Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 01:24
Banned

Smile New Member

Hi all

Just joined as i have a place in Mallorca , and intend to move over permanent soon as everything in Uk is sold up..

So figured i will join rather than just browse ..

I looked at porto pollensa and Alcudia when looking to buy as i love the beaches along that region.

But ended up the other side the island near porto Christo due to cheaper properties and quieter for long term living etc.
But will be going to Alcudia lots during the summer so i have a interest and good knowledge of the region.

So hi everyone

Pete
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 09:03
Founder

Welcome to the Forum, Big Pete!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34

Hi Pete!

Looking forward to reading all your posts!

Jane
Old 03-04-2008, 15:04

Hi Pete,
Are you retired or do you intend to work in mallorca,have you bought an apartment or villa on a complex or in a town. sorry to be so nosey but its so interesting to hear other peoples storys of settling abroad.We are always considering it husband a builder always fancied puerto pollensa but getting so expensive.
Old 03-04-2008, 19:13

Thumbs up

Hello Pete,

Lucky old you - hope the sale of your UK property sells soon. Nice part of the Island too. Won't be far from Cala Bona - a nice wee place. Good Luck and Enjoy

Join The Tapas Bar and tell us all about it!!
Old 03-04-2008, 20:32

Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum. Good luck for your move.

Sharon
Old 07-04-2008, 21:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevgt View Post
Hi Pete,
Are you retired or do you intend to work in mallorca,have you bought an apartment or villa on a complex or in a town. sorry to be so nosey but its so interesting to hear other peoples storys of settling abroad.We are always considering it husband a builder always fancied puerto pollensa but getting so expensive.
Hi bev

Going to retire early and look for a small business or something to do on the island should i get bored ,
brought a nice detached 3 bedroomed villa, in Cala Romantica a small quiet place away from the hustle and bustle , but close enough that in 10 minutes can get to Sa Coma , Cala Bona etc . which has all the noise and bars etc..

Yes the island is more expensive but then the plus side is you get a higher class of immigrant To expensive for the beer swilling gangs to live there ..

Went this area more property for the money, only flip slide need to drive more , but then peaceful so i guess its what suits ..
Old 08-04-2008, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
Hi bev

Going to retire early and look for a small business or something to do on the island should i get bored ,
brought a nice detached 3 bedroomed villa, in Cala Romantica a small quiet place away from the hustle and bustle , but close enough that in 10 minutes can get to Sa Coma , Cala Bona etc . which has all the noise and bars etc..

Yes the island is more expensive but then the plus side is you get a higher class of immigrant To expensive for the beer swilling gangs to live there ..

Went this area more property for the money, only flip slide need to drive more , but then peaceful so i guess its what suits ..
Sorry pete but nobody ever forces anybody out of GB. You are leaving of your own volition.

If you think you pay too much tax or the NHS is poor in te UK do something about it. In Scotland we are on the verge of abolishing prescription charges, a worthwhile thing Im sure anybody would agree?

My Nana has just received a letter from Glasgow City Council telling her that GCC have now a handy-man service FOC to replace lighbulbs, build flat-pack furniture etc. Very worthwhile.

If you get bored immerse yourself in people less fortunate than yourself.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:31
Super Moderator

Default new member /bigpete

Have to agree with Hoopy,Pete whilst i defend your right to feel aggrieved with Tony Blair,do you really need to voice it at the end of nearly all your posts, we have got the point!!!.
Old 08-04-2008, 14:42

Welcome to the forum , Big Pete!
Good luck m8, looking forward to reading about your progress
Jiggy
Old 08-04-2008, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs018q4743 View Post
Have to agree with Hoopy,Pete whilst i defend your right to feel aggrieved with Tony Blair,do you really need to voice it at the end of nearly all your posts, we have got the point!!!.
Big Pete's comment about Tony Blair is in his signature line so will appear every time he posts.

Jane

Edited to add: If you don't want to view someone's signature, it's easy to turn this function off. All you need to do is:

Click on "User CP" in the top left hand corner of the page (Member control page)
Click on "Edit options"
Scroll down the page to "Thread Display Options"
Disable "Show signatures" (leave blank)
Click on "save changes" at the bottom of this page.

Last edited by JH02JLH; 08-04-2008 at 22:29.
Old 12-04-2008, 22:36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH02JLH View Post
Big Pete's comment about Tony Blair is in his signature line so will appear every time he posts.

Jane

Edited to add: If you don't want to view someone's signature, it's easy to turn this function off. All you need to do is:

Click on "User CP" in the top left hand corner of the page (Member control page)
Click on "Edit options"
Scroll down the page to "Thread Display Options"
Disable "Show signatures" (leave blank)
Click on "save changes" at the bottom of this page.
Thanks Jane

Didnt expect my signature to offend anybody But there again in this day and age nothing suprises me anymore ..
Old 12-04-2008, 22:47
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Sorry pete but nobody ever forces anybody out of GB. You are leaving of your own volition.

If you think you pay too much tax or the NHS is poor in te UK do something about it. In Scotland we are on the verge of abolishing prescription charges, a worthwhile thing Im sure anybody would agree?

My Nana has just received a letter from Glasgow City Council telling her that GCC have now a handy-man service FOC to replace lighbulbs, build flat-pack furniture etc. Very worthwhile.

If you get bored immerse yourself in people less fortunate than yourself.
Hi hoopy
Have to correct you on that first statement ;
If you didnt need a interpretor to buy a KFC and need to earn a fortune just to live a mediocre existance in the Uk , then maybe nobody would leave the Uk aprt from a 2 week holiday to get some suntan .
However this government is Forcing us middle class out , they have broken me i give in LOL so as they want i am getting the hell away . And they can keep the multi racial over taxed dull wet dismal England , which will never be any good again as its past the point of no return .

As far as helping people less fortunate , how does that work and how much can i earn ?
Old 13-04-2008, 09:00

Unhappy

Big Pete and Hoopy,

This is a Forum about Puerto Pollenca. People come on here to discuss their holidays and share hints and tips about getting the most out of visits to our favourite place. They are respectful and courteous to each other and stick by the rules about staying on topic.

This thread is about new members not the Government and you will find that there is no place to discuss the Government on this Forum - unless Mr Brown start giving out free flights to Mallorca.

We would love to hear anything that you have to contribute about PP but this is not a political platform and if that is what you are looking for there are other Forums where you can air your views.

Thanks

Lala
Old 13-04-2008, 11:46
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Big pete /Hoopy

And so say all of us Lala, 20 days and counting