, information being number one. I have stated this on a previous post. I think most members agree with this as is evident by the number of people/members who log on everyday.
Old 08-02-2010, 20:56

Absolutely - but clearly, information doesn't pay the bills on its own when its just between us. Somehow we have to prove to the advertisers that its through this forum they are getting custom.
Old 08-02-2010, 21:23

This site is turning into a a chat room, get back to what it is there for, to inform , sorry if this is a bit blunt, but that is why I visite the forum
Old 08-02-2010, 21:26

Tim, I think you will find all of the above is relevant to PP and certainly this forum! And YES that was blunt!