Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > General Feedback

General Feedback Use this area to provide general feedback on the PuertoPollensa.com web site. Suggest new sections, tell us what you like and don't like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 16:54
illador

Default saying the unsayable

Ok so I know it's not for me to say this. I'm an incredibly infrequent poster, a perennial 'lurker', watching and listening with interest and enthusiasm (put it down ti innate shyness and lack of confidence on forums). But...........

.......am I alone in thinking that, since the 'no off-piste' messaging edict, this forum has become just a little...er....dull?

No banter, no gentle ribbing, no hint of views strongly held. Nada.

Of course, Pollensa, we all understand the reasons why. And I reiterate, I'm the last person who should be raising it given my lack of involvement, but I'm at least entitled to an opinion. What do others think????????
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2007, 17:51
Marsha

I think everyone's got the winter blues, whilst I don't pay a lot of attention to the general chit chat I relish the reviews of PP and want to know all that I can about the accomodation, the restaurants etc etc and there isn't much of that going on either at the moment... but I'm sure it will pick up as people start planning their summer hols. I was hoping to get back this year, but health problems mean I have to put my plans on hold for the timebeing, just a touch of skin cancer, so PP in the summer might not be such a good idea after all!! Maybe October half term... I need some suckling pig from Los Zarzales!!
Old 02-02-2007, 18:50

Sorry to hear about your health problems, hope you recover soon. I agree this time of the year is normaly quite, but it should pick up soon as people get over the new year and start thinking about the summer, With the weather as it is hopefully spring is just around the corner. Hopefully the past troubles are behind us and we can soon look forward to the usual fine posts from Jane, Robjoy, snowy, bonez and all the other regualars, so come on everyone, lets get things moving now, i'm already getting ready for our visit this year, only 168 days to go
Old 03-02-2007, 07:09

illador,

Well done for saying what a lot of us are no doubt thinking...

The personality seems to be missing from the forum at the moment and I certainly mourn the passing of messages that were informative yet fun.

This forum is for everyone who loves PP and Mallorca and everyone is welcome to add their thoughts to the messages on here, whether they have 1 post or 1000.

I would hate to think that just because I've posted a lot of messages, it makes me somehow more qualified to give my opinion. I'm a relative newbie to PP and I know that a lot of people who don't post often, are actually far more knowledgeable about the area than a lot of us who post regularly.

Don't forget that the chatroom is still popular - just this week there was a fair crowd in there and new members are especially welcome. We are very gentle!

I have a couple of ideas for the wine forum that might spark a bit of conversation, so watch this space!

Jane
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05
KILLIAN MCCORMACK

Well put Illa Dor......I agree with you totally

2 points;

1) I think that the point you've made is all the more interesting as you (as youve said) are not a regular poster. But you obviously enjoyed reading the old posts and I can only assume werent too shocked by what you found. I was the same.

2) I love PP. Been a few times going again in May.
I also love reading about the interests of fellow PP lovers (some who havent been more than once and some who own there) like their taste in music,tv,politics:lol , sports, and everything else. And yes I do miss all that:| . And as a result of the change in the forum I dont post anymore|I . And I have noticed that lots of interesting people dont either. This wont change with the seasons IMO.

Thats my rant over see you in the chat room .
Well put again Illa Dor

The Irish Legend (for you peru
Killian
Old 03-02-2007, 10:59
jiggy

First of all, Marsha,
I hope your health probs get better

Secondly, illador
you must be a mind reader. I ,and certain peeps i was chatting to during this week, were saying how quiet the forum has been since the closure of Happy Hour.
IMO, this has nothing to do with the time of year, but the fact that there's no room for general disscusions.

I certainly cant post much anymore, cos most of my posts were about footy or music (Listenin too..). Thats not cos i dont want to post about PP, i do. but ive only been to our beloved resort once (and i loved it), so , sadly, what can i add? But i dont want to loose touch with all the great friends ive made on this great site.

Whilst i agree that some of the discussions might have been geting out of hand, i really dont think that closing the happy hour was the answer.

So, Pollensa, is there anyway that we could have a trial period with the Happy Hour back? if anyone steps out of line, just ban them!

And last, but deffinatley not least, Killian! you are a legend in my eyes:lol :lol :rollin :rollin
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36

Best Wishes Martha.

Over the last few years those of us that log on each day will have seen that people do not post very often at this time of year.
I do not wish to offend anyone but surely the name:- Puertopollensa.com say's it all, it is about PP and not music, Jokes etc.

PP76
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45
jiggy

Hi PP76
No offence taken, m8.
You are right, PP.com should be about PP, but some of us want to know a bit more about other members interests, and have become very close to one another. Surely there is no harm in that.
Regards
jiggy
Old 04-02-2007, 09:37

This site has the same ability to draw so many of us as Puerto Pollensa itself does. We all dream of being in Puerto Pollensa and to that extent this is a part of the Drean Factory.
Several users communicate with each other on a frequent basis. The loss of the Happy Hour in recent times has ment that those who were regulars have nowhere to post on topics that are unrelated to PP. We mourn its loss too.
A brand new community has been created by Zelda with PP at it's heart.As with all communities it needs somewhere for free discourse without interrupting the flow of it's daily function.
We agree wholeheartedly with Killian, jiggy and others.
PeRu
Old 04-02-2007, 19:58
illador

Default saying the unsayable

Looks as if what I said may have struck a bit of a chord. Pollensa, what's your view?
Old 04-02-2007, 23:53
Founder

Dear all,

I haven't commented before as I've only just come back from a much needed break away from matters PP (skiing – very badly – in Austria!).

I fully understand that some of you may now be finding the forum somewhat dull and would like a place for general discussion within the community that has been built up. However I’m afraid that this cannot be within the Pollensa forum and I am unable to be involved.

As most of you already know I run the commercial company Holiday Webs & associated web sites puertopollensa.com & goalcudia.com single-handedly from the UK with invaluable sales support from Martin in Pollensa. Running this business tales several long hours daily. I originally started the forum to alleviate the burden of answering numerous emails a day from people requesting information about the area as I didn’t have the time & often the knowledge, to respond. The intention has always been to provide a dynamic information resource and nothing more.

When posts started going off topic and discussing general matters. I created first the Tapas Bar & then the private Happy Hour. However I wasn’t prepared for the amount of unpleasantness that could take place amongst what I assume to be perfectly ‘normal’ and reasonable people. Moderating such comments is not just a case of ‘banning’ people and is pretty stressful, and very time consuming, as whatever I chose to do – whether I left posts as they were, edited them, banned people etc, I received complaints from one or other members objecting. We have now had several attempts at restarting a ‘general’ forum and each time matters start to deteriorate sooner or later.

Therefore I am not going to re-open a general discussion form here. I have already suggested that if you would like such a facility you look at creating your own ezBoard Community – it is not that difficult – and I am prepared to offer some technical help if needed – just email me – and I will be happy to post a link to it, when you’ve created it, from this forum.

So please think about creating your own discussion forum – there is more information here help.ezboard.com/?view_article_id=85
Old 05-02-2007, 02:34

How do other members feel about this?

I would love to give it a go. A link from here would be great.

Let me know and maybe we can work togther to get something created.

Jane
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48

Jane,

More power to your elbow.

I will help/support in any way I can.

I miss the old banter.

Thanks,

Jimbo
Old 05-02-2007, 03:58
alidee

Default re saying the unsayable

I have to agree with you all im certainly not a regular poster but i log in every day just to read the crac.It helps you get through these cold winter days reading about pp and gives you something to aim for your trip in the summer.Iwasnt aware that there had been any upset or what it was about but i have to say there just doesnt seem to be half as many posts as there used to be which is a pity.Lets hope it picks up a bit it would be such a shame if it doesnt.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:21

Default Re: re saying the unsayable

OK!

It's done (I think!).

We have a new baby! Here is the link:

The Tapas Bar

Pollensa, I hope you don't mind me using an old name from here for the new community.

I hope everyone visits and starts posting! If you have any ideas or questions, just leave me a message!

Jane