Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2006, 03:32
bee66

Default writing as new member

I was recommended to this site by my son's partner and I'm so glad she did!My husband and I have been visiting majorca for over 20yrs. and it is our favourite holiday destination. We have spent several lovely holidays in cala san vicente and always try and go there for the day if we are staying somewhere else. We have been to alcudia in may with the grandchildren to the bellvue apartments which is great for them, not so good for the elderlys!!
I hope to visit this site on many occasions now I know its here.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-06-2006, 03:33
Founder

Dear bee66,

welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to the forum named Feedback as it was more appropriate. Please do post any questions & also recommendations of places you have visited - we'll be very pleased to read them.

The page that you are viewing now is the discussion forum & just in case you hadn't realised - the pages on the left are links to the main pages on www.puertopollensa.com We've also recently launched www.goalcudia.com & would be pleased to have recommendations about that area. The forum for Alcudia can be viewed here Alcudia Forum

Webmaster
Old 19-06-2006, 03:33

Hi bee66,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find all sorts of useful information and advice, enjoy it.

Regards

Jimbo
Old 19-06-2006, 23:36
bonez1977

Hello Bee66
Welcome ... hope you enjoy hours of 'surfing' as i have so far !!
I might just try the alcudia site myself !!!

Bonez1977
Old 09-07-2006, 16:55
El Tigre

Hi Bee66 and like the others "welcome to the forum"
You've been comming to Mallorca for 20+ years my you must have seen some changes in that time.
There is a photo section on this site if you have some of your old pictures scanned it would be interesting to see them on there. We have some old coasters with views of various places in mallorca which were bought in the early 70's, I have collected all the old postcards that are sold in PP and framed them.
El Tigre
Old 10-07-2006, 02:32
bee66

I think the place that has changed the most is Alcudia. When we first visited there in the early 80's there were only a couple of hotels and apartment blocks. Now you can't see the wood for the trees!!
the one place that hasn't really changed is cala san vicente. the new hotel fits in well, the only fly in the ointment is the don pedro. Changing to an all inclusive hotel isn't in keeping with the atmosphere of csv (thats our opinion!)and if like me the mountain road to puerto soller fills you with dread the new tunnel is a god send.we love majorca, have been once in may and are back in september.
Old 10-07-2006, 14:37
ChrisLox

Default re: writing as a new member

Hi bee66,
Just like to say how much we love csv too. Even though we are in pp, it's our favourite place for r&r on our days off! I'd love to have known what it was like years ago especially before the DonPed was built. If you have any pictures maybe you could share them with us on flickr.com? Regarding all inclusive, its such a shame that we have to have so much of it in Mallorca and it's certainly not needed in csv. I heard on the grapevine that they are bringing in a new law that says all 'todo inclusivo' hotels must have at least two pools of certain size. So some of the hotels that currently offer AI may not be legal. This can only be a good thing for the area and Mallorca in general.
Old 10-07-2006, 19:37
bee66

Default Re: re: writing as a new member

sorry no photos of csv before the don pedro was built, however when we first visited csv the dp was all dark green tiles, looked like a big public loo block! they have painted it white but it is still awful.Its some of the bars and cafes we feel sorry for. The guests at the dp drink for free till 11pm and then go to the bars and want to stay 'til the early hours.As they say who wants second hand drunks?
it is still our favourite place on the island
Old 31-07-2006, 21:11
alansuddick

Well done bee66 for getting me off my backside and joining the forum after years of reading and not putting anything back in.

But firstly may I thank POLLENSA for having the great idea of putting it all on the net for us all to see as often as we like.

We too, have been visiting the port and surrounding area for almost twenty years. We've stayed in villas in the Pollensa hills and on the old road to pollensa from llenire, as well as hotels and apartments in the port itself and have loved them all( well, almost all)

The first time we stayed we booked via Travel club of Upminster and they put us in the Illa d'or apartments and because it was out of season we had breakfast in the hotel thrown in free. What a lovely hotel with great characters too...and that's just the guests! We liked it so much that we stayed there quite a few times, booking direct on the phone and sorting our flights out ourselves.

We used to do the same when we stayed in a villa. In the old days when Mallorca Farmhouses brochure used to advertise special offers in big flash villas if you booked with less than a week to go before the holiday, you got to stay in these lovely big places with pool etc. for next to nothing(relatively). When offspring would ask where we were staying we would reply 'near the beach, or maybe on it '.

One day the Sunday Times travel section outed the Illa D'or as the place to be and I said to my partner that we'd never be able to book direct again; and I was wrong... but only just.I still remember fondly, once the outside bar had been erected for the summer months, by the pier on the waters edge, sitting looking over the bay at the boats, Pinkers & Tonic (heavy on the ice, two slices of lime) in hand, when this nutter appeared in an aeroplane pretending he was Harrison Ford in some bloody feature film. They want to stop that...it looks bloody dangerous.

Anyway once the newspaper had effectively evicted us we had to find somewhere else to lay our hat so we had a look at the good old Miramar. What a spot! Much more eclectic mix of folk passing by; maybe not quite so many panamas' as the Illa D'or, but a sight more Rangers tops and shell suits to gladden the eye and remind one of home.

What a great town, what great people. it would be a worse place if we were all the same!

Seven weeks and counting.

alan.
Old 31-07-2006, 23:22

Hi Alan, and welcome to the forum. I think most of us have done the same - followed the website for months/years and then a statement made by someone else manages to lift the inertia and make us put fingers to keyboard.

It was great to hear about your early years at the Illa D'Or and enforced defect to the Miramar. ... Rangers tops ??? Sounds like your another one of our Scottish contingent. That'll gladden Robjay et al.

As you say, the wonderful thing about PP is that it satisfies all things for all people. Whether you want a really pretentious night out in your gladrags or cheap beer and pizza, there's something for everyone..... And that's the way we want it to stay.