Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   General Feedback (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/)
-   -   ACTIVE MEMBERS LIST (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/general-feedback/1289-active-members-list.html)

SENOR CIGAR 08-05-2006 21:02

ACTIVE MEMBERS LIST

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR HAVE I PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR SITTING ON A BENCH LAST WEEK NEAR THE TEX MEX BAR ENJOYING THE VIEW AND A NICE CIGAR ?

EVER SINCE THAT FATEFULL DAY WHEN I REPLY TO SOMETHING ON THE FORUM MY REPLY DISSAPEARS OFF THE ACTIVE MEMBERS LIST AS QUICKLY AS I PROMISE TO WALK PAST THE SAID PLACE IN FUTURE . ALSO THE LAST 2 QUESTIONS I HAVE REPLIED TO HAVE ALSO DISAPEARED IN A PUFF OF HAVANA SMOKE IN THE SAME WAY.
WHAT IS GOING ON ?
:hat :hat :hat

sandy 08-05-2006 21:31

Where is the active members list ????8o

Whoops, my mistake, just found it. Must be an age thing!:lol

Portofan 08-05-2006 21:32

Re: Active Members List

Hi Sandy and Senor Cigar!

The Active Members List is a link on the front home page of the Forum. Just click on it and the first and most up to date list of posts will appear.

Couldn't agree more Senor. This has been niggling me for some time. I have 425 posts and the last on 5
May but I appear on Page 4 of the list as last having posted on 15 April and as post no 423.

When I come on to the Forum whether logged in or not I generally go to the Active Members List to follow all the recent posts, or at least those I wish to read. The last two posts I had put up and indeed this one I logged on only at the stage of doing the post, could this perhaps explain things.

Another thing I notice from time to time, is that there might be say 5 replies to an original post and 40 views and next day you look , there are only 2 replies and 20 views.. I believe at one time I raised this with our Webmaster who said that it was to do with the workings of ezboard, and therefore outwith Webmaster's control.

Like you Senor, I thought I had offended someone up there. Jane also, she of many posts , I know has been puzzled as to the workings of the Active Members List..Drawing my analogy with the Football League tables it looks as if I am on my way to the Conference or whatever, maybe even Sunday amateurs on the council parks!:eek

Rant over!:\

pollensa 08-05-2006 22:16

As mentioned above I'm afraid that puertopollensa.com has no control over the technical issues on the forum as it is all run by ezboard.

webmaster

sandy 08-05-2006 23:52

I don't appear to have any of the above issues, but when I log on, I tend to go straight to the posts marked with a 'new' icon. They never seem to go backwards in terms of views and replies. Perhaps its the way your doin' it! :rollin

Portofan 01-10-2006 21:12

Further to my rant in May, I have just put up a couple of posts, saying that Portofan and Sherryfan arrive in PP on Tuesday for ten days.

But no, it doesn't appear on the Active Members List, so no one will know. And as that charming Aussie guy, Kevin B***** Wilson would say, "Oh no, here we b***** go again".

Might well be outside Webmaster's control, but still entitled to be irritated about it and say so!!>:

Portofan 02-10-2006 01:20

Taking up the Senor's point from his first post.

After doing my further rant earlier today , my name appeared top of the Active Members' List, now it's gone!!

How are readers supposed to locate the most recent posts quickly?

Come on ezboard , time to get something in gear, if you see what I mean!>:

Yes and I see I am back on the list. Wonder how long this time before the software chucks it!!:eek :eek :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lol :lol ;)

pollensa 02-10-2006 16:13

If you have any problems with ezBoard, do post a bug report via the Help forums as I'm afraid they won't read these posts. Do be aware that they will soon be converting all forums over to Yuku so I doubt that they will fix any ezBoard bugs unless they are urgent.

See Help Forums

webmaster

pollensa 02-10-2006 16:19

Further to your query above, the Active Members list is only a guide as to WHO has been posting recently & is not the best way to view new posts.

In your Account Profile, select Preferences & make sure you have 'Move Updated Topics to Top' selected. Also whenever you have read the posts in a Forum or all Forums, then do click on 'Mark Forum Read' at the top. If you do this now you will clear all the 'New' icons and start from fresh. In that way you will see the 'New' icon next to any unread posts & these posts will be at the top.

Portofan 02-10-2006 20:11

Re Active Members List

Hi Pollensa!

Thank you for your two informative posts this morning.

I will apply your instructions, which should be a help to more than just yours truly.

I do appreciate the posts on here are not read by Ezboard and my rant arose naturally out of my frustrations of yesterday.|I

And very much looking forward to my visit to PP.:D

Thanks again.

Porto

Belladonna 04-10-2006 07:10

Re: Re Active Members List

Yes, thanks for info, I didnt know about the Mark topics read bit. it has made life SO much easier than trying to find out if someone has made more than one topic posting. You learn something new every day!8o

OH NO! IVE ONLY JUST FOUND OUT IT ACTUALLY DELETES EVERYTHING BEFORE HAND - I THOUGHT IT WOULD JUST SHOW THAT I HAD READ THEM!

Dont suppost theres any magic way of getting them all back now is there???!!! A little knowledge is a VERY dangerous thing :( :rolleyes :\

jiggy 04-10-2006 08:42

Hi Bella
It hasnt deleted them, your just looking at the NEW posts.
Press the 'show all topics' link, at the top, under the 'join live chat' and everything should be fine again:D

By the way, WELCOME BACK!!!!!! or have i said that already:lol

Belladonna 04-10-2006 18:02

Thanks Jiggs, I think I was just so excited to be back on line and try new things, I got a bit confused!! Back on track now thank goodness and intend to re-join Active Members!!

debz1 04-10-2006 18:12

Think I've got it but still a bit confused !!:\

Calm down Bella ;)

Snowy 04-10-2006 19:40

Easy way when you read the post in say Active Members list hit Back button and click on Mark Forum Read.

Simple as that.

Snowy