Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-12-2009, 01:50

Default Positive thinking!

While OH was out last week, he heard that the Pollensa Park would be opening for a group (200) of cyclists early in the New Year.

I have felt for a while that there has been missed opportunities in and around PP.

e.g. - Along towards Alcudia, there is a lovely wee Hostal (front line) , had just had major refurb then shut down (? )... they are directly across the road from where the wind surfers/kiters play.......sport packages?

PP/Alcudia/C'an Pic area.... perfect starter Hols for ppl wanting to do some cycling, but dont have the stamina/confidence for a serious -in -at-the-deep-end cycling holiday?

I'm sure there is trade that could be picked up if there was just some research and marketing targeted in the right direction.

Miriam
Sponsored Links
Old 22-12-2009, 10:32

Miriam, we too have heard rumbles about new ideas for the North. These include shooting packages and painting packages. Looks like the beginning of regeneration!
Old 22-12-2009, 19:32

Well if anyone is reading this looking for business ideas we looked into hiring a Harley this year but would have to have driven down past Cala D'or to pick one up. We thought it would have been a great experience to drive around the north of the island on a Harley rather than in a hire car.
I personally would be interested in attending cookery or language lessons when in PP as I sometimes get fed up (how can I be saying this when it was minus 5 when I set off for work this morning???) of sitting in the sun. My Mum would love to do painting when she visits each Easter so perhaps there is a call for some alternative activities to boost visitor numbers.
Old 23-12-2009, 14:48

Birdwatching would be another good venture I should have thought (I mean the feathered variety!) - have read a couple of online reports from tourists who have visited PP specifically to spot the wildlife but have been doing so without the benefit of an organised tour. It's clearly well known amongst birders as a good location - does seem odd that none of the smaller hotels have picked up on this.
Old 24-12-2009, 14:19

A little known fact - Mallorca is a real attration for potholers, apparently it has some of the best in europe, we had a group stay in our apartment once.

The guy who ran Aniares cocktail bar opposite Neptuno (long gone) used to organise shooting parties, so I think the activities are there but you need to know where to look

GG
Old 30-12-2009, 23:26

Hi Belladonna,

What do you mean by "...new ideas for the North. These include shooting packages..."

Do you mean shooting animals, birds etc? Not my idea of a great way to spend a holiday on Majorca.
Tony
Old 31-12-2009, 11:46

I know what you mean and I have to agree. Often especially Sunday mornings I shudder hearing the sound of gunfire not just because i'm a veggie but because I find the whole idea sickening. Many will disagree, I know but I for one would be very much against PP being marketed for such distasteful (imo) activities.
PP has so much to offer and can be promoted on much nicer issues then the killing of animals.
Old 31-12-2009, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
I know what you mean and I have to agree. Often especially Sunday mornings I shudder hearing the sound of gunfire not just because i'm a veggie but because I find the whole idea sickening. Many will disagree, I know but I for one would be very much against PP being marketed for such distasteful (imo) activities.
PP has so much to offer and can be promoted on much nicer issues then the killing of animals.
Eleanor,

Hear, Hear !!!!

Hypocritical, I know, cos I'm not a veggie but the killing of any God's creatures for sport is disgusting !!!!

BonysLad
Old 31-12-2009, 16:42
Super Moderator

I know a few Spaniards who go hunting but at least they eat what they kill.
Old 31-12-2009, 17:01

Yek! - I'm sorry but I find the thought repulsive. I am aware that to many it is acceptable behaviour and it obviously happens all over the world but I would hate to think that PP actively encourages this as an activity to promote visitors. The thought of continuous gunfire sounds sickens me. As I said before, PP offers so many nice activities such as painting, walking, nature/bird watching (not shooting!) etc etc which will appeal to many, i'm sure.
Old 31-12-2009, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Hi Belladonna,

What do you mean by "...new ideas for the North. These include shooting packages..."

Do you mean shooting animals, birds etc? Not my idea of a great way to spend a holiday on Majorca.
Tony
Goodness me! Calm down everyone! Of course not shooting animals etc. CLAY shooting of course!
Old 01-01-2010, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Goodness me! Calm down everyone! Of course not shooting animals etc. CLAY shooting of course!
Bella,

When we next meet ( roll on the day !!!! ) I'll tell you about a journey from hell back to London with Roger Taylor ( from Queen ) and his p*ssed mates and groupies . They all had shotguns in the hold and had been wild boar shooting in Mallorca. Guess who rang Mr Plod as we came into land at Thief Row ???

BonysLad
Old 01-01-2010, 15:43

Just look at this site.

Villas to rent in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca), Balearic Islands - Uttings Eden

Looks good eh!