Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   Suggestion for New Section? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/1302-suggestion-new-section.html)

cashinjection 08-07-2005 19:45

Suggestion for New Section?

Hi All!

Can't help noticing there are more & more forum members who already are /or becoming property owners. Setting up home isn't cheap. How about starting an "Items For Sale/Wanted" section? You know the old saying 'someones junk is another ones treasure!'

As far as I know there is only 1 second-hand furniture shop in Pto which although excellent, doesn't always have that 'extra something' you may need without it costing too much yet there must be many people needing to rid themselves of unwanted pieces of furniture etc. Wouldn't it be good if they had somewhere to sell/exchange/give them away online? It may also encourage more Pto/Pollensa residents to use the forum! What do you think?:D

debz1 08-07-2005 19:52

Hi cashinjection

What a brilliant idea! We bought a furnished property last year, and quite a bit of the furniture although in perfect condition wasn't our taste.

Our agents came and took it away free of charge to give to the 'salvation army', but for all I know it went to the 2nd hand shop!

Where abouts in PP is the shop ? We gave away 2 sofas and a coffee table so do you know if they come and collect large items?

debs

pollensa 08-07-2005 20:40

Done! See p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm43 but please no trade ads.

cashinjection 08-07-2005 21:45

Hi debz1

Glad you like the idea. Don't think I'm allowed to tell you the name of the 2nd hand shop here but it's the only one in Pto so ask around. Someone will sure to tell you. And 'yes' they do collect items large or small.

I see Pollensa has already set up the section so let's hope more people will be interested.:D

pollensa 08-07-2005 22:00

Hi,

of course you can recommend shops etc. assuming you don't own it. We just don't allow traders to advertise their OWN businesses on the forum.

cashinjection 08-07-2005 22:32

>: OOPS! My mistake.

In that case debz1 the name of the secondhand shop is 'Lovejoys' and you can find it on calle Vicente Buades. Run by a lovely lady called 'Sam'!

So why not start the ball rolling? If you've still got things to sell let's have a look!:p

PennyWhite 26-07-2005 03:24

Another idea: Is it technically possible to put on some photos? Could get very boring I know, but I have just been reminded of the sand sculptures that kept appearing, it was such a good excuse to go out again for a coffee and amoretto....

mallorcaboy 26-07-2005 03:56

If you buy anything in Lovejoy's, you'll probably get something that we sold them, as they buy as well as sell. We are dropping off a very nice chair tomorrow if anyone is after one!! Probably have to pay a good mark up though!

pollensa 26-07-2005 17:44

Re: Suggestion for New Section? Photos

Re suggestions for photos, I am looking at this. Unfortunately ezboard who host the forum not the main website don't have a photo facility, so we would have to use somewhere else. I know that flickr (run by yahoo) is popular. Has anyone used this or know of any others? - particularly ones that could be linked to from the forum,

Thanks,

Webmaster

Snowy 26-07-2005 20:17

For what its worth I will add my peneth.

I think there is to many sections now, there is a big problem with allowing people to add own photos you will get so many all alike. There are lots of free photo site where you can display your snaps for all to see only needs a link.

Mine are on webshots free if anyone wants to look try
community.webshots.com/user/hilljohn (not sure how to make this a link).

Sorry if I am a damp squid.

robjay 29-07-2005 03:53

Hi snowy,
there are other sites your right I use one called Vitrual tourist.com. not that i get much time to post on there, too busy on here lol.
Ah well their loss.

Rob